DVD Talk
Anyone else get those Netflix and Amazon popups...... [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Anyone else get those Netflix and Amazon popups......

Deftones
02-22-03, 06:56 PM
that you can't block with a popup blocker, because if you do it will block the whole site if I block them. I am using Analog POW! to block pop ups. Anyway around this?

Deftones
02-25-03, 08:34 PM
anyone?

elise
02-25-03, 09:48 PM
I get that at BestBuy.com. I use POW, too, and it's impossible to block the Free Shipping popup because it has the same title as the main site. A little annoying but it doesn't happen too often.

jfoobar
02-26-03, 02:51 AM
Do you have any exact links that cause these popups?

I rely on the popup supression mechanisms built into the Opera web browser (which I find to be superior to IE in most ways), and get almost no popups at all from anyone unless I request them (configurable under preferences).

Deftones
02-26-03, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JustinS
Do you have any exact links that cause these popups?

I rely on the popup supression mechanisms built into the Opera web browser (which I find to be superior to IE in most ways), and get almost no popups at all from anyone unless I request them (configurable under preferences).

not on hand, but as soon as I start getting them I'll post the links. Like I said, they are direct links to certain parts of Amazon and Netflix.

Deftones
02-26-03, 10:01 AM
Ok, here is one I got when I visited www.boxofficemojo.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=boxofficemojo-20&path=tg/browse/-/465672 (apparently DVDTalk now puts it's referral ID links like this. Delete the DVDTalk part of the link, and that's what I get)

It's a redirect fromt the site. If I block it, all of amazon gets blocked. Kind of a pain in the ass.