Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone playing Hitman 2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-03, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone playing Hitman 2?

I did a search and didn't see any topics on this game. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago on sale and with a $10 BB GC and finally got around to playing it. I love this game! It has touches of MGS with stealth type of missions and very non linear missions. There seems to be a bunch of different ways to complete each mission. I'm still near the beginning of the game in Japan, but loving every minute of this one. I would highly recommend picking this one up and it's on sale at BB for $39.99 next week.
Old 03-13-03, 07:52 AM

I've been through it twice and I plan on playing it again as soon as I finish Splinter Cell. Hitman 2 is one of the funnest games I have ever played.
Old 03-13-03, 09:34 AM

yeah, its a keeper...
Old 03-13-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hitman is one of those that kind of slipped in under the radar. I gave this a rental and I loved it. I haven't gotten around to buying this one yet though.
Old 03-13-03, 10:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Played it like a maniac when it came out... what a great game.
Old 03-13-03, 10:24 AM

I just finished it a couple weeks ago. i didn't like the first level that much so I kind of stopped playing it for awhile. Then I picked it up again and got totally hooked. It's a great nerve-wracking game. When you're being looked over by a guard and the controller starts beating, that's a true test of nerves. Do I keep walking or take him out before he yells....
Old 03-13-03, 11:02 AM
ME2

Yeah, I got to say I really enjoyed this game. I rented it right when it came out and it was a lot of fun. Those Ballers are awesome, when you see those guys flying backwards, you know you made a difference. But really it's a lot of fun, and strategic too.
Old 03-13-03, 11:06 AM
RVP

Any one who hasn't played the First Hitman should pick that up for PC. You can probably get it cheap, and it is just as fun.
Old 03-13-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The game is pretty fun but the terrible A.I. is getting on my nerves. "Uh-oh the pizza boy didnt awnser my question......BLAM.......BLAM.................BLAM.............BLAM"
Old 03-13-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I played it for a few weeks. A bit too hard for me.
Old 03-13-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I rented it and couldn't even get inside the compound on the first mission. I used a FAQ and stashed my weapons inside the groceries and then grabbed the flower guys outfit and hid his body. I got inside, the guard took my flowers and then almost immediately they'd get suspicious and they'd start killing me. I think Hitman 2 has to be on of the most insanely difficult games I've ever played. Not being able to even get past the first mission was a what gave the game a definite thumbs down for me.
Old 03-13-03, 07:31 PM

I love this game. More than Splinter Cell. I can understand if you're having trouble with the first mission. It didn't have much of a 'tutorial' or any easy missions to help you understand what you're supposed to be doing. Once you get the hang of it though it's pretty intuitive and you can run through the first level with your eyes closed.
Old 03-14-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Cardiff Giant
I rented it and couldn't even get inside the compound on the first mission. I used a FAQ and stashed my weapons inside the groceries and then grabbed the flower guys outfit and hid his body. I got inside, the guard took my flowers and then almost immediately they'd get suspicious and they'd start killing me. I think Hitman 2 has to be on of the most insanely difficult games I've ever played. Not being able to even get past the first mission was a what gave the game a definite thumbs down for me.
I abandoned the mailman angle and snuck in the side entrance, waited behind the garage and killed the guard when he was taking a wiz. Steal his suit and your good to go. Remember to keep your weapons hidden and never run (in disguise)or youll raise red flags. And steer clear of the cook.
Old 03-14-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Then there's always the "Whip out the ballers and blast every living thing" approach. It may lack grace, but it'll get you through the first level at least.
Old 03-14-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there any way to change the way he controls with respect to the analog sticks? I hate how the left stick is used to strafe and the right stick to turn.
Old 03-14-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I've bought it a couple of weeks ago for the PC, but have wimped out so far and haven't opened the box yet. I might have preferred it for the PS2, but this was $20 cheaper. Does it play and run just as well on a mid-level PC? Anyone playing the PC version?
Old 03-14-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I got stuck on the last level and then got distracted by other games so I still haven't beaten it yet. When I finally get around to playing again I figure I'll finish it, get all the weapons, then go for Silent Assassin on every level. It bugs me that I got Silent Assassin on one level in KL, but because it wasn't a killing level, they didn't give me the silenced ballers.

Overall, the plot is pretty tight, and with all the quick changes and varying ways to complete the level, it could make a pretty neat movie.