TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

E.r. - 3/13/03

Old 03-13-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
E.r. - 3/13/03

Dr. Weaver is such an evil hypocritical bitch. I really hope tonight was the beginning of her demise on the show. I hope Dr. Lewis and Abbie expose her and get the truth out. She had to know all of these favors for the alderman would catch up to her.

I really like Kovac's confessionals - pretty interesting. It gives the show a little different flow. Change is good.

Romano is one of the best on tv at delivering one-liners. I really hope they find a way to keep him around, because it doesn't seem like he has much longer on the show.

Last edited by B.A.; 03-13-03 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-13-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, a good episode. Pretty intense, and lots of character development.

Old 03-13-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The moment between Abbie and Carter towards the end was one of my favorite moments of the year for this series. Very well done, imo.

Kovac's confession to the hooker was classic. He is one of a kind. I really hope they stop his character's downward spiral soon. He's one of the better parts of the show.

I hope Dr. Lewis nails Dr. Weaver to the wall.
Old 03-13-03, 09:56 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I loved the ending of Luca's part tonight I was totally expecting him to be talking to a staff shrink.

I don't like what they're doing to Weaver. The writers can't decide if you should feel sorry for her or hate her guts.

Last edited by MrX; 03-14-03 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-13-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MrX
I loved the ending of Luca's part tonight I was totally expecting him to be talking to a staff shrink.
Yea, but 15 minutes? Who can go that long?
Old 03-14-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

ahem..

anyways..this was a pretty good ep. I could tell it was good since I didn't feel like ing during the Carter/Abby scenes..
Old 03-14-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it me or is Susan starting to look mildly hot? Or maybe it was just the dress...
Old 03-14-03, 01:14 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Is it me or is Susan starting to look mildly hot? Or maybe it was just the dress...
I've always thought she was cute, I think it was because her hair was down in this ep and not in that clip it usually is in
Old 03-14-03, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MrX
I've always thought she was cute, I think it was because her hair was down in this ep and not in that clip it usually is in
Yes, Sherry looks a lot hotter with long hair, imho.
Old 03-14-03, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The first clue to the Luka confession/introspection is the female voice during their "session". I knew right off that Luka was in the company of a lady of the night (otherwise, it'd be the male pshrink who was badgering him earlier in the episode).

This episode was very good in terms of examining "do the ends justify the means" and in the end, one guy dies, many others will live (because the ER is fully staffed, no cutbacks) because Carrie sacrificed her medical intregrity for what she thought was the greater good; and Carrie's sense of honor and guilt will eat at her internally for the foreseeable future, and a politician will be ducking for cover, while also using that sense of guilt to hide his complicity in the matter. And the other incredible development out of Carrie's internal betrayal of her medical ethics is her frikkin' promotion as chief of staff! Talk about life's irony.

Susan's smart, and will figure it out. Whether she forces Carrie to come clean will remain to be seen.

Luka's subplot gives a little more insight inside his trouble psyche. He's still empty inside, competent on the outside, which makes him a desirable commodity at the ER, but besides his job, he has nothing to live for (it seems). Luka has no rudder at this point in his life.

Abby and Carter's subplot is just stringing us along for the eventually engagement, most likely during sweeps in May (they suckered us in during the February sweeps with the almost engagement). But I did like their segment at the end. Both of them are becoming more intertwined with the other, and I think some form of intimacy on an id level is developing as Carter sees that Abby now wants to help herself (he was never really able to help her with her inner demons because she simply wasn't "there" yet to want to help herself).

Deb cleans up well.

Also, they set the table for Gallant's return as an ER doc for future seasons.
Old 03-14-03, 08:55 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I loved the episode except for the Carter/Abby scene at the end. After the BS he laid on her about her changing just for him, and his "confession" that he didn't propose because he thought there was something wrong between them, why on earth would she just jump into his arms because he follows her for a block? Even if they get engaged (which will probably happen in the last episode if the season with the entire ER looking on as Carter gets on his knees and proposes while intubating a child or something), it will never last.
Old 03-14-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But I think the point about finally getting engaged is that you are at peace with the person you think you want to spend the rest of your life. Carter has seen Abby in all forms of despair given her circus for a family life, and he's also seen how precious life is as a physicianin the ER. Is Abby's baggage enough to be an obstacle to their love? I think Carter sees that Abby is doing what she can to jettison her past baggage for her own well-being on her own terms, not his, and that is something that Carter can take comfort in, but always knowing that the darker side of Abby is also there, but not in such prominence that would sabotage their relationship.

Also, Carter is not entirely a saint, he's got faults as well. He's too trusting, and his upbringing doesn't quite give him the same view of money as the rest of his co-workers. He's also probably more co-dependent than he would admit. He's got a snarky temper in terms of competition (remember the fencing in the "Breakfast Club" episode?), also, Carter probably gets a kick out of vicariously living an out of control, not prim & proper, life by being at Abby's side during her family episodes.

I think they could make it work, but it'll be a challenge for both of them.
Old 03-14-03, 09:21 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Patman, I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I just don't care about them anymore. Too many up and down episodes, too much stupidity on both sides.

They should spend more time on the Chen/Pratt relationship.
Old 03-14-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Bandoman
Patman, I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I just don't care about them anymore. Too many up and down episodes, too much stupidity on both sides.

They should spend more time on the Chen/Pratt relationship.
Bandoman - another reason it was a great moment was that her family wasn't their to ruin it for the rest of us. There was no Maggie ("you like me, you really, really like me" Sally Field) and Eric (Tom Everett Scott) to annoy the piss out of everybody w/ their played out story-line. It was just a good moment between Abbie and Carter and, to me, it showed that they were ready to take it to the next level. I can't explain it, but I like Abbie and Carter together. I am living some of my dreams vicariously through him.

I hope Pratt dumps Chen's stupid ass, they need to get to that episode soon. All she will do is let him down. After all those years w/ Leon, the poor guy doesn't need more $hit in his life.
Old 03-14-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Deb cleans up well.
NO doubt !! She came gamboling down that hall and all I could think was "Club soda!"

Romano cracked me up solidly twice.

Fine character development epsiode, all around. That's what keeps me interested in this show. I still am interested in these people, even though I'm always scared Maggie's in the backseat, crouching down. (I have no special problem w/ TE Scott.)