Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

About those "What DVDs are you getting this week" threads..

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Props to the thread initiators for DVD Talk-linkifying the week's new DVDs..but I have a couple suggestions..

Firstly..I think there should be a poll..select the top 10 new studio releases/catalog releases [since there's only ten options..] that way we could get a feel for what's popular here on DVD Talk..

Second..since the thread starters are linking to whichever DVD is released, perhaps the mods would authorize starting the weekly thread a week earlier..that way the thread will inform of upcoming releases, allow for a greater pre-order discount and put some $$$ in GK's pocket..

Make sense..?
Old 03-13-03, 05:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AFAIK, the same links to DVDs in those two threads are listed on the Coming Soon page... a link to that page is at the top of every page. So starting the thread early isn't really necessary, since the info is available to people for a long time before release week. The poll sounds like a good idea, though.
Old 03-17-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woo hoo, I'm getting props since it was my idea to DVD talk-linkifying those threads so that it moved away from a pad haven where everyone really didn't help out much and just posted without no knowledge of what was coming out, and allowing dvdtalk some $$ from the dvdtalk links for last minute buyers.

Old 03-17-03, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is why you're a DVD Talk Hero!

[Even though you NEVER posted screenshots from Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind... Grrrr..]