DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : I hate realaudio!

Gallant Pig
02-08-03, 05:52 AM
I used to have fond memories of realaudio in its early days, but it has turned into a pile of heaping software filled with spyware and whatnot, that constantly gets rebranded and upgraded I think the last one I used was Real One player after it said I needed to upgrade that I stopped paying attention.

Glad that the MS stuff is a lot better. My only problem with Media Player is it doesn't have built in support of .mov files.

Dave99
02-08-03, 11:07 AM
I refuse to use realaudio anymore. If I see a clip I wanted is only in RA, well, I just didn't need to see/hear it that bad.
dave

Xanager
02-08-03, 12:06 PM
Yeah, RA sucks big time. Each time you run it, you always have to go back and disable all the crap services it loads up.

huzefa
02-08-03, 12:39 PM
I hate it with a passion too. It takes forever to load; its the most bloated piece of crapware there ever was.

moyam
02-08-03, 12:45 PM
I wish I could uninstall mine. But the thing is that most of the websites I visit to see videos (mostly drag races) run only under RA. I talked to the webmaster but he said that it takes up less space this way. Is there any other player that I can use to play RA without it being the actual RA player

Gallant Pig
02-08-03, 01:50 PM
No it's a proprietary format they developed. You could talk to the webmaster about encoding a version with in the streaming windows format (wvm or wma or something like that) I know MS offers the encoding software for free.

Mr_Shred
02-08-03, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by moyam
I wish I could uninstall mine. But the thing is that most of the websites I visit to see videos (mostly drag races) run only under RA. I talked to the webmaster but he said that it takes up less space this way. Is there any other player that I can use to play RA without it being the actual RA player
If you can download those files, they can be converted to AVI format with a little utility called TINRA. The drawback is that the file size increases quite a bit...

HN
02-08-03, 10:24 PM
buffering

--HN

belboz
02-09-03, 01:26 PM
It's sad, but streaming video is one area where MS is actually the lesser of two evils.