Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 3/13/03

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Friends 3/13/03

No thread yet? I did a search, and didn't see one.

Normally I'm in the group that still like the show and finds it funny week-in week-out. Maybe I was just cranky or something, but I did not like last night's episode at all. I didn't even like Joey's storyline, which (IMO) has been the strongest part of the show recently. I certainly didn't find any of the Ross/Chandler stuff funny.
Old 03-14-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was funny, but then again I was loaded on barley wine.
Old 03-14-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
And I'm the person that continues to watch the show although I think this year has been TERRIBLE. Guess I'm hoping they pull out of their slump. But so far, they haven't. I've only liked one episode. I'm extremely disappointed with the way this show has turned out. I certainly give the cast high marks for trying, but the writing has been abysmal. So I'd give this season a D- overall if I had to rate it.
Old 03-14-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It amazes me how much of a drop-off in quality this show has endured in just a single year. Last year was pretty funny, this year is pretty crappy.

I think they could of come up with something more original then "sex with dinosaurs" and "Chandler is gay". Both of these have been used enough as it is.
Old 03-14-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
It amazes me how much of a drop-off in quality this show has endured in just a single year. Last year was pretty funny, this year is pretty crappy.
I agree with you 100% I even thought maybe they got new writers or something this season, but they didn't. I know it must be difficult to keep things fresh after 9 seasons, but come on! Like you said, I thought last year was consistently good. So what happened??
Old 03-14-03, 11:16 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The show has become way to predictable. It was pretty easy to see as soon as that girl showed up Ross was eventually going to come out of the bedroom yelling he's alive thus freaking her out and her leaving.
Old 03-14-03, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the episode was funny. Better then the last few, but I like them all.

~LP
Old 03-14-03, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I think last night was pretty funny. The show acknowledges the absurdity of its own plotlines these days, it's liike the "Friends" are in their own pocket universe and when someone from the "real world" comes in they make a point of showing how insane the characters are -- for instance Ross's "fake death" last night and his classmate's reaction to it.