Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 hour 13 2/18/03 (spoilers in tv spots)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-03, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn it fox, they decided during the Married With Children special, to run an advertisment that shows Jack
Spoiler:
with a gun telling a character to put their hands on top of their heads, and then the announcer said something about a twist ending that you will never expect.

I know its a little early, but I wanted to get the word out to people who are gonna watch Joe Millianare tonight to watch out for 24 ads.
Old 02-17-03, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Ry- I've been avoiding the 24 commercials, and I know my wife is planning on watching Joe Millionaire tonight-
Thanks for the head's up!
Kramdenfan
Old 02-17-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

they also showed that
Spoiler:
Stanton confesses about the bomb after more torture from Palmer as well

also, can the canadian (I hope), that posts here telling us all what happened not do that this time so that we can all have predictions.
Also, once the show airs in the east, NO SPOILER TAGS UNLESS THEY ARE FOR NEX WEEKS EPISODES, since some of us want to discuss but don't want to know what happens next week.
btw
Spoiler:
I think Jack will arrest Sherry Palmer or maybe Kate was involved the entire time.
Old 02-18-03, 12:04 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
btw
Spoiler:
I think Jack will arrest Sherry Palmer or maybe Kate was involved the entire time.
Spoiler:
I read Sara Wynter is in negotiations for next year so I doubt Kate will be involved since it would be to much like Nina
Old 02-18-03, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's a recap for tonight's Hour 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The most compelling hour on TV lived up to its billing last hour.

"It's Tuesday, Kim is in trouble," actually in the woods with Kevin Dillon on the outskirts of town after rescuing her from a lion trap.

Okay, so they got Ali to break down after staging a brutal "eye for an eye" shakedown.

Stanton is still loving the shock paddle treatment.

Lynn is even more wary of Sherry.

Jack and Kate are on the way to the airfields to talk some sense into Marie and defuse the bomb.

Palmer might be putting the puzzle pieces together.

Bob is still stuck in CTU, now knowing Marie has been exposed as a sleeper agent. Where he fits, we still don't know (but Marie probably used Bob's business for the bomb parts smuggling).

Tony is still looking for Kim, poor guy. Michelle is appearing not totally virtuous, but it could be a red herring.

Mason has one lung left to cough up for the final stretch run.
Old 02-18-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty good episode.
Spoiler:
Stanton tells the President that a U.S. military group called Snake is supposed to disarm the bomb and never let it go off and that he has known about the nuke for months. When Jack gets to the scene the whole Snake group except one person that is missing is dead. They stop the guy in the plane with the nuke, but when the nuke disarmers get their they find out it is a fake and just a decoy. That guy in the woods lies to Kim and says the bomb has gone off and that they need to go into his bomb shelter under his house. Awesome shot of Kim without a bra on in just a tank top though These were really the only two storylines in this episode.

Last edited by Blaster1; 02-18-03 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-18-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

btw Patman
Spoiler:
I wanna know, what is the big shocking ending for this week
Old 02-18-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The shocking ending is
Spoiler:
that the bomb at the airport really is a decoy
like I said above.
Old 02-18-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok - this is driving me batty.

Can someone refresh my memory as to where Nina has gone to?

It just occurred to me last week that we hadn't seen her for awhile. What happened to her after the shooting?
Old 02-18-03, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

YAWN!!

What a crappy episode, it was the most boring in a long time.

Btw, I , as the canadian, did not post anything.
Old 02-18-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
episode just wasn't gripping... it's one of the few episodes of 24 that felt like regular TV....bleh.

Best use for Kim so far has been her in the white top in this ep.
Old 02-18-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Feneant, go ahead and post whatever you want, whenever you want. Just spoiler it, like you have done in the past. It is not your fault if others can't resist reading it.

The star of this particular episode was Kim's nipples. That was the most obvious out of place cheesecake shot that I have seen in a network show in quite a while. Not that I am complaining. I expect to see some topless work in her future movie career.

I was confused about the twist ending as well, since it happened with about 10 minutes left in the hour. I thought that they might have been alluding to the Sherry connection, but we have known that all along.

I am guessing that the bomb was inside the truck that Marie walked away from in the shot just before the cops showed up. She didn't seem to physically have the bomb when she took off from the hangar, so I guess that whoever driving the truck has it, and is most likely the 7th member of the covert team.
Old 02-18-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
The star of this particular episode was Kim's nipples.

My feelings exactly..........
Old 02-18-03, 10:12 PM

I would not want to be Sayed Ali when Jack gets back there.

It's probably asking too much that Kim stays down in the bomb shelter the rest of the day. Every show starts with 30 seconds of her walking around in that tank top, listening to radio static, and she's gone til next week

Obviously this wasn't the best episode of the season, but I wasn't as disappointed with it as some of you obviously were. Here's hoping Ms Parmer gets a taste of the defibulator next week..
Old 02-18-03, 11:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Kim in that shirt shirt I was willing to retract all my calls for her death until the end.
Spoiler:
God I hope this doesn't turn into a lame he's a serial killer in the woods story. If it is I hope he kills her though I know the writers won't do it.

I figured the bomb was in the van that was pulling away and not in the plane.

I hope our special forces guys are better then the ones in this show. Jack basically took out one unit by himself, now this mystery guy takes out some more.
Old 02-18-03, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone get that one camera and post it (the famous "nipple" shot) I actually enjoyed the episode.
Old 02-18-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not again fox. enough with the spoilers in the prieview.
Spoiler:
we see Marrie hold a gun up to Kate and then cut to blank and here a trigger shot.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 02-19-03 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-18-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll buck the trend and say that I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season. Nothing forced or stupid happened. Was it "shocking" that the bomb was a decoy? Nope. Pretty obvious and expected. But that's fine with me. In all their attempts to "shock" us each week, events make little sense, characters act stupidly, and it becomes impossible to take the show seriously on any level. Tonight's episode seemed much more reasonable to me. The tension level was pretty high, the story moved along, and events flowed pretty well. I'd rather see a good 24-hour story being told than contrived shock value on the hourly mark.

das
Old 02-18-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree Das. I like 24 but most of the episodes I haven't liked this year. I really liked this one. Tension was up, and I liked how the pace of the show seemed frantic. To me, too many of the episodes in the past seemed to take their time and actually hold back (in my opinion, as if the show was purposely holding back aspects of it to stretch it to 24 episodes.) I was always thinking, "there's a nuke in the city, where's the intensity?" Today had it. Even the Kim storyline was fairly interesting and believable.
Old 02-19-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked it... certainly not the best episode, and no real holy-**** moment, but all the story lines moved along and developed without any out of the blue twists to take you out of it. Even the Kim story line had one great moment

Now, unless we can get back to those first moments in the tank top, I still point you to my signature!!'

I happened upon these on another board... I'm sure better ones are out there, but for starters:

Last edited by JonTurner; 02-19-03 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-19-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tip for everyone: If you are in the woods, and meet a man with a shotgun, AND decide to accompany him to his remote cabin, DON'T follow him into the basement because he has something he wants to show you as long as you "don't tell anybody". Sheesh, I tell you, sheesh!

Echoing the Kim in the tank top shot -

Honk!
Old 02-19-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by JonTurner
I liked it... certainly not the best episode, and no real holy-**** moment, but all the story lines moved along and developed without any out of the blue twists to take you out of it. Even the Kim story line had one great moment

Now, unless we can get back to those first moments in the tank top, I still point you to my signature!!'

I happened upon these on another board... I'm sure better ones are out there, but for starters:

get photo shop and brighten those, and also, there was a real good closeup as well and then the camera moved up.
Old 02-19-03, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"It's the Apocalypse! Take off your clothes and let's Get Busy!!!"

Jay tried that in Dogma, as I recall.

Jack's story/Olmeda, George and co. at CTU headquarters and Palmer's intrigue filled office. ONLY. Pleasepleaseplease... I'm begging you.

I knew when I saw the words "Written by Maurice Hurley" at the start of the episode that I was in for an hour similar to Stanton's last couple.
Old 02-19-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So let me take a guess at who the 7th member of the Coral Snake team could be:

Choice 1: the guy with Kim right now (can't remember his name) - he seems to almost have knowledge of the bomb, he happens to be living over a bomb shelter right now, and he has a lot of weapons sitting around... could be a sign of covert ops

Choice 2: Marie Warner - seems a bit less likely to me, since she'd be playing both sides, seemingly without a motive for either one... and call me picky, but I think someone in her family would have noticed if Marie had gone off to paramilitary training, as well as a snake tattoo on her wrist (though she could be missing this)

Choice 3: It's Kim! Kim!!! She's actually not completely stupid. In fact, she is secretly planning her genius to destroy the Corals, find the bomb, use it against Iraq, have a final showdown with Marie (can anyone say mudpit?) and ascend to the presidency as the leader of America! All hail Queen Kim!!!
Old 02-19-03, 02:07 AM

Actung:

laughing my ass off here

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.