Old 02-14-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XBox bundle sale starting 2/16 @ Toys R Us

XBox Bundle (with JSRF & Sega GT)
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing

$ 246.00

If you're still on the fence about Xbox or are just waiting for a good deal, this seems like a good one.
Old 02-14-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gah. :-/
Old 02-14-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
It's an OK deal. Essentially you're buying Splinter Cell at full price and getting Project Gotham Racing for free. You can probably find PGR for around $15 to 20 in stores.

PAL
Old 02-14-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This seems like a dumb idea to me. Why bundle two racing games? I think they should have went with a different genre game. SSX tricky, Amped, Bloodwake, Buffy, Max Payne all have been marked down and would round out the package much better IMO.
Old 02-14-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mircosoft XBOX bundle is Trash......compare to Nintendo GC bundle.....If Microsoft Bundle w/ Halo & Max Payne is going help the sell .... But I don't think Microsoft giving Free Halo Away
Old 02-14-03, 03:18 PM
Mod Emeritus

I heard Target is have the sale where you get Xbox bundle for 25 dollars with special printed out coupon. Feb 22, you go there and see. Anyone else hear this out?
Old 02-14-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Mircosoft XBOX bundle is Trash......compare to Nintendo GC bundle.....If Microsoft Bundle w/ Halo & Max Payne is going help the sell .... But I don't think Microsoft giving Free Halo Away
Have you actually played either of the games in the XBox bundle?
Old 02-14-03, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trash?

Jet Set Radio Future is one of the best games on the ANY system.. and if it ain't for you Sega GT is pretty fine as well. Project Gotham is the BEST racing game ever (unless you want a full-out sim.. GT3). I'm also sure many people will agree that Splinter Cell is better than Max Payne, though neither game is my style. You must be smoking some powerful stuff man.
Old 02-14-03, 04:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Is there a way to set your preferences to totally ignore posts by certain posters?
Old 02-14-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by Trevor
Is there a way to set your preferences to totally ignore posts by certain posters?
Well they do have a "BAN" button, but that only seems to work for mods.....
Old 02-14-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The full beauty of the ignore list is revealed in the "User CP" at the top of the page.
Old 02-14-03, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So true. Why must they hold on so tightly to Halo. There's no reason that it's not $19.99 by now.......
Old 02-14-03, 07:04 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
You're kidding, right? It still sells like crazy at 49.99. Why in the world would they lower it?!

Originally posted by JaxComet
So true. Why must they hold on so tightly to Halo. There's no reason that it's not $19.99 by now.......
Old 02-14-03, 07:15 PM
Retired

Just go to your user cp and you'll find the option.

To throw in my two cents, the X-box bundle doens't appeal to me at all. I'm not about to call it "trash" because doing so serves no purpose other than to start a flame war.

I hate the Jet Grind Radio games. Just not my cup of tea. Sega GT doesn't interest me either. I'm a pretty casual racing fan, and Gran Turismo 3 is the only racing sim I need this generation. As for this deal, PGR doesn't interest me because I don't like those arcadey type racers.

As for Halo, I see why they don't drop the price as it still sells at $50. However, if MS wants to gaing marketshare at whatever cost like they've said, it would be benficial to drop it to $20.

If they dropped the X-box to $149 and Halo to $20 I'd be tempted to get one.
Old 02-14-03, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
The full beauty of the ignore list is revealed in the "User CP" at the top of the page.
You rock... mine is now updated.

If they dropped the X-box to $149 and Halo to $20 I'd be tempted to get one.
me too... I'd be on that in a second... Hopefully at E3 we'll see that happen.

Last edited by sniper308; 02-14-03 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Microsoft is too smart to drop Halo to $20, it's all about business and profit and Halo's still drawing it.
Old 02-14-03, 10:57 PM

I don't find this package very appealing either.

I bought the original JSR, SegaGT, and Metropolis Street Racer on Dreamcast a few years ago. I wasn't interested in getting the two Sega sequels for free, and since the bundle now includes three 'sequels', I don't see much improvement.

I wouldn't expect Halo to be part of a bundle, but couldn't they at least bundle some unique titles? Bloodwake, Buffy, and Blinx would be more interesting... or, follow Nintendo's lead and let the buyer choose one or two top-tier games.
Old 02-14-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by edytwinky
Microsoft is too smart to drop Halo to $20, it's all about business and profit and Halo's still drawing it.
That's totally against Microsoft's whole strategy this generation though. Lose big money to gain market share.

Anyway, its a decent deal. I hated Project Gotham Racing, but its a free game so who am I to complain. I agree giving Halo away free would be nice, but its the one AAA first party game Microsoft has and its a sure seller until Halo 2 comes out.

The Platinum series does look pretty sad though. Until Halo joins the Platinum ranks the whole Platinum idea doesnt work for me.
Old 02-15-03, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The bundle also includes an extra controller.

An Xbox plus 2 controllers and 4 good games for 250 IS a good deal.

Yep, Its arguably the best game on any current console and is still one of their best sellers. Including it in a bundle or dropping its price wouldnt make much sense from a business standpoint
Old 02-15-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're kidding, right? It still sells like crazy at 49.99. Why in the world would they lower it?!

The stores are full of copies.....
Old 02-15-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Gallant Pig,

What's up with your SN..."New Member"?

Anyway, to stay on topic:

I don't think this bundle will be a significant factor in selling more Xbox consoles and not just because of the games bundled but also because this seems to be an exclusive offer found only at Toys R Us. They need to market this bundle everywhere.

I guess this offer is intended to push those on the fence who were planning on buying Splinter Cell and an
XBOX since they now get another free game (Project Gotham Racing) in addition to the two already being packed-in.
Old 02-15-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JaxComet
The stores are full of copies.....
Sell more, make more.
Old 02-15-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Thrush
The bundle also includes an extra controller.

An Xbox plus 2 controllers and 4 good games for 250 IS a good deal.
Exactly - it's an excellent deal... I see all these petty complaints as nothing more than
Old 02-15-03, 02:52 PM
Retired

I never said it wasn't a good deal in general. It is a good deal money wise, it just doens't appeal to me because it's pretty useless if you don't want any of the games.

I think that's all anyone was saying, hardly a .

Same thing with Nintendo's bundle. Not everyone's going to want Mario Sunshine, and those people have a right to say the bundle sucks or doesn't interest them because a bundle is useless if you don't want the game(s). included.

At least with the Nintendo bundle it's a big game (plus big games for the 4 to pick the free one from) so someone could easily trade it for a game they wanted in the trade forum.

It's a little tougher to pawn of niche market games like the sega sequels and a $19.99 racing game.
Old 02-15-03, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Exactly - it's an excellent deal... I see all these petty complaints as nothing more than
Actually, I see the games offered in the bundle as with the exception of Splinter Cell.

However, its a great deal for the money if you like the games included. You could also sell them off and buy a game you want. I doubt you could get much for PGR or the JSR/Sega GT discs though. I just wish MS and even Sony would try a promotion like the Cube one at some point where you can pick your own free game. An Xbox for $199 with a free copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta would be a very tempting offer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.