TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Osbournes 2nd Season Finale 2/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
The Osbournes 2nd Season Finale 2/11

Last one for a while

Not as good as the first season now that the kids are minor celebs, but still better than anything else on at that time.
Old 02-11-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure it's the season finale? I went to MTV.com and it doesn't say that anywhere.
Old 02-11-03, 04:37 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Already? That's a shock although the previews look hilarious
Old 02-11-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, I'm sure
http://www.suntimes.com/output/rosen...tr-phil11.html

It's why there's an Osbournes marathon of the entire season is on right now, leading up to the final episode (with a break for tonight's Real World).
Old 02-12-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ABSOLUTELY the best episode this season. If the rest of the season had been more like this (focus on Ozzy and not the kids' semi-celeb status) season 2 would not have been seen as a disappointment.
Old 03-04-03, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have i missed something? are they doing another season afterall???? i keep hearing about cameras that are still following them, i didn't realize their vow ceremony was the finale.....what's going on???

Last edited by hgar78; 03-04-03 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-04-03, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yet the Real World: Las Vegas Season just keeps going on & on....

It's already coming out on DVD but the show won't end.
Old 03-04-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by hgar78
have i missed something? are they doing another season afterall???? i keep hearing about cameras that are still following them, i didn't realize their vow ceremony was the finale.....what's going on???
The 3rd (final) season is being taped now and will air in the 2nd half of 2003 (probably Fall)
Old 03-05-03, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe reality tv will stop or at least cool down for a while when this series is over.
Old 03-05-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Already? Did I miss a bunch of episodes? I only caught about 6 episodes this season...
Old 03-05-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How many episodes are in the whole season? I only saw like 3 episodes, and they didn't seem nearly as funny as the first season.

I'll still probably buy it on dvd though.
Old 03-05-03, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There were 10 in season 2:

Episode 1: What Goes Up...
Oh, how the times have changed. The pets are running wild, Lola is throwing up, and Ozzy is taking target practice with butter knives. A deeper look at the episode reveals that indeed things have changed a bit around the Osbourne household.
Kelly is well on her way to becoming a pop diva with "Papa Don't Preach" saturating the airwaves, Ozzy and Sharon are in the thick of the limelight as they are invited to a presidential reception at the White House, and Jack, well, he is holding down the fort by giving unwanted visitors a small shower. After her performance at the MTV movie awards, Kelly and Jack playfully argue on the ride home, as Jack rediscovers the joys of the 'McRib.' How could life get any better?

Episode 2: ...Must Come Down.
After experiencing a string of amazing events, things have come crashing down for the Osbourne family.
Disaster strikes as Sharon is diagnosed with colon cancer. Ozzy tries to remain sober on the road with the help of his spiritually enlightened AA sponsor. Kelly is in New York working on her album, and Jack vies for attention by breaking his arm while jumping off a Malibu pier.
The episode concludes with the family in their Malibu home (except for Kelly) playing with fires, birds and one another. Will they survive? Of course they will.

Episode 3: The Ozz Man and The Sea
Kelly takes off for her European singing tour. Jack makes his acting debut on "Dawson's Creek" and Ozzy battles the elements trying to build a fire for Sharon on the beach at Malibu.
Ozzy's fire-building exploits include: a trip to the supermarket to shop for firewood and a visit to the Malibu Fire station to inquire about a permit.
Ozzy, not exactly known as the rugged, outdoorsman type, caps it off with a comical attempt at deep-sea fishing.

Episode 4: The Beauty and The Bert.
Love rears its ugly head in the Osbourne household, as Kelly reluctantly brings home her first boyfriend, Bert.
Ozzy, like most dads, is completely oblivious, while Jack spends the days gossiping about her new beau and his showering habits, or lack there of.
Sharon is beside herself with motherly concern over this smelly rocker. Clearly jealous that he has Kelly's attention, Sharon does her best to thwart the romance. Kelly, as you could guess is not pleased.

Episode 5: Smells Like Teen Spirits
Jack and Kelly are getting a little too wild with their partying lifestyle. Sharon and her father, Don, are reunited after twenty years of not speaking to each other. Ozzy, on a burrito eating binge, finds out that he's a grandfather and eats more burritos.

Episode 6: Meow Means No!
Kelly's friend Sara is fired from her band. Gus the cat and Arthur the dog are caught in an uncompromising position. And Jack's lovable, freeloading friend, Jason Dill, returns to pay the family a visit!

Episode 7: It's a Hard Knock Life
Kelly is starting to feel the pressure of being a Pop Diva, as she throws a flurry of temper tantrums regarding her ever-busy work schedule. Meanwhile, Sharon is convinced that Kelly should marry P. Diddy, who bought Kelly an expensive watch after one of his bodyguards knocked her over at a backstage party.
Jack works through some problems with one of the bands that he manages. Kelly plays her new single for Ozzy, who is very proud of her.

Episode 8: Cleanliness is Next to Ozzyness
Ozzy, is obsessed with keeping all house pets and germs away from Sharon and he makes everyone in the house get a flu shot. Jack bonds with Robert, the newest member of the Osbourne family and shows him an important family tradition--how to make beans on toast. Ozzy finds out that he won't be able to have sex with Sharon for 9 months...

Episode 9: Viva Ozz-Vegas
The family packs up the jet plane and heads to Vegas, where Ozzy performs a concert and Kelly celebrates her 18th Birthday. Too young to legally drink or gamble, Jack ends up stuck in his hotel room watching TV with his buddies. Kelly and her friend, Sara, go on a rampage, which includes Sara performing a striptease to the dismay of Ozzy, Sharon, and other horrified adults and Kelly going toe-to-toe with Jack and his friends.

Episode 10: Ozzy & Sharon Wed Again
(no mtv.com recap)
Old 03-05-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can't believe i missed this news of a 3rd season! surprising considering how "adament" they all were for the 2dn to be the last.
Old 03-05-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the renewal contract they signed was for both the 2nd and 3rd... they're stuck and have to do it
Old 03-05-03, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw a few episodes during a marathon a few months ago but it was lacking from the first season. I haven't watched since. There doesn't seem a point to a third season if the second season isn't doing very well in the ratings. Since there's almost no talk about this season, the ratings have to be poor.