The Shield -- 2/11/03

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield -- 2/11/03

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield -- 2/11/03

Ok, I'm not big on legalese but why in the world couldn't they bring up the one cop on obstruction. I mean, he clearly knew about the whole thing and they knew that he knew. What was the problem? Was it just because he was a cop?

The bit with Aceveda and the bike was just great. You knew that was going to happen. Talk about acting like a jerk. Good thing he's not on the streets every day.

great episode overall. Looks like several plots will be slowly coming to a head -- Dutch vs. Linette, Whatshername and the Arab woman, Julian's wedding, etc. The preview for the next episode looks a little "full" to say the least. Then again, they've managed ones like that before so who knows.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-11-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish Dutch would've let Mackey tear into his ass, what a complete scumbag.

How did that guy kill 6 women with no gun and with all those kids there?

Plus I liked how the Mexican guy (I think) was acting all badass until Vic told him that the team has been green lit
Old 02-11-03, 11:49 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was good. I've never cared for Connie so it's not a big loss to me she's dead.

I might be in the minority here but I kind of like the idea of Danny joining the strike team. She seems like a strong enough character to do it and would love to borrow some of Vics techniques on the Arab woman.

The Acevada thing with the bike was hilarious. You knew right from the start it was the wrong bike.

I wouldn't be surprised if that cop that was helping the killer shows up again at somepoint later in the season and gets his well deserved Mackey beat down
Old 02-12-03, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by MrX

I wouldn't be surprised if that cop that was helping the killer shows up again at somepoint later in the season and gets his well deserved Mackey beat down
I'm looking forward to that! I hope he gets what he deserves
Old 02-12-03, 12:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Wow. Another great episode.

I will say that I am getting tired of the "Danny Harassed by Arab Woman" subplot. I don't know what it is, it's just not as compelling as the other running stories.
Old 02-12-03, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You just know if Danny joins the team...it's Shane's ass. He's going to get cut down all day, every day. Those other guys will never get any work done because they'll be too busy laughing at Shane getting his head handed to him verbally by her again and again.
Old 02-12-03, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Wow. Another great episode.

I will say that I am getting tired of the "Danny Harassed by Arab Woman" subplot. I don't know what it is, it's just not as compelling as the other running stories.
I am tiring of this also.......I guess the next thing will be Danny finding Osama Bin Laden inside her car rigging up a car bomb.
Old 02-12-03, 06:49 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

great epsiode, the arab part is annoying and I thought from the beginning of the epsidoe that acevada was going to join the strike team, and then mackey made a joke about it. the part with the bike was predictable but that is funny that he went out and bought another bike for the kid.
Spoiler:
in next week preview it looks like vic is making out with either the woman who is running the shelter or the woman who is working inside the police force for public relations.
Old 02-12-03, 07:50 AM

Ronnie the IT wizard! Who would've ever thought of it.. even though everything he said made no sense, I was sure as heck surprised The last two episodes have fleshed out his character more than the previous 16.

I actually was beginning to like Connie, in hooker days she was annoying, but cleaned up she wasn't that bad.

I can't see Danny joining the strike team though.. especially after this latest incident. Also, they said they need a minority for the team, so she wouldn't qualify.

Man, watching this and 24 has made Tuesday one intense night.
Old 02-12-03, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by TK-421
Ronnie the IT wizard! Who would've ever thought of it.. even though everything he said made no sense, I was sure as heck surprised The last two episodes have fleshed out his character more than the previous 16.
The fact that Ronnie is suddenly getting lines reinforces the theory posed by another member in another thread that Ronnie gets killed this season (presumably by Armadillo). He is the only member of the strike team who is not a regular.
Old 02-12-03, 08:36 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Police Information Systems

"PIS"

Old 02-12-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last night's episode was great. I never liked Connie, so I was glad when the guy killed her. I know that sounds bad, but it's only a TV show. She was still annoying this season always bugging Vic for more money, IMO. Anyway, I agree that the Arab thing is kind of boring. They should finish that up. The whole bike thing was funny. Saw it coming too.

I felt kind of sorry for the "PIS" guy. I'm a tech support guy, and I hate how people think I should know everything about anything computer related. I can fix plenty of problems, but I'm not all-knowing. Especially when they start trying to explain some computer problem their friend's, daughter's, boyfriend's computer is having. It was funny listening to Ronnie talk though. Whenever TV shows start trying to sound all technical, they never make any sense and just start using catch-phrases and trendy computer terms. I love it.
Old 02-12-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
damn that Gulia
he was a punk in the 80s with his Delorian, treating women like crap, and now this
Old 02-12-03, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by mikehunt
damn that Gulia
he was a punk in the 80s with his Delorian, treating women like crap, and now this
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 02-12-03, 11:15 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Groucho
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
He's talking about the guy who played the fireman. That's the last name of his character in the Wedding Singer.

One other thing I noticed was just how uneasy Mackey has gotten. The scene where he's talking to the pimp and the car with the mexicans drive by and he tenses up shows it. I think this is the first time we've seen him scared for his own personal safety. The whole thing with
Spoiler:
Gilroy
last season he was worried about his familys safetyand not really himself.
Old 02-12-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I was afraid of that
I also could have made an ER joke, as he was on ER for a while, but I don't remember much of his character from that
Old 02-12-03, 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by TK-421

I can't see Danny joining the strike team though.. especially after this latest incident. Also, they said they need a minority for the team, so she wouldn't qualify.
Just to clarify, women are a minority, so on that respect, she would qualify. She won't be put on the Strike Team because Mackey was shagging her and he mentioned that there was a sence of "brotherhood" that had to be filled.
Old 02-12-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

but the captain specifically said the image of whites shaking down blacks and hispanics was what looked bad. women might be a minority on the police force, but she's still white

Last edited by mikehunt; 02-13-03 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-12-03, 10:03 PM
Banned

but the captain specifically said the image of whites shaking down blacks and hispanics was what looked bad. women might be a minority on the polive force, but she's still white
Women are a minority period (white males being the only majority), but yes he did mention that which would be another reason why she would not be accepted.
Old 02-13-03, 12:27 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was afraid of that
I also could have made an ER joke, as he was on ER for a while, but I don't remember much of his character from that
IIRC, he was Abby's ex-husband on ER.

Enjoyed his performance more from The Wedding Singer, as that's what I was thinking when I first saw him come into the room with Connie.

Another good episode, I love this series.

-BT
Old 02-13-03, 03:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by BT
IIRC, he was Abby's ex-husband on ER.
I don't think so. I remember he was a surgeon but I don't think he was married to Abby.
Old 02-13-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
I don't think so. I remember he was a surgeon but I don't think he was married to Abby.
Yes, he was Dr. Edson, a surgeon on "ER". Rather obnoxious, and he and Carter slugged it out on one occasion.

Abby's ex was played by Mark Valley.

Honk!
Old 02-13-03, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by joshd2012
Women are a minority period (white males being the only majority), but yes he did mention that which would be another reason why she would not be accepted.
Why don't you run that opinion up the old "Other" flag pole and see who salutes!
Old 02-14-03, 12:20 AM
Banned

i see the future...over there, behind reid...(nevermind...)

that bit is rather julian, i suppose...and a bit defamatory in the sense that grassroots (or sand?) terror tactics are the measures taken by the arab woman against danny...so are the writers guilty of profiling? nah, man...aren't any real role models on the show, pretty much everyone is to blame or at the very least horrifically stupid...and its topical, and about the only show protraying such tensions between the arab american or otherwise community in any kind of humanist light...everyone else has these f***off military types who'd "rather die than tell about the next attack!" and such cnn nonsense...

but, as a fan and not a verbose pigf***er who reads waaayyyyy too much into every entertainment of quality or depth..
the story's garbage...dull razors...kill it.

and hey...i liked connie, in that sleazy "well...if I were vic..." kinda way...but does vicky really need to lose anyone else? i mean...sheeahhht...look at the s1 dvd xtra with his closing effigy as shot...one continuous howling bay of a man undone by himself at the end of a trying life...if vic lives through this show...they oughta givim a gahwd dayum medal!

ahm earl pitts, uh-mehre-khun! (holy ****! my body just channeled some...some....er....bad radio.... ::sighs:

anyhoo...

the show...
do i type too much?
digest slowly, friends...the sauce is rich and thicke....(or to cockneys, alan)

hey GYHM...i gotta broad downstairs from me...she's got the same light, man...just spent like 3 hrs trying to clean her up after her kids bf took the cmos battery out...donkeyrapist that he is, rapacious rapscalian!!! anyway...she thinks i'm all no-ink-on-my-van husen-boi, and fer christ, if only i had morals....

but i do need to stop this digression...

the guy who has the most problems this whole season, and as a man who sees these things...knows best is...MACKIE...duh, sheeaht...whaddmah? some swami? nobody's is chucked and bucked (not even julian) like he is, and when everyone you know or trust or just plain gaddeam neeeeed goes AWAY! (is my eyeball popping like the teacher from daria, or fah-kiing what?)

you slip. you fall. you vic out and wither and die.
un-naturally.
like you do it to yourself...
think "twin peaks"
anyone's game on this gameshow...
should i get a journalism degree? seems i could make more with that than at a drill press...

ciao...
the new guy.