Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HK version of Ed Wood

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

HK version of Ed Wood

Old 02-18-03, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HK version of Ed Wood

A discussion has begun about Ed Wood not being out in region 1 and not knowing when it will be released. It was said that their is a Korean ( for those of us who can't afford both the region 2 version and a multi region player) How is the Korean version?? Does that mean its a region 0?
Old 02-18-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...actually, a Korean DVD would most likely be Region 3 - and NTSC, of course...

. . . . . .
Old 02-18-03, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't the title of this thread a little misleading?
Old 02-18-03, 09:13 PM

Oops..Well thanks Hardtack and Hendrik! This explains a lot. Either way it won't help us region 1 buyers...We'll just have to save up for the multi-region players
Old 02-18-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,188 Likes on 1,493 Posts
The thread title is screwed up, but still, is there a Korean R3 Special Edition of Ed Wood? I'm thinking about getting the R2 one, but would rather have a NTSC one.

OK I just did some research and answered my own question (should have done that first). After checking a few sites and coming up blank, I found one at koreandvds.com for 24.00. The details aren't too specific, but it does seem to have the extras of the R2. Anyone know about the quality of it? And I've never ordered from koreandvds.com before. How is their service?

Last edited by cultshock; 02-18-03 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-19-03, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Unless you have to get NTSC because of a conversion problem I'd reccomend the R2 version. It's more than likely the same content with the same extras, but it is a lot cheaper than $24.

This movie was one of the mitigating factors in my choice to buy a region free player.

Does HK in the thread title stand for High Kwality or Homeland Korea or something?
Old 02-19-03, 12:27 PM

Thanks all...I guess I'll just have to wait until a get a multi-region player ( hopefully before christmas) and pick up the region 2 version. Renaldow HK stands for: "I need I to learn to read other posts better." That's my bad...
Old 02-19-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by renaldow
High Kwality
That's funny on so many levels.

"Remember kids, next time your shopping for DVDs on eBay, make sure to look for the HK, because that means High Kwality!"