Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy X-2 trailer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Fantasy X-2 trailer

Here's a japanese trailer for FFX-2. Play the streaming version if you don't have a Gamespot membership.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...562386,00.html
Old 02-05-03, 05:39 PM
Banned

Excellent. I shall be waiting for the announcement when it will come state side. I hope they get the same voice over people to do FFX2 as they had for FFX. I can't wait for this one.
Old 02-05-03, 06:38 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice..

I definetly hope that they bring it to the US.
Old 02-05-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Vryce
Very nice..

I definetly hope that they bring it to the US.

Would you really even have to think that they wouldn't?
Old 02-06-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

from the clips though, it looked like it was only Riku, Yuna, and Lulu fighting. I hope there are more available characters than that.
Old 02-06-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
The woman with the short hair and sword is not Lulu. I forget her name but she's a new character. Seems Lulu is not a playable character in this game.

The game looks fun but I'm conflicted as it's a followup to the ending of Final Fantasy X: International and I loathe that ending as it feels like a copout. Still, this new game promises to have enough positives that I might not even care once I get it.
Old 02-06-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im sure there is that was a teaser trailor,they probably dont wanna give away to much before the japanese release.
Old 02-06-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks pretty good. I didn't like the new design for Yuna but after seeing some of that movie it seems a bit better, or maybe i finally got used to it. I am pretty sure there will be more characters than 3, FFX had more than that. What I'm worried about is the voice acting because Yuna is the main character. She was the only voice I didn't like from FFX (it actually wasn't horrible but just not as good compared to the others).

This is kind of a spoiler sorta if you haven't seen any of the most recent screen shots:

Spoiler:
The new screens show Yuna singing with a microphone. If they get the same actress to sing.....i don't know if i'll be able to take it . Still...you never know maybe she really can sing.
Old 02-06-03, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
As far as the English voice cast for Final Fantasy X is concerned, I found that the voice actors for Tidus and Yuna were the weakest in the bunch. That's sad considering they're the main characters.

Spoiler:
I only note this because Tidus does indeed return in this game though, judging from Yuna's attire in the scenes that featur Tidus, he might only be in flashbacks and maybe the ending.

They should either include both the English and Japanese voice track (a'la .hack) or simply not waste money on an English ADR. I mean, c'mon, we all enjoyed games when there was no voice acting in RPGs so might as well just subtitle the dialogue rather than dub it.