Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias - 2/9/03 - A Free Agent

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Alias - 2/9/03 - A Free Agent

I think Phase 2 of "Alias" is off to a good start. This is definitely new beginnings for just about everyone involved.
Old 02-09-03, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hah, they had to zoom in on the SVT badge on the Focus, so us American's wouldn't think they were racing through the streets of Europe in just ANY slowpoke econobox

Glad Marshall has a job, as we all suspected.
Old 02-09-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Egads, have to wait 2 weeks to find out how it all gets sorted it out. Ack!
Old 02-09-03, 09:03 PM

Good episode. I too noticed the Ford plug. I guess we'll see how Jennifer Garner handles the SNL gig next week promoting both Daredevil and Alias.
Old 02-09-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Marshall was cracking me up with just about every scene he was in tonight. So...is Dixon K-Directorate or not?
Old 02-09-03, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Marshall was cracking me up with just about every scene he was in tonight. So...is Dixon K-Directorate or not?
Has there been anything to suggest that?
Old 02-09-03, 10:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
I thought it was good.

Marshall telling the CIA tech geeks how he found their tap was hilarious. I like how Dixon is having a hard time with his decision while Marshall just jumps right in.

Thy Sydney vs Sloane thing could be great and I assume Jack will eventually get involved which will make it better.
Old 02-09-03, 10:29 PM

yeah great episode, man marshall is so funny, alias just wouldn't be the same without him. You think she will ever find out her friend is not really her friend?
Old 02-09-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Colonel Mustard
Hah, they had to zoom in on the SVT badge on the Focus, so us American's wouldn't think they were racing through the streets of Europe in just ANY slowpoke econobox
The Ford plug was so lame. Seriously, there had to have been a better car, even if it's just used as a product placement.

It was a good episode, and finally we get to see Syd's mom again. That was so convincing, her encouraging her to leave. We all know Irina is evil. Nice try.

So I guess they missed graduation? Or did it happen already and we never got to see it? I believe Syd was trying getting her master's in education, no? I still don't see how she was able to stay in college and deal with everything else she had to do.

Kendall is such a...well, I'm not sure whether we can use that word or not, but you can figure it out. Argh.

Sloane and Sark are soooo evil. Their plans better be foiled. And Emily's going to be so angry when she finds out he's still decieving her.
Old 02-10-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Loved it. Good thing the reboot to the show has yielded great results so far.
Old 02-10-03, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great ep - cool to see there is some rimbaldi stuff again.. even though its explained over and over and over again
Old 02-10-03, 12:37 AM
Banned

I was so relieved to turn in and not see it watered down like last week.
We're off to a Great new start.
Was surprised that Sydney was even still in school because had mentioned it all year and nice Graduation call from Sloan.
Loved the scene between Sydney and Irina and the scenes between Dixon and his wife were very well done. And of course Marshall stole the show.
When the clip of Sloane was on the screen with the robot voice over what Sloan was saying was classic.
So what happend to Christian Slaters character?
Is this a two parter??

If people still arent watching this great show yet watching all those Reality shows, we're all in trouble.
Old 02-10-03, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Glad to see ABC's decided to take the momentum gained from Alias' post SuperBowl slot and interrupt it with an unnecessary remake of the Music Man.

Way to kill momentum guys!

On the other hand...

This ep was pretty good.

VERY glad to see Dixon & Marshall get more screen time. I don't know what Dixon's wife's problem is. Jeezus, the man just found out he was helping the very people he wanted to stop and she told him if he joins the people he thought he was joining to stop the people he had joined, he'll do it alone. WTF??? Cut the guy some slack...

No mushy Syd/Vaughan stuff. Thank god.

No Will either.

This is weird...I liked Francie before she became Franna. Now, I can't stand her. Kill her already.

I will say that I expected Syd to just go gangster and kill Sloane right then and there..

Oh well...if ABC complains about the ratings again, perhaps we'll get a re-reboot.
Old 02-10-03, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another good episode....I like what the writers are doing so far post SD-6.
Old 02-10-03, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Good episode. How much do I really love Marshall now, he was just hilarious. The scenes with Dixon were heartbreaking and I'm glad the writers didn't just plop him into the CIA without any discussion on the matter. Could've lived forever without the Ford plug and I hate that we have to wait two weeks for a new episode Ugh!
Old 02-10-03, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Great ep!

Finally nice to see the direction they are heading.... I was a little disappointed with the water down version so far.

But last night ep was great...
When sloan called up syd and warn her to stay out of his way. Fantastic..
When Marshall is going off saying what he needs and finally see the HC. Fantastic
When Syd went to tell Dixon he was cleared and that the CIA was offering him a job. Dixon's responce was priceless. Fantastic
When syd and vaughn meet up with sloan at the bank....

Damn, i cant wait two weeks for the next ep.

Oh well, at least we had her in DareDevil on Friday! =)
Old 02-10-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think that Sloane thinks that Sydney is his child, so he's really reticent to kill her unless she gives him no options left.
Old 02-10-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
See, I didn't think last week was "watered down" at all, and since we had yet another cliffhanger, I really don't feel the show is being "dumbed down" in any way. If anything, it's JUST as intricate and fast paced as ever.

Dixon's wife had a realistic response to finding out. As she said, she didn't (knowingly) sign on to a life of worrying, and he has lied to her, every single day, for their entire relationship. Wouldn't that shake a person up?

Marshall rules. He just wants to do good. He found out he was with the wrong team and he just went "oh, whoops. Well, here's how I did everything." Too funny.

And could Sloane BE any more friking cold and evil? He gives me the heebs.
Old 02-10-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked everything except the ending. There's no way Sloane would ever allow himself to be killed (didn't he say the city block, including this bank, would explode if he didn't get out), so why drop your weapons? That didn't make sense. Worst case, let him leave the building at gunpoint, but to just drop your weapons? Which brings up the question, why didn't he just shoot them then? They didn't have backup. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but that scene just didn't play well for me at all.

Marshall does rule. I love the differing approaches they're taking with Marshall and Dixon.

das
Old 02-10-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

overall a good episode and the ending threw me off a bit as i was expecting sloan and sark to escape before CIA arrived. the sppeding car bit was really cool to me although the ford product placement was really lame. as others said, it was good to see dixon and marshall again and it will be interesting to see how they resolve the conflicted dixon thing. finally, the whole new francie thing is really bugging me. how long is it going to take syd to realize that her roomie is this cold, unfeeling thing? after all, "francie" is not really doing a very good job at hiding it.
Old 02-10-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Even when Sydney was hugging Franna, you could tell by Sydney's face that she suspects something.

The showdown between Sloane and Sydney was haphazard, perhaps intentionally (then again, Sydney's blind hatred of Sloane has taken her off her game). Sydney had to lay her gun down because of all the civilians in the bank, Sloane didn't really give her any choice (even if Sloane was bluffing, she couldn't take that chance), and had to play the hostage negotiation game and just play it out after becoming a hostage herself with her blunder.
Old 02-10-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
The showdown between Sloane and Sydney was haphazard, perhaps intentionally (then again, Sydney's blind hatred of Sloane has taken her off her game). Sydney had to lay her gun down because of all the civilians in the bank, Sloane didn't really give her any choice (even if Sloane was bluffing, she couldn't take that chance), and had to play the hostage negotiation game and just play it out after becoming a hostage herself with her blunder.
I don't get why she's even a hostage. And I just don't get why we should ever believe Sloane would kill himself. He's not a martyr. He's staged the biggest power play imaginable and (although not to Sydney) said he's not about to back off and let someone else run the final leg of this race. Sydney's negotiating power was stronger with a gun on Sloane. And if she assumes worst case that counter to everything she should believe, he really would allow himself to be killed, then why not let him leave. Didn't they say they had no back-up?

I dunno ... just doesn't sit right.

das
Old 02-10-03, 10:17 AM
Cool New Member

With regard to Dixon, I believe he will realize that what Sydney did to him is the same thing he did to his wife. He wasn't permitted to tell his wife about where he worked and Sydney wasn't allowed to tell Dixon about SD-6. Dixon will come around within the next episode or two.
Old 02-10-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dixon's going to have to take that job at the CIA. Can you imagine him in an interview?

Dixon: Well, I thought I spent the last few years working for the CIA, but I was really working for a top-secret organization intent on ruling the world. Other than that, I have great people skills.
Interviewer: Ooooookay.

Old 02-10-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vaughn: Welcome to the CIA
Marshall: I've heard that one before <--- priceless!

Marshall: Every now and then I have to fight the urge to cry openly... LOL

Does anyone remember the exact dialogue regarding Marshall's gnome and how he figured out that the CIA was hacking their system?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.