Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dead Zone - 2/16/03

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-03, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dead Zone - 2/16/03

I finally watched Sunday's episode last night. This is one of the best current shows that "nobody" is watching. I'm going to enjoy watching Johnny try to forstall the coming of the apocalypse with his shaping on the election/non-election of Stilson (what a creep).

I thought McRaney did a good job in his guest spot. The episode played out honorably, even at the expense of Johnny's machinations because the balance of morality seems to also shape Johnny's boundaries in how he uses the "visions" he sees.
Old 02-18-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even when he thinks he's doing the right thing, it doesn't always come out the way he wants. Guess he can't foresee every aspect of the future with his abilities.

Based on the previews, I actually thought he was going to run against Stillson.
Old 02-18-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've really found their footing with this show, and I find myself more and more interested each week. Both the arcing story with Stilson and the stand-alone eps have been very good this season.

das
Old 02-19-03, 01:26 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The quality of this episode didn't seem that great and yet I was really drawn into the moral dilemna. I kept thinking what's he going to do, what would I do, etc.

I really thought they were going to screw this show up and run out of ideas, but this season has definitely been better than last season. The quality still isn't quite up to what I'd like, but this show has impressed me with many of their innovative takes on overdone stories.
Old 02-19-03, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's the beauty of the writing on this show, it seldoms takes the easy way out due to the morality plays within each episode.
Old 02-19-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,706 Likes on 1,060 Posts
Agreed. A highly enjoyable episode, with some interesting possibilities opening up.

I like how they come up with "new" ways for him to use his abilities. If he was just rescuing people every week, it would get a little old. And I like how they have moved away from the Sarah-Johnny stories, more towards what their relationship is like a year after he woke up. They seem to actually be moving forward as characters and that's nice to see.
Old 02-19-03, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
That's the beauty of the writing on this show, it seldoms takes the easy way out due to the morality plays within each episode.
I agree that the writing has improved this season and has made this a very enjoyable show. I'm looking forward Johnnie's continuing conflict with Stilson.