Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Four More R2 Superbit Titles In May

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-03, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment have announced four more Superbit titles for May.

The titles will be;

Gladiator
The Fast And The Furious
Das Boot: Director’s Cut
Shakespeare In Love

We have no confirmation date for these titles as yet, but all will feature high bit rate transfers and both DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks

(Credit: Total DVD Online)
Old 03-01-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In all honesty..it seems strange to me at least...that 'Gladiator' is getting the 'Superbit' treatment.
As this already contains DTS and a decent transfer, how exactly do you feel the 'Superbit' edition will improve on what's already been achieved? (Just a question in all honesty which i'd be interested in and not attempting some kind of 'tone' in my reply)
Old 03-01-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with you. It does seem silly for us here in Region 1.. given both F & F and Gladiator are already in DTS and do have very good transfers. How will they improve it? I guess that remains to be seen.
Old 03-01-03, 11:07 PM

I would rather they put the effort to other titles that need to either be released for the first time, or badly need a redo such as the First Karate Kid movie. And where is Neighbors?
Old 03-02-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is another example of how they will cut extras and market it as a Superbit when really it is just a cut back to a single DVD. It used to be that the Superbits were superior in audio/video quality and I have defended them in the past. But this is a clear example where this labeling will not add any value to the current release.
Old 03-02-03, 02:56 PM

Wow, it's surprising at the number of different studios owning rights in different countries. I see 1 Miramax, 1 Dreamworks, 1 Columbia, and 1 Universal (the US releases).