Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Farscape.... "Prayer" - 2/21

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-03, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farscape.... "Prayer"

Wow.
Farscape fans who thought the show was going to go out with a wimper, not a bang after David Kemper's polemic on the media in last week's episode "A constellation of Doubt", this is the episode to watch.

It's too good to give out spoilers, but enough to say keep watching, strap yourself in, it's going to rock you !
Old 02-18-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Sure hope you don't give away any spoilers because that episode won't air in the US till Friday.

That said, "Constellation of Doubt" was an awesome episode. Great to see the human reaction -- typical and atypical.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-18-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
"Constellation of Doubt (DK)" - That guy deserves and Emmy
Old 02-21-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wow...Aeryn Sun is hardcore.

D
Old 02-21-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Missed the first episode with Sikozu-Stark. Man, seeing the different characters like that was really bizarre. Pretty cool idea though.

Kinda wonder if they changed any of the dialog to reflect ending the series here -- some phrases seemed to indicate a little more closure. Probably just me though.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-22-03, 04:39 AM
Banned

Wow!!
What a ride it was tonight.
Amazing! Boy am I going to miss this show.
Claudia Black was just incredible. Why is she not a bigger star?
It was painful to watch those graphic scenes of her.
The blood scene with Scorpius and Chriton was very intense too.
Old 02-22-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
Wow!!
What a ride it was tonight.
Amazing! Boy am I going to miss this show.
Claudia Black was just incredible. Why is she not a bigger star?
It was painful to watch those graphic scenes of her.
The blood scene with Scorpius and Chriton was very intense too.
Yeah, I think this is by far the best show on television. I don't see how scifi can justify cancelling the one show they have that is actually great.

tasha
Old 02-22-03, 01:04 PM
Banned

The acting and the special effects in this episode made it a much better experience than the last two Star Wars movies were.
Old 02-22-03, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Dude, Aeryn went total hardcore at the end of the episode. They have to show the PK in her more often (oh wait.....Hammerhead took care of that).

It's winding down the the final four of the season (series) and those are always the biggest and badest, so as much as I can't wait to see them, its also with great sadness that they come.

I can't believe this awesome show I've been watching since day 1 is coming to a premature end.
Old 02-23-03, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by clemente

I can't believe this awesome show I've been watching since day 1 is coming to a premature end.
Not too late to be picked up by some other station yet. Let's hope other channels are watching the ratings and whatnot.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-23-03, 06:25 AM

The end is going to come even quicker for us in the UK.
We've got the next two episodes this coming week, then the final eps the week after.

I'm really torn, I want to see this so badly, but the end is just coming too quickly.
Like the rest of you, every time I watch I think "I can't believe this is ending soon".

BTW do any of you get the Farscape magazine in the US?

Last edited by KayUK; 02-23-03 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-23-03, 09:50 PM
Banned

Have the ratings improved?
Old 02-24-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
Have the ratings improved?
No, not at all. The ratings are virtually identical to how they were before the cancellation. Last week, they were actually pretty nasty:

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/ar...php?newsid=245
Old 02-25-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ratings for "Prayer" are in:

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/ar...php?newsid=248

1.1 at 8PM, 0.6 at 12AM
Old 02-25-03, 09:25 PM

Hi,
a person I talk with online wrote me to say that he heard Showtime was taking a hard look at picking up Farscape is that a) old news or b) does anyone know if there is any truth to it?
Old 02-25-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Nathan Gervais •<HR SIZE=1>Hi,
a person I talk with online wrote me to say that he heard Showtime was taking a hard look at picking up Farscape is that a) old news or b) does anyone know if there is any truth to it?
<HR SIZE=1>

A) Old news
B) Likely still rumor, but things do change

A few months ago, after much badgering, I spoke with the VP of East Cost acquisitions. He was both aware of the situation and interested in more information, but he hinted that the network may be moving in another direction. This was pretty much confirmed when they dropped Odyssey 5 and are giving up on their Sci-Friday line-up. Literally the day I heard the show was cancelled, I started calling Showtime. They were always my primary target, and I focused months of energy on them as I genuinely thought they could benefit from the acquisition much more than other channels and I never felt like I was simply trying to save the show; there was real logic to my arguments. They were surprisingly friendly and understanding, but in the end (at least at the time), Farscape didn't fit into their plans. If this has changed, then I'd be thrilled, as I've been a big supporter of Showtime in the past; but I'd guess what you've heard is closer to wishful thinking based on Showtime's interest in the past than an actual change in their perspective on the issue. You never know, though. I (and others) may have planted the seed early on, and the non-stop fight we've posed could be changing their minds. Unless your friend's an insider, though, I doubt there's more to the story than what I've already said.

das
Old 02-25-03, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth Nathan Gervais •<HR SIZE=1>Hi,
<HR SIZE=1>

A) Old news
B) Likely still rumor, but things do change

A few months ago, after much badgering, I spoke with the VP of East Cost acquisitions. He was both aware of the situation and interested in more information, but he hinted that the network may be moving in another direction. This was pretty much confirmed when they dropped Odyssey 5 and are giving up on their Sci-Friday line-up. Literally the day I heard the show was cancelled, I started calling Showtime. They were always my primary target, and I focused months of energy on them as I genuinely thought they could benefit from the acquisition much more than other channels and I never felt like I was simply trying to save the show; there was real logic to my arguments. They were surprisingly friendly and understanding, but in the end (at least at the time), Farscape didn't fit into their plans. If this has changed, then I'd be thrilled, as I've been a big supporter of Showtime in the past; but I'd guess what you've heard is closer to wishful thinking based on Showtime's interest in the past than an actual change in their perspective on the issue. You never know, though. I (and others) may have planted the seed early on, and the non-stop fight we've posed could be changing their minds. Unless your friend's an insider, though, I doubt there's more to the story than what I've already said.

das
he is in the film industry but not connected to either Showtime or Henson. He knows I'm a fan and I guess he heard it at a party.
Old 02-25-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Nathan Gervais •<HR SIZE=1>he is in the film industry but not connected to either Showtime or Henson. He knows I'm a fan and I guess he heard it at a party. <HR SIZE=1>

Then I'll keep my fingers crossed that he heard it from Jerry Offsay.

das