TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

'Dog Eat Dog' Returns to NBC

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-03, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Dog Eat Dog' Returns to NBC

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?30046

Thu, Feb 6, 2003 05:30 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Dog Eat Dog," the elaborate game show that scored solid ratings for NBC last summer, is returning to prop up one of the weak points in the network's schedule.

The show, hosted by former "Baywatch" star Brooke Burns, will premiere at 10 p.m. ET Monday, Feb. 24 and move to its regular spot, 8 p.m. Tuesday, the following night. NBC has a 13-episode order for the game.

"Dog Eat Dog" pits six players against each other in a series of physical and mental challenges. For each challenge, players pick the contestant they think is least likely to complete it successfully. If that player fails, he or she is out of the game. If the player does finish the challenge, he or she can boot someone else.

The winner walks away with $25,000.

The 8 p.m. Tuesday hour has been problematic for NBC this year. Sitcoms "Just Shoot Me" and "In-Laws" are averaging only 6.8 million and 7.7 million viewers a week, respectively. The poor lead-in has also hurt NBC stalwart "Frasier," which, at 13.9 million viewers, is down about 1.5 million viewers a week from the same time last season.

"Dog Eat Dog" drew audiences ranging from 10 million to 12.5 million people last summer.

I'd almost forgot about this show. Oh well, another 60 minutes of mindless fun to watch!

Chris
Old 02-07-03, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having it on Tuesday at 8 is stupid. How do they think they are going to fair going head to head with American Idol?? Not very good I am thinking because I think both shows go after the same audience.
Old 02-07-03, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd almost forgot about this show. Oh well, another 60 minutes of mindless fun to watch!
More like another 60 minutes of Brooke Burns
Old 02-07-03, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Goat3001
More like another 60 minutes of Brooke Burns
Like I said 'mindless fun'

Chris