Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 2/11/03 "Prodigal"

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville 2/11/03 "Prodigal"

Pretty good episode. It was finally an episode without kryptonite.
Spoiler:
Lex goes and finds his brother Lucas because he owns 10% of Lexcorp and Lex wants the company back from Lionel. Lucas sides with Lionel and Lex gets kicked out of the mansion and he goes to live with Clark, which starts a feud between Lex and Lucas. At the end Lucas and Lex work together when Lionel tries to get Lucas killed and Lionel is gone. We also find out that Lionel really isn't blind
Old 02-11-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
How did you see this already? Are you picking it up off of a live feed?
Old 02-11-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ya, or maybe he works for WB!!!
Old 02-11-03, 09:18 PM

Pretty good episode. Except that I still hate Clark.
Spoiler:

Keeping job at Talon with Lana > Saving Luthors
Old 02-11-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Spoiler:
Mr Kent's treatment of Lex
Lionel being able to see: not really a surprise, the only surprise was that they decided to make it official, th eregulars to these threads have suspected it for a while
Old 02-11-03, 09:53 PM

great episode, pretty entertaining, not sure why i watch this though and tape 24.
Old 02-11-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Yeah we finally found out the obvious tonight.
Spoiler:
Lionel's not blind.
I am really getting tired of my name becoming popular on tv. Its weird hearing it all the time. I don't think this was a great episode. It dragged along by my stands. We haven't had a FOTW in awhile. Powers weren't used much today either. Blaster if you watched this early tell us how we can watch it early too.
Old 02-11-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
but doesnt this mean luther knows about clark? except he claimed the powers came back only a couple weeks ago. but he implied he knows thru his comments
Old 02-11-03, 10:20 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I thought this was a great episode.

The story finally progressed. The majority of the episodes this season seem to spin their wheels going nowhere. This episode and Insurgence brought about revelations that progressed the show.

My guess is we go back to spinning wheels next week and the Christopher Reeve episode 2 weeks from now will be big.

I do have a couple questions.

Spoiler:
Does Clark suspect Lionel regained vision much sooner as opposed to right after the shooting?

2. Did this episode take place the day after Rush? That rose had not wilted. If so, Lana seemed very forgiving after she pretty much told Clark to go screw himself.
Old 02-11-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Liked it. I wonder what Lionel will do/has been planning regarding everything he "hasn't seen" upto this point. I'm surprised there haven't been any teasers yet regarding the upcoming "super" episode.
Old 02-12-03, 12:15 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by Mantecore
great episode, pretty entertaining, not sure why i watch this though and tape 24.
it's better to tape 24; fast forwarding commercials between really tense break points is great. (just make sure not to fubar the tape or the taping process )

--HN
Old 02-12-03, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok, I'll post it here, seeing as noone will answer my post *sniff sniff*

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't understand what Lex and Lucas were trying to prove with their dad at the end with the guns? Was he trying to prove that he does love Lex, or that Lucas doesn't have power over him? or what?
Old 02-12-03, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Lex and Luthor pony show was to scare the living crap out of Lionel, and to show him that the boys are calling the shots.

Lucas Luther is back in town and secrets come flowing out!

I enjoyed this episode. It was great to see Lex doing some farm chores, gaining some humility.

When Lucas threw that cue ball (or pool ball) at Lionel's head, I actually ducked in my own living room. Talk about unexpected even if they just hinted that Lionel could now see, I didn't expect the radical way for Lucas to prove it. Cool.

Exactly why did Clark need to find work at the Talon? That seems to come out of the blue (unless you are to think he's trying to save up for college). Clark and Lana are starting to tread water. Chloe was mischievious in spots, I do like the character of Chloe.

You just knew that Clark was going to let Lucas get the best of him mentally in the pick-up game at the Kents farm. But it was fun to see Clark gorilla dunk on him.

I'm still having a hard time imagining Lex in plaid.

Last edited by Patman; 02-12-03 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-12-03, 03:19 PM

i think the guns were a trap to prove to lucas that lionel wasn't looking out for his best interest, but instead he was looking out for himself.
Old 02-12-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But if Clark didn't heat up the gun, Lucas would never have dropped it, and Lionel would not have used the gun he was holding at Lex's neck, nor have the chance to shoot at Lucas cleanly. How do you plan for that contingency to happen?
Old 02-12-03, 03:49 PM

OK. So Lionel is supposidly not Blind. Alright I suppose I can believe that and even figured he wouldnt be.

But what the in hell does a blind man wear a watch for? He was talkin to Lucas on the phone just after Clark came in. Lionel was acting all blind around Clark, but when he was on the phone, he checked his watch. What the heck is up with that?
Old 02-12-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Originally posted by Stu 17
OK. So Lionel is supposidly not Blind. Alright I suppose I can believe that and even figured he wouldnt be.

But what the in hell does a blind man wear a watch for? He was talkin to Lucas on the phone just after Clark came in. Lionel was acting all blind around Clark, but when he was on the phone, he checked his watch. What the heck is up with that?
Well, I've been saying to my wife that he can see for months now. Glad to see I was vidicated

I assume the watch was some sort of Braille device. I don't know much about that kind of thing but blind people need to know what time it is too, right?
Old 02-12-03, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lionel's rich enough to have a watch that says the time if he pressed a button on it.

Going back to what the brothers' plan was to set up Lionel:

The problem is that the brothers could not have foreseen Clark heating up Lucas's gun, making him drop it, and then Lionel uses the gun that was pointed at Lex to shoot Lucas. That part doesn't really make much sense. Maybe the brothers planned for Lex to trip Lucas, thus giving Lionel the opportunity to show his true colors by shooting at Lucas, which would then prove Lex's point about Lionel not having Lucas's back. Clark just provided the brothers an easier way to get Lionel to shoot at Lucas with the gun loaded with blanks.
Old 02-12-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I thought this ep was pretty good. I am surprised Clark used his powers so obviously in the game of basketball. Kind of stupid. The elbowing was kind of funny though.

My favorite part of the episode was the Jonathan Kent was nice to Lex and actually complemented him. He didn't say one rude thing to him. I think we better write that down because I don't see that happening again.

Will Clark ever upon up to Lana? He could open up to her and Chloe, then Pete, Chloe and Lana could be like the "Super-friends". Just kidding, but that relationship has to progress a little further one of these days. They keep teasing us w/ it, then drawing it back.
Old 02-18-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm wondering if maybe I don't like this show, when I watch what I think is a really terrible episode and I come on here and all the posts are like "great episode."

I thought the story was just bad, The whole think with Lucas and Lex and the guns didn't make sense. And when exactly did they hatch their little ploy? Lex made it sound to Clark like him and his brother still didn't trust each other?

And what was up with Clark acting all pissed off to Lucas and using his powers? That's not like Clark to blow his cool like that.

I was just incredibly bored and restless during this episode and found it had no pay-off for me.