Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else playing the Legend of Zelda in Animal Crossing?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-03, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Pro Action Replay is out and it unlocks Punchout and three more rumored Animal Crossing NES games. Ice Climbers, Super Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda are in Animal Crossing.

I've enjoyed Punchout the most, but I'm starting to play the Legend of Zelda again as well. Only problem I'm having is I can't remember how to save the game. It's been too long since I played the original game. Maybe you only save when you die?

Bad news is Nook won't give you codes for the games so trading them to others is tough.
Old 03-09-03, 09:46 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...
Old 03-09-03, 09:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Will there be a way to unlock those games without the Pro Action Replay?
Old 03-09-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Will there be a way to unlock those games without the Pro Action Replay?
I believe Punchout is on an Animal Crossing card as a prize, but thats just a rumor I've heard. I'm sure at some point Nintendo will release codes for the other games, but I believe in Japan you had to win a contest to get Zelda and Super Mario Bros.

The Pro Action is only $29.99 at Target and for me its worth that to play Zelda and Punchout now. No telling when Nintendo will release the codes for them.
Old 03-09-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
darkside, in order to save on zelda you have to die.

My friend has an action replay and he brought it over so i could unlock all the games. Now im up to 14, any ideas how many are left?
Old 03-09-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by flair
darkside, in order to save on zelda you have to die.

"Don't forget to hold reset while turning the power off to avoid losing saved data" heheh gotta love old school games. they might have taken that part out though since it doesn't apply anymore.

Does using the pro action replay mess mess up your AC save somehow? I put a lot of time into my Animal Crossing quest so i'm sorta worried about that.
Old 03-09-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Outlaw

Does using the pro action replay mess mess up your AC save somehow? I put a lot of time into my Animal Crossing quest so i'm sorta worried about that.
I only did the cheat for the rare games and I haven't had any problems. You take everything out of your inventory and start the game with the cheat activated. Then save and restart the console without any cheats. You can then take the games out of your inventory. It also gives you some of the Nintendo Power exclusive items like the Flag Pole and Green Pipe from Super Mario Bros.

I'm not messing with any of the other cheats like free bells, etc. I put in a lot of time and really don't want to take too many risks.

There are 18 total NES games in Animal Crossing. (Unless something else turns up or I've forgotten something.)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr Math
Clu-Clu Land
Clu-Clu Land D
Excitebike
Golf
Tennis
Soccer
Baseball
Wario's Woods
Balloon Fight
Pinball
Ice Climbers
Punchout
Super Mario Bros
The Legend of Zelda

Last edited by darkside; 03-09-03 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-09-03, 03:13 PM

The original Mario Bros. arcade game is also suppose to be in there also.
Old 03-09-03, 03:31 PM

Zelda and Punchout cannot be linked to GBA but Super Marios Bros can just like all the others.
Old 03-09-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by darkside
I only did the cheat for the rare games and I haven't had any problems. You take everything out of your inventory and start the game with the cheat activated. Then save and restart the console without any cheats. You can then take the games out of your inventory. It also gives you some of the Nintendo Power exclusive items like the Flag Pole and Green Pipe from Super Mario Bros.

ok thanks, it sounds safe enough. I don't even know what an Action Replay is so thats why I was wondering. I'm going to hold off on that for now since i've got a ton of games to play right now, but might try it in the future.

The green pipe rocks . And so does 2 player on Wario's Woods.
Old 03-10-03, 12:50 AM

Anyone know the best way to acquire Excitebike and Tennis? I still haven't goten those along with Donkey Kong Jr. Math and Clu Clu Land D. I've been playing for 8 months and still haven't found or been given these. Even on the island.
Old 03-10-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excitebike, Tennis, and Donkey Kong Jr Math can be found at Nooks Lottery, Reds Tent, or if you are lucky in a floating present. At one time we had a pretty active trading thread where you could get someone to trade with you for those.

Clu Clu Land D is one of the Nintendo exclusive ones they gave away at the animal-crossing.com web site a few months ago.
Old 03-10-03, 12:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Can someone send me Zelda?
Old 03-10-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I belive that it's a rare item and can't be traded, you can't get a code from Nook for it. You could swap memory cards to get it.

Just re-read Darkside's original post Bad news is Nook won't give you codes for the games so trading them to others is tough.

Last edited by Edison; 03-10-03 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-10-03, 11:51 PM

I vividly remember my mother yelling at me "we have to go!", as I said, "but I have to die first!" as my suped up Link with all the hearts and armor would take forever to sacrifice himself.
Old 03-13-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by MrPeanut
I vividly remember my mother yelling at me "we have to go!", as I said, "but I have to die first!" as my suped up Link with all the hearts and armor would take forever to sacrifice himself.

oh the memories...

I remember playing on my cousin's and being scared to death because I FORGOT TO HOLD THE RESET BUTTON! I thought all the work he put into it was gone and held my breath when he booted it up again....luckily it was all there.

I really need to get AC. 18 NES games! I really have to get caught up with all you people who have money and time and can instantly buy and play any game you want