Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Return, Exchange, Options help please...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-03, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought Timesplitters 2 for GC earlier this week and since i have never returned a game before pitched the receipt. However now im having some second thoughts, i think i would rather have Zelda instead seeing besides smash bros. i dont have time to play too many games. And would rather put that time into Zelda. Can i take the game back to eb and exchange without a receipt? What are some other options i have? The game is unopened. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-14-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Depends on the people working at EB, you probably will only get the lowest sale price though. I think it was on sale for $30 somewhere last week.

You might be better off taking it to the big W or another big department store instread.
Old 03-14-03, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's unopened does it still have an EB price sticker on it? Granted this could be put on by you after the fact, but I would think they might take it back.

However as someone else said, they will probably give you the lowest sale price within the last X weeks/months. The other thing is if you are a semi-regular customer and the EB person that helped you happens to be there he/she might be able to vouch for you buying the game *shrug*.

Other than that, like someone said, Wal-Mart is probably your best bet (even though it is a cheat of the system technically).

Lesson to learn: don't throw away your receipts
Old 03-14-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just pickup some 2 games from Gamestops 3 days ago.... Now.. i wish i can find the receipt ... cuz... i am going got GBA SP instead

Hopefully, they know meeh....cuz... i shop weekly
Old 03-14-03, 11:32 PM
Banned

I have the perfect solution for you.

Exchange it at Walmart for store credit or another item of the same value. You can do this up to 3 times a year without a receipt. Just tell them that it was a gift.

If you have no Walmart around, then go to Target and try the same thing.

Or, if you find a nice employee at Electronics Boutique, he might let you return or exchange it even without a receipt. Any employee could easily do this for you even though it's not the stores policy.
Old 03-15-03, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
None of the EB stores I've been to have unopened items. They open all their games and put their dirty smelly hands all over the discs - I tell them I'm not paying full price for a used game and they look at me funny and tell me that it's not used. It's just something to do when I'm stuck at the mall (with a friend or whatever)... it also keeps me from spending too much on video games. I buy most of my games from half.com - I pre-order for like 20-30 bucks and usually end up with a new game that is still sealed.
Old 03-15-03, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Oh - as for your question - one of those stores - gamestop or EB has a return policy even if you open the game and play it. If you paid with a credit card, you can pull your statement and show it to them saying you lost the receipt, but here's the proof. The whole walmart/target thing could work... I've even had success doing that at Best Buy on sealed items. I say it was a gift from my sister and that she lives in Minnesota and she didn't give me a receipt. As long as it comes up in their inventory, they'll usually exchange it for whatever you want.
Old 03-15-03, 11:07 AM
Banned

WARNING - Electronics Boutique is no longer allowing you to return the game once it's opened.
Old 03-16-03, 09:45 AM

What about the games they open themselves and sell them as new? If I never actually opened the game myself, will they take it back?
Old 03-16-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by William Wallace
I have the perfect solution for you.

Exchange it at Walmart for store credit or another item of the same value. You can do this up to 3 times a year without a receipt. Just tell them that it was a gift.

If you have no Walmart around, then go to Target and try the same thing.

Or, if you find a nice employee at Electronics Boutique, he might let you return or exchange it even without a receipt. Any employee could easily do this for you even though it's not the stores policy.
In my experience Target is a pain in the a$$ without a receipt, even right after Christmas.