Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Capcom to develop new GBA Zelda Game

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-03, 12:54 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Capcom to develop new GBA Zelda Game

http://pocket.ign.com/articles/387/387029p1.html

Excellent news!. I hope that they do more than one game that works together, a la the "Oracle" games.
Old 02-24-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CRAP!! Site is blocked..

That's excellent news. The Oracle games were a momument to excellent gaming, and if the graphics are anywhere NEAR the level in Four Swords, we will be in for some serious 2D greatness.
Old 02-24-03, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
February 24, 2003 - In an hour-long interview with Dutch videogame journalists, Nintendo game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma confirmed that a whole new Zelda game for Game Boy Advance is already well underway.
The interview, conducted by Jurjen Tiersma and Niels 't Hooft mainly focused on the different aspects of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for GameCube, which will be launched in Europe on May 3 and the US on March 25, 2003. On a side-note, Miyamoto told that the new GBA adventure would once again be developed by Capcom, under supervision of Nintendo's Japanese EAD team. Capcom also helmed the development on the last two Game Boy Color Zelda titles, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages and the GBA port and enhancement of the SNES hit, A Link to the Past. Development of this as of yet untitled new game started as early as 2001, but was temporary put on hold to secure resources for development of The Four Swords, the multiplayer component of the GBA version of A Link to the Past.

A whole new Zelda on Nintendo's 32-bit handheld means good news for mobile gamers with an urge for truly new content. Not counting the multiplayer-only The Four Swords, the GBA has yet to see its first original installment in Nintendo's flagship Mario and Zelda series. Though not confirmed by Nintendo, the new Zelda GBA game will most likely make its public debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 2003.

Mr. Miyamoto concluded the interview with a promise to Nintendo fans waiting for more title announcements for both GBA and GameCube: "We have many new games for you at E3!"

More quotes and information from the interview will appear in Dutch videogame magazine Power Unlimited and Dutch TV-show Game Kings
Old 02-25-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
This is really good news! I would suspect that it may come out in time for the holiday season...Or maybe sooner?

I was really surprised when Capcom was given the reigns for one of Nintendo's most beloved franchises but they did a pretty good job with the first two. I can't wait to see what they will do with this one.

E3 is too far away!
Old 02-25-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
As long as it's not 3D like Ocarina of Time and it's ilk.

I played the Wind Waker demo at TRU the other day, and while the complaints about the look are garbage (it's gorgous), it's still not really Zelda (IMHO )
Old 02-25-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
I don't think there is anyway that it would be 3D on the GBA
Old 02-25-03, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally posted by tanman
I don't think there is anyway that it would be 3D on the GBA
The Saturn and Playstation were 3D machines, so the processing power is there. Now as for how it would look on that tiny screen,
Old 02-25-03, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah but the GBA doesn't have the processing power of a psx or saturn or capable of showing true 3d.
Old 02-25-03, 07:14 PM
Retired

The GBA is just slightly more powerful than the Super Nintendo. It's not even in the same league as the saturn or PSX.

I kind of hope this doesn't come out until 2004. I'm going to be all zeldaed out. I'm currently playing Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, and need to finish Oracle of Seasons (already finished ages), not to mention Wind Waker in a month.