Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ed 2-5-03

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Ed 2-5-03

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Sabrina Lloyd talking about sports.
Old 02-06-03, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
great episode...great show.

One question...i was watching more of the 70s show at the beginning, and i'm wondering if i missed something referenced later..... What was with the soup she left him at the end? I think he said 'stew?' first and she corrected him.....
Old 02-06-03, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good episode. I love Julie/Carol a lot, but I think Sabrina Lloyd would make an excellent permanent addition to the show. In fact, I think they might be a better fit.

I can't wait for
Spoiler:
carol's sister
next week.
Old 02-06-03, 02:21 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Re : Soup/Stew

At the beginning of the show, Frankie walks in on Ed making soup. She says it is stew because it needs more water.

IIRC
Old 02-06-03, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone else think that "Biff" Thomas Wilson looks like Troy Aikman (for Dallas Cowboy QB)?

I thought Carol looked really good last night. I like her with the longer hair.
Old 02-06-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What do you all think of Molly's increased screen time? I think it has breathed some new life into the show by focusing on a character they usually do not focus on. Like Friends focusing on Joey last season.
Old 02-06-03, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I get bored with the Molly subplot, I'd rather watch Mike get harangued by Dr. Jerome.
Old 02-06-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They showed Mike for one second in the court room sitting in the audience with Nancy.
Old 02-06-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

And...
Old 02-06-03, 08:19 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Yep, Molly subplot makes the show flatline.
Old 02-06-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But there is something very sexy about seeing Carol on the bed lying on her tummy.
Old 02-06-03, 09:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Anyone else think that "Biff" Thomas Wilson looks like Troy Aikman (for Dallas Cowboy QB)?
Either him or the other former Cowboy Daryl Johnston.

I thought the episode was just ok. I do like Thomas F. Wilson, so I don't much mind the Molly sub-plot.
Old 02-06-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Stew
Stew
Stew
Stew
Stew
Soup!!!!

The Molly storyline bores me. When Ryan walked off from the dinner table, I was secretly hoping that would be the end of it. But it wasn't . . . But if it wasn't for the Molly subplot, we would have only seen Carol for those 2 sequences with Ed.

I liked the furthering of the relationship between Ed and Sabrina in this episode even though it was a strange place to do it in, murde case and all.
Old 02-06-03, 12:43 PM

Anybody notice that Ryan said "Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott?" when talking to Molly in the hallway of the school? Whoops. I wonder if the Ed people forgot about that throwaway line, or just figured nobody would notice.
Old 02-06-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Heard it, but it just wasn't all that funny.
Old 02-06-03, 02:36 PM

Heard it, but it just wasn't all that funny.
The point is that it's factually wrong. Bill Frist of Tennessee is Senate Majority Leader and has been since late last December. This means that either a) the writers of the show need to read a newspaper every once and a while, or b) this episode has been in the can for a looooong time.
Old 02-06-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mind Molly's increased time, it's the geeky kid I don't like. He makes me miss Cheswick! I'm not into that whole storyline at all so I didn't really like this episode. Plus this was the first time they really started to hint that Ed and Frankie will become romantically involved. They already showed Carol looking jealous at the end.

I was hoping maybe this one time they could just be co-workers, but it's not heading that way. I like her character, but the love triangle is going to ruin it. Then Carol will manage to run her out of town.
Old 02-06-03, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I enjoyed the Molly subplot more than the main plot of the accidental death. However, no Dr. Mike, no Nancy, no Cheswick, no Phil, no Shirley, very little Carol, and way too much Eli makes this episode a for me. By the way, when Molly sat on the front fender of the fire engine, did anyone else notice the back wheels come off the ground? I'll stop now.

Honk!
Old 02-06-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
By the way, when Molly sat on the front fender of the fire engine, did anyone else notice the back wheels come off the ground? I'll stop now.

that's mean.
Old 02-06-03, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

did anyone else notice that the girl who plays diane's name was taken off the opening credits? anyway, i thought it was a good ep although a bit too serious for ed. bring back the quirkyness i say.
Old 02-06-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now that I think about it the molly storyline isn't that great. I enjoy her love interest being Biff though. The son is what is getting on everyone's nerves IMO. Everyone wanted too see more Molly and now we are getting more Molly. It gives the writers something to write about instead of Carol and Ed and will they or won't they. I am really missing Cheesewiz this season. He doesn't get much camera time this year. I think the girl who plays Diane is leaving the show and due to this spoiler
Spoiler:
Diane and Mark break up
it seems very very likely. I would like to see Sabrina make it as a regular or maybe be in a movie for some reason I think she would make a great Lois Lane in the Superman movie, but she doesn't really have the Lois Lane look. They should write her a part on Gilmore Girls as a kooky cousin of Loreli, Suki, Luke, or maybe even Kurt.
Old 02-07-03, 12:10 AM

I get bored with the Molly subplot, I'd rather watch Mike get harangued by Dr. Jerome.
Originally posted by dek
Yep, Molly subplot makes the show flatline.
these guys know what they are talking about. she drags. they should have focused on frankie. she is great, and the look at the very end between her and ed was much better than the laugh at the end of the last episode. so any guesses to what the real deal is with her "boyfriend"?
Old 02-07-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I actually like the Molly storylines - her character is very interesting and I'm happy the writers are focusing on her more. The kid however is driving me crazy and hopefully this will be the last episode he's featured in. Looks like next week the love triangle between Ed, Carol, and Frankie kicks into high gear. Wonder how long that will go on for? Anyone remember how many episodes Sabrina Lloyd is signed on for?
Old 02-07-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i believe it was 6.
Old 02-07-03, 10:50 AM

yeah it was 6, so 4 down (1 - favorite, 4 - second, 2 - third, and the 3rd episode i didn't like) and 2 to go. i just hope they see te excellent great she is doing for the show and offering her a great deal she is worth.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.