TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield 2/4

Old 02-04-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shield 2/4

Supposed to be a "powerful" episode.

Did you see all of those lockers open? Damn.
Old 02-04-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"You're a special kind of B. My bitch!"
Old 02-04-03, 09:53 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally posted by conscience
"You're a special kind of B. My bitch!"

That was classic!!!
Old 02-04-03, 10:06 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another amazing episode especially what armadillo(sp?) said happened to his brother and next weeks episode may be the best ever. cannot wait. and the paint on the car, god damn i would be pissed
Old 02-04-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by Corky Roxbury
Another amazing episode especially what armadillo(sp?) said happened to his brother and next weeks episode may be the best ever. cannot wait. and the paint on the car, god damn i would be pissed
Next week's ep. may be good but it doesn't look like it'll address anything in this current storyline. Probably a one-shot story.

Damn, Dutch is really losing it. Hard to believe that that one case could unbalance him so much. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-04-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Tuan Jim
Damn, Dutch is really losing it. Hard to believe that that one case could unbalance him so much. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.
My money:
Spoiler:
He's going to turn into a serial killer.
Old 02-05-03, 12:11 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
My money:
Spoiler:
He's going to turn into a serial killer.
I was kind of thinking along those lines to. He has that look like he's going to snap any second.

I thought it was another great episode. The Armadillo storyline is better then anything from last season IMO.

The only problem I have is from watching the previews, I hope they don't develop a pattern of one ep dealing with Armadillo then the next ep as a stand alone. I think it hurts the flow of the show.

Last edited by MrX; 02-05-03 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-05-03, 12:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Great episode...best of the season so far. Managed to have a perfect balance between all of the running storylines. It was also good to see Connie again. She's an interesting character, and I missed her from Season 1.
Old 02-05-03, 01:26 AM

Good episode (all though has there ever been a bad one). I look forward to seeing what is going to happen with Dutch. Although I doubt he is going to become a serial killer, **** is going to hit the fan one day...he is going to snap. Who is going to get the first shot to talk to Aramadillo?
Old 02-05-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best line of the night (and the season so far...)

Spoiler:
"How'd you like me to knock those oversize teeth of yours down your throat?"

Even Vic thought it was funny.
Old 02-05-03, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 477 Likes on 350 Posts
I thought it was pretty powerful when
Spoiler:
Armadillo put the green light out on Vic and his team.

This is really setting up quite a showdown.

I'm surprised that Vic really wants to
Spoiler:
go after the "money train." There is a lot of risk, and he doesn't need that kind of money - how's he going to spend it when he's being investigated all the time? Plus you know that the Armenians wouldn't rest until he was dead, so that's just way too much risk when you can't really use the reward.

If the DVD box set of season 1 wasn't so overpriced I'd buy it in a hearbeat. This is one of the best shows on television in the last decade.
Old 02-05-03, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Armadillo is Vic's Luthor Mahoney.

Did anyone else think there was going to be a bomb in the house when Armadillo said youv'e been green lit?
Old 02-05-03, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What's up with Lemonhead being a wuss all of a sudden? And what happened to the minority that was supposed to join the team?
Old 02-05-03, 06:19 AM

What an awesome episode of The Shield. With OZ and Buffy being so iffy this season, I'm glad that The Shield has been so consistently great.

Armadillo is such an interesting character. Although I wouldn't put my money on him being the big bad this season, the episodes he's in are money (I totally thought he planted a bomb when Vic kept looking back at the radio). I think the next step is Armadillo going after Vic's family, and possibly killing off one of the Strike Team (Ronnie is the most undeveloped of them, and despite being in almost every episode, his name isn't in the opening credits).

-r
Old 02-05-03, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by jackepstein
and possibly killing off one of the Strike Team (Ronnie is the most undeveloped of them, and despite being in almost every episode, his name isn't in the opening credits).

-r
Ronnie's the guy with the mustache right? He doesn't seem to show up very often at all. This one was probably his biggest speaking role in weeks (I missed first ep this season so I could be wrong). The tall guy (Angel lookalike) is there more often, but Shane's been stealing the show lately. A bit of a change after season one when they always seemed to stick together.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-05-03, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Manco
Did anyone else think there was going to be a bomb in the house when Armadillo said youv'e been green lit?
Me... when they focused in on the stereo I figured it was about to explode.

Another great episode. Makes you wonder who will get to Armadillo first.. Acevada, Claudette, or Mackey?
Old 02-05-03, 07:37 AM

Originally posted by jackepstein
(Ronnie is the most undeveloped of them, and despite being in almost every episode, his name isn't in the opening credits).
Every team has the quiet man, which happens to be Ronnie I think. However, I agree that he's the most expendable in the future. It was interesting to see a bit of a crack in the strike team this week, didn't see that coming.
Old 02-05-03, 07:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by tsohg
What's up with Lemonhead being a wuss all of a sudden?
Lemonhead has always been the most cautious of the strike team members since the beginning. Sample quote from season 1: "Why can't we do what we are supposed to do, and just stop?"

And what happened to the minority that was supposed to join the team?
All things in time. Transfers like that don't happen overnight. I'm sure it'll be addressed in a future episode.
Old 02-05-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Manco
Armadillo is Vic's Luthor Mahoney.
I like that. Exactly. (It would be ironic as hell. Mahoney's ghost eventually brought Kellerman down, and it was Reed Diamond [who played the guy that Mackey murdered early in the First Season] who played him [Kellerman].)

Mike Kellerman's long, slow and entirely believable descent from happy-go-lucky cop to morose semi-murderer is still the single most dramatic, compelling and brave thing I've ever seen in a continuing drama.
Old 02-05-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Groucho
Great episode...best of the season so far. Managed to have a perfect balance between all of the running storylines. It was also good to see Connie again. She's an interesting character, and I missed her from Season 1.
Funny. I think she is one of the least interesting characters on the show. Maybe it's because I have absolutely NO sympathy for her. She just makes my stomach turn.
Old 02-05-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Boot
Funny. I think she is one of the least interesting characters on the show. Maybe it's because I have absolutely NO sympathy for her. She just makes my stomach turn.
I agree. I can't really stand her myself. I feel no sympathy toward her either. She just gets on my nerves.
Old 02-05-03, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
I like that. Exactly. (It would be ironic as hell. Mahoney's ghost eventually brought Kellerman down, and it was Reed Diamond [who played the guy that Mackey murdered early in the First Season] who played him [Kellerman].)

Mike Kellerman's long, slow and entirely believable descent from happy-go-lucky cop to morose semi-murderer is still the single most dramatic, compelling and brave thing I've ever seen in a continuing drama.
Well I disagree to a point I never liked what they did to Kellerman's character. And mahoney became this almost
supervillian. Of course the storyline brought in that punk
Jon Seda and allowed him to rank on Mikey and even had Meldrick turn against him.. now that i think about it I like it less
the mohoney stuff all happened around the time Homicide
went from Great series to rather Mediocre.... no sir don't like it at all.
Old 02-05-03, 10:16 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by tsohg
What's up with Lemonhead being a wuss all of a sudden? And what happened to the minority that was supposed to join the team?
as someone else said, that story will defenitly get plenty of time to develop. btw, i dont think they would try it again, but how about Acevada sticking in a plant once more to try and bring down Mackey? They have a sort of "understanding" and with all the s*** Vics dealing with now, it would be the oppritunity to try and nail him. just a thought. I can't wait to see how the "money train" story plays out, it looks to be their end of season story. The armadillo story is awesome, and I bet Lem gets greenlit to really shake up the strike team.
Old 02-05-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dave Scarpa
Well I disagree to a point I never liked what they did to Kellerman's character. And mahoney became this almost
supervillian. Of course the storyline brought in that punk
Jon Seda and allowed him to rank on Mikey and even had Meldrick turn against him.. now that i think about it I like it less
the mohoney stuff all happened around the time Homicide
went from Great series to rather Mediocre.... no sir don't like it at all.
I didn't exactly like it, I just thought it was amazing to watch. It took a lot of balls for them to do.

Kellerman and Pembleton leaving at the same time was the killer blow. Even in that last season, the show was still better than most of the stuff of it's kind on TV, just not as great as it had once been.