Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Can anyone name this show???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-03, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone name this show???

Hello, Let me start by saying that this is a TV show that I have been trying to find for sometime. I saw it a long time ago when I was little and can only remember one scene. So the following is the only information that I can recollect. Any help in finding it's title would be most appreciative.

The Scene:

I *beleive* its an animated story. It starts with a boy who is traveling across the countryside. (The setting is fantasy; imagine big fields, mountains, giants, and adventuring). On the boy's exploits he meets up with a giant who wishes to kill him. The boy persuades the giant to a match of strength. If he proves to best the giants strength in each competition then he would be allowed to continue on without harm. The giant agrees to the competition because he *IS* certainly stronger than the boy. The competition (as I recall) consisted of 3 tests/challenges.

test 1: Who can throw the rock the furtherest.

The Giant picks up a boulder and hurls it a great distance.
The Boy then pulls out a "rock" (actually it was a *bird* that he had been carrying) and throws it out and it flys away an even greater distance.

Winner: Boy (to a dim witted giant's dismay)

Test 2: Who can crush a rock.

The Giant picks up a boulder and crushes it in his bare hands.
The Boy then takes out his waterskin and squeezes water right out of the "rock"
(Boy: Giant, crushing a rock is easy but can you squeeze it until water comes out?
Giant: no)

Winner; Boy

test 3: ???
I believe in the 3rd test the boy ask if the giant can eat a rock; he then pulls out a block of cheese and bites into it, chews it up and swallows it all. The Giant, not wanting to be showed up by a little boy, picks up a large rock and bites into it breaking his tooth??? The boy then continues on in his travels.

The end.
That is all I can remember...
thank you.
Old 02-10-03, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Can anyone name this show???

Originally posted by Scalemail Ted
Hello, Let me start by saying that this is a TV show that I have been trying to find for sometime.
For some reason it's sounding like THE POINT