Angel -- "Release" -- 03.12.2003

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..there's really nothing else I can say right now..
Old 03-11-03, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty good episode.

Spoiler:
Faith sure hasn't put up much of a fight in the past two episodes though, has she?

The "vampire with a gun" part was pretty neat though.
Old 03-12-03, 02:48 AM
Cool New Member

Kind of a blah episode for me. The Faith/Angel parts were good, but everything else was kinda boring. I didn't really care bout the whole Conner and Cordy deal and the whole Gun and Fred thing is so lame. I liked last week's episode a whole lot more.
Old 03-12-03, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by mmmm_cookies
Kind of a blah episode for me. The Faith/Angel parts were good, but everything else was kinda boring. I didn't really care bout the whole Conner and Cordy deal and the whole Gun and Fred thing is so lame. I liked last week's episode a whole lot more.
Yeah, not much really happened, I liked last weeks a lot more. Just seemed like filler between last weeks and next weeks.
Old 03-12-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Not to spoil anything but

Spoiler:
Faith isn't vamped. She's just bitten. At least that's what they want us to believe now.
Old 03-12-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
That's what i'm hoping/I think too..

After watching the ep again last nite with my girlfriend, it seemed that Angelus didn't get that big a chunk of Faith..

But I was getting tired of seeing her get her ass kicked..

I'm wondering if Cordy is evil or not..granted, she's working behind the scenes..but perhaps she's doing what NEEDS to be done [by any means necessary -- like Wes] to stop the pending armageddon..

..maybe?

Last edited by Rogue588; 03-12-03 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-12-03, 03:32 PM

Spoiler:
When the Beast Master told Angelus he was somewhere 'moist and warm' my first thought was 'Oh, so Cordie's not evil but her baby is and it's controlling her'. It's explains some of it, but that would mean it was actually Cordie that decided to sleep with Connor and that's just icky.

Here's hoping Faith isn't vamped. If I knew she was going to stick around on Angel until the end of the season I'd be all for it because I think Bad Faith / Angelus have excellent chemistry. I never understood why so many people get vamped when they have to voluntarily drink the vampires blood to complete the process. I guess the vamp drains them so their to weak and then just opens up a vein and sticks it to their mouth so they can't fight back and have no choice but to swallow.
Old 03-12-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was an alright episode but not as good as last week.

I can't stand Cordelia or Connor right now...both annoy the hell out of me. Glad to see Andy Hallett added to the credits, he's very funny.

Spoiler:
that warm and moist comment makes it sound as if the cordy baby is evil...but I also have doubts that this being is even Cordelia... is it possible that something else has taken her form and she's still on a higher plane, just watching all this **** unfold?? Because since she's returned...she hasn't been... well... I guess time will tell.

I also think everyone knows that Faith will be fine... she certainly isn't going to start sucking Angelus dry, so I'm sure all will resolve itself withing the first minute of the next episode...just a scare tactic...ala the Giles beheading on Buffy...something to make sure we tune in next week... as if I'd miss it!

MATT
Old 03-12-03, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only watch Buffy but am watching now because of Faith. Seems like a pretty good show, but I can't believe how different Cordelia looks now. She is the only person from the beginning of Buffy that actually looks like a grown up. Aside from Giles, of course.
Old 03-12-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally posted by dolphinboy
I only watch Buffy but am watching now because of Faith. Seems like a pretty good show, but I can't believe how different Cordelia looks now. She is the only person from the beginning of Buffy that actually looks like a grown up. Aside from Giles, of course.
Charisma is quite a bit older than the other "Buffy" kids. She'll be 33 in July.

By comparison, Alyson is 29, Sarah is 26, and Nick is 31.

Actually, Charisma is about two weeks younger than Robia La Morte, who played Jenny Calendar, the computer teacher.
Old 03-12-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Angelus is truly a great character, shame they can't let DB do this more often. Loved the bit of him wearing glasses.
"You can kiss my vampire a$$!"

Cordy plays a really sexy pregnant villain IMO.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-12-03 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-12-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I agree with the rest about the whole Connor Cordy storyline. I just cringe everytime those two have a scene together. Faith really seems so weak compared to the punishment that Buffy can dish out, but I guess that's why Buffy has her own show. So it looks like Faith is dead unless Wesley gets his ass up before Angel drains her. I think it would be pretty shocking if Faith actually got turned. It would be interesting to see if she opted to drink from Angel rather than die.

The one thing I find really irritating is how dumb Connor is. I understand you grew up in a demon dimension without much human interaction, but can you not see the obvious facade that Cordy is putting on? I mean that's some pretty shallow acting going on there. I understand it's what you always wanted, but common sense man.
Old 03-12-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts
I think DB is really great when he plays evil Angelus he just lets go and gets on with his bad self IMHO. Faith just seems very very very weak. Let's kill Connor and Cordy and move on.
Old 03-12-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Originally posted by spainlinx0
The one thing I find really irritating is how dumb Connor is. I understand you grew up in a demon dimension without much human interaction, but can you not see the obvious facade that Cordy is putting on? I mean that's some pretty shallow acting going on there. I understand it's what you always wanted, but common sense man.
Because when we were all 17 year old boys we questioned the interest of the older women who let us have sex with them?

Riiiiiiiight
Old 03-12-03, 10:16 PM

OMG, i was yellin at the Tv, i cant belive it, this episode was so great, i read the spoiler about the end but i forgot, so it was a total surprise. And the previews for next week, haha looked so sweet, there kinda makin Angelous like superman thoug, hes just like flying around and stuff, like he jumps like its nothing.
Old 03-12-03, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I the only one that thinks that Faith
Spoiler:
may have shot up with that stuff that they found in the vampire crack den
before the fight? I know it is kinda unbelievable but it could explain why they showed it in the first place.

Sam

oops! Dunno what made me thing that b /b made spoiler tags!

Sam
Old 03-12-03, 10:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was ok. The whole scene with Angelus sitting in the chair with the glasses was funny. Angelus is such a great character.
Spoiler:
to bad Willow restores his soul next week
Old 03-12-03, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The only good parts of this episode was Angelus reading and his interaction w/ Faith. I did like Wes's little bit of torture when he stabbed the junkie in the shoulder. Very wicked. I don't think Faith is as weak as she seems, she setting somebody up for a major showdown, imo.

I fudged up tonight and forgot to check my tape in the vcr before I set the timer, could somebody please tell me if I missed anything at the beginning of the show. I didn't catch anything until Angelus made his way into the hotel and confronted Fred. I think I missed the first 15/20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 03-13-03, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And here I thought since Andy Hallett was added to the opening credits, the twist ending would be him getting killed.

Glad that wasn't the case.
Old 03-13-03, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haha!
Old 03-13-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Tanaraq
Spoiler:
When the Beast Master told Angelus he was somewhere 'moist and warm' my first thought was 'Oh, so Cordie's not evil but her baby is and it's controlling her'.
Yikes, how did I miss that comment? Now things are starting to make sense!
Old 03-13-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I am having a hard time watching Faith the Punching Bag 2 weeks in a row. It's got the classic Pro Wrestling storyline vibe where the "good guy" gets pummelled for a long time, and then finally comes through to give us that dramatic conclusion to the battle. But it's just tough to watch Faith get knocked around all over creation.

I don't think the final scene is anymore than a breather in the fight between Angelus and Faith. I don't expect Faith to be turned, maybe weakened by some blood loss.

I did think it was funny that in the shower scenes that the "facial cuts" got washed away by the water (chalk it up to miraculous Slayer healing, I guess).

You have to love Wes's arc in both Buffy and Angel. He's come a long long way from the prim and proper Watcher in season 3 of Buffy. He's downright nasty and can dish it out when he needs to squeeze info from other humans.
Old 03-13-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I too think that Cordy is being controlled by an evil child inside of her.

In terms of Faith getting her arse kicked, it could be a sign that she has tried to change and is no longer in the game.

My prediction:
She goes to Sunnydale and gets her self confidence restored by whipping the a$$es of both Kennedy and Andrew. Kennedy because I just see it coming, and Andrew because Faith will do it on general principle.
Old 03-13-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But, if Cordy wasn't "bad" before she conceived, then who was the Beast's Master during Reign of Fire (which provided the opportunity for conception)?
Old 03-13-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was really bored during this episode. Episode One bored.

It just seemed like nothing really happened except the same fight scene over & over. I thought I was watching Birds of Prey for a while.

Last week was so much better.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.