Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What are the rarest/most valuable DVD's?

The Nature Boy
02-04-03, 01:11 AM
I've searched the net for many fruitless months in an answer to this one, but I think I've finally found the oracle to qwell my qwery. What are the most valuable/most rare DVDS? I frequent many flea markets and used DVD stores, and I'd hate to pass a diamond in the rough. A rough list, with approximate values would be great, or a point to a link that would list would be even better. I'm a full on DVD junkie now, and I know the out of print criterion's are quite pricey and hard to find, and I was wondering what else might be on this list. The only non-criterion rarity I've found is "A View to a Kill", currently, suprisingly out of print, given the bulk of Bond pictures availble.

Corky
02-04-03, 01:26 AM
Also original Disney classics that are oop like Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians (animated), and the Little Mermaid.

This thread seems more suited for the Talk section tho...

g
02-04-03, 01:30 AM
how to get a head in advertising is now also oop

ColdBlue
02-04-03, 01:36 AM
Liquid Sky (1982)

Mutley Hyde
02-04-03, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by g
how to get a head in advertising is now also oop

Yeah!! So when the heck did that happen???

Looks like a pretty crummy Criterion though (no extras that I can see). Any reason to get it instead of waiting for the MGM release?

g
02-04-03, 02:01 AM
I love this movie but the criterion isnt that great but it helps complete the collection

Mutley Hyde
02-04-03, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by g
I love this movie but the criterion isnt that great but it helps complete the collection

Heh, I have long since given up such aspirations... but I do still get them as they go oop. :D

I just may have to see if I can't track a copy down. Is it at least anamorphic?

GMLSKIS
02-04-03, 02:04 AM
How is this a DVD bargain thread?

Mutley Hyde
02-04-03, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by GMLSKIS
How is this a DVD bargain thread?

It probably isn't. But Nature Boy, besides being a newbie, is obviously looking for, a bargain while he's out slummin' through the flea markets and pawn shops.

Nature Boy, maybe this would be better to post in DVDTalk, since the bargain forum is more for links to known bargains.

Mutley Hyde
02-04-03, 02:14 AM
Oh, and to add a few non Criterions, look for...

This Island Earth
Little Shop of Horrors (not the currently available one, but the one with the alternate ending)
Mark of the Devil
Tombs of the Blind Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Midnight Express
Any of the Marx Brothers Image dvds

Heathen
02-04-03, 04:58 AM
I think that DVD that is hardest to get would be the THX Trailer disc that LucasFilms put out at a tradeshow that that the Simpsons on it.

I've got mine, and it is definitely my pride and joy of the collection...

Bill

Cheddarmuff
02-04-03, 08:03 AM
Battlefield Earth....;)

darkside
02-04-03, 08:08 AM
MST3K the Movie
The original DVD Little Shop of Horrors (the 80's version) that had the alternate ending.

elias
02-04-03, 08:15 AM
The Marx Brothers Box - I gotta get one of these. 3 dvds - Animal Crackers, Horse Feathers & ... I can't remember for the life of me what the last one is!

kenbenobi
02-04-03, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by elias
The Marx Brothers Box - I gotta get one of these. 3 dvds - Animal Crackers, Horse Feathers & ... I can't remember for the life of me what the last one is!
Duck Soup. I'm holdming mine in my hand right now... Glad I bought that set. I had no idea it was OOP...

Tha Freak
02-04-03, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by 5th_Wheel
Here's a few highly sought after OOP Criterion titles:

Salo - by far and away the most sought after Criterion title
400 Blows
Hard Boiled
Killer
Mon Oncle
Playtime
M. Hullot's Holiday
This Is Spinal Tap
Robocop
Silence of the Lambs
Beauty and the Beast - first release
Charade

some specific edition?

because some of there seems to be available here in Canada?

silence of the lambs
hard boiled/killer twin pack
This is spinal Tap
robocop

here's the link to the online store, use the search engine...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/dept.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=13&WLBS=fs%2Dweb6

and I saw 2 of them at hmv.com..

Tha Freak
02-04-03, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Mutley Hyde
Oh, and to add a few non Criterions, look for...

Midnight Express

I saw that one in a HMV store here in Montreal last week for 7,99$...

should I run out and buy it?

it this one:

http://www3.hmv.com/hmv/Large_Images/HMVVIDEO/476660.JPG

jawn
02-04-03, 08:50 AM
Heh... I found a Criterion Silence of the Lambs used for 9.99. Case was beat up bad, but disc is cool. :)

JuryDuty
02-04-03, 08:54 AM
Definately my old Disney movies....

Little Mermaid
Mulan
101 Dalmations
Lady and the Tramp
Pinnochio
etc

ryuryu2949
02-04-03, 09:03 AM
midnight express (written by oliver stone) is not OOP. perhaps the poster means "midnight run" with reobert de nrio???

Giles
02-04-03, 09:30 AM
In regards to Pasolini didn't Image release "The Decameron", "Canterbury Tales" and "Arabian Nights" on DVD. My fingers are crossed that MGM release the latter two since they just rereleased "The Decameron" last December.

Hiro11
02-04-03, 10:17 AM
I recently sold my 400 Blows CC on Ebay for over 250. I like the movie, but it's going to be rereleased this year so buyer beware.

Are the following CC discs worth any more than retail?:
Sid and Nancy
Beastie Boys
Picnic at Hanging Rock

RevLiver
02-04-03, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Hiro11
Are the following CC discs worth any more than retail?:
Sid and Nancy
Beastie Boys
Picnic at Hanging Rock

Sid & Nancy sells for anywhere from 40 to 60 on eBay.

The other two are both still in print and available, so no, not worth more than retail.

Souljahh
02-04-03, 10:46 AM
Seven Samurai first pressing.

Are the Marx Brothers dvds really OOP? Damn.

CCGoldRush
02-04-03, 10:56 AM
Speaking of Pasolini, The Gospel According the St. Matthew is extremely difficult to get -- it was released for like 2 months, then pulled. I've been trying to get it for a couple years now.

CaptainJ
02-04-03, 11:20 AM
I seriously do not think it is a good idea to invest in DVDs. The whole point of them is to watch the movie and if these OOP titles start having other releases people are going to use their common sense and buy those for a fraction of the price. Like some are worth something now but in the near future (5 years) I do not see them being worth that much. Don't go hunting for dvds that demand a premium on ebay, just get some movies that you want to add to your collection to watch.

Butch Coolidge
02-04-03, 11:26 AM
The best way to make big bucks out of collectible is to buy toys and keep it mint with boxes. In 10/20 years (when the kids will be adults) it will be gold !

Look at the price of stuffs like Nitendo Game & Watch or Dinky Toys. Again I am talking of toys still new in the box.

J.P.V.
02-04-03, 11:43 AM
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/upcomingdvdart/tbd/giantdvd.jpg

llzackll
02-04-03, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Butch Coolidge
The best way to make big bucks out of collectible is to buy toys and keep it mint with boxes. In 10/20 years (when the kids will be adults) it will be gold !

Look at the price of stuffs like Nitendo Game & Watch or Dinky Toys. Again I am talking of toys still new in the box.

Most nintendo (nes) games new in the box still go for pretty cheap on eBay. I picked up Legend of Zelda a few months ago new in box for $25.

Now for some reason, a lot of Super NES RPG's are going for premium prices.. Chrono Trigger new in box I have seen for over $130. I have no idea why... It seems to defy logic..

WiccanPagan
02-04-03, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by llzackll
Most nintendo (nes) games new in the box still go for pretty cheap on eBay. I picked up Legend of Zelda a few months ago new in box for $25.

Now for some reason, a lot of Super NES RPG's are going for premium prices.. Chrono Trigger new in box I have seen for over $130. I have no idea why... It seems to defy logic.. the same is true of some of square's ps games: ehrgeiz, final fantasy tactics, and xenogears. also with super puzzle fighter 2 turbo.

Mutley Hyde
02-04-03, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ryuryu2949
midnight express (written by oliver stone) is not OOP. perhaps the poster means "midnight run" with reobert de nrio???

Er, sorry about that. Actually, I'm not sure. I just remember reading something a while back, and it was definitely Midnight something.

I'll go put my foot in my mouth now. :)

The Nature Boy
02-04-03, 03:01 PM
It probably isn't. But Nature Boy, besides being a newbie, is obviously looking for, a bargain while he's out slummin' through the flea markets and pawn shops.

Nature Boy, maybe this would be better to post in DVDTalk, since the bargain forum is more for links to known bargains.

You got me pegged Mutley, that's exactly what my mindset was. I figured since I'm scouring, if I see something that would otherwise be a chore to secure, I"m going to go ahead and do it. Forgive my newbie jargon, I forgot the OOP concept. I picked up quite a few VHS tapes at shops and markets when they were hard to find, like Meet the Feebles, Transformers the Movie and a few others. Thanks for the help here guys and gals, it's great, and I'd love any additional feedback.

Rammsteinfan
02-04-03, 04:19 PM
I still havent found a copy of Good Burger:CC yet... :grunt:

darkside
02-04-03, 05:36 PM
Dang I've got all the image Marx Bros DVDs including the box set. Didn't realize they were going for so much. They were selling for $9.99 at one point.

JestersTear
02-04-03, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Butch Coolidge

Talking about the best way to make money out of collectibles is like talking about the best way to flush your life savings down the toilet. Start with the change or start with the bills, either way you're screwed at the end.

The only people that make money at collectibles are the ones that consistently see a trend before it starts, and they get in big and get out quick before the market collapses after they've artificially inflated it and driven away all the real fans of the hobby with their scalping BS.

The BEST bet to make money on collectibles, if you're dead set on investing, is to buy golden and silver age comic books.

beebs
02-05-03, 12:34 AM
Collectibles like Silver Age comics have a history of decades of increasing values. This makes them an investment.

There is a collectibles marketplace for DVDs. People will pay lots of bucks for these discs. But many of these discs aren't showing increasing values, with steady rises... instead the bubble seems to burst on rare titles, as new editions are released, or updated SEs come out.

The key is spotting the soon to be collectible titles and snagging them up.

Here's some suggestions for types of disc, and how they might rate by risk, and possible gains.

Downgraded Discs (Low to Moderate Gains, Possible long hold, Moderate Risk) -- 2 Disc SEs rereleased as a movie-only. The movie is available, demand won't be as feverish. Risk is there won't be much demand for the extras.

Limited Issues (Moderate Gains, Possible Long Holds, Lesser Risk) -- Disc with planned lapses in releases, like Disney. Easier to spot than downgraded disc, more values because the movie will be oop. But, lots of competition for buyers. Disney stuff is here, including tins.

Lapsed Titles (Greatest Gains, Shorter Holds) -- Like Criterions that go out of print. These are the best bets for long term investments.

Fakey Limited Number Crap (Nominal Gains, Possible Long Hold, Most risk) -- You know the ones. This stuff is manufactured collectibles.

If I had to pick one's to invest in, I'd buy Criterions as they go out of print, and downgraded discs from lesser sellers. I'd also pick up Disney's and ET. Stuff like Spider-Man 2 disc... if they release a single disc version, there will be BILLION of the 2 discs around still. Even Criterions, if you pick a title and someone comes up with a good reissue, maybe better issue, it may lose lots of value. There's risk, but I think if you have good money to invest here... you could make a good return on your investment.

I'd watch for culty little flicks like Midnight Run, as well. But I don't think it would be as smart to buy them, over disney's or criterions.

-Beebs

DarthMaul420
02-06-03, 12:43 AM
Mario Bava's Rabid Dogs

garmonbozia
02-06-03, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaul420
Mario Bava's Rabid Dogs

this was one hard dvd to find. When I was trying to get it, I had to wait weeks and weeks even before I saw one pop up on ebay. It was worth over-paying for since it was Bava's last unreleased film and this dvd was the only way to see it.

garmonbozia
02-06-03, 06:36 AM
I just may have to see if I can't track a copy down. Is it at least anamorphic?

nope

garmonbozia
02-06-03, 06:42 AM
A few other OOP stuff:

The Charlie Chaplin discs that Image released, most of note:
City Lights
The Gold Rush
Modern Times
The Great Dictator

HBO's release of Wuthering Heights (1939)

The Decalogue

All of the Universal titles that Image released including the 5 Marx Brothers discs, Sixteen Candles, Fahrenheit 451, and many others...

DarthMaul420
02-06-03, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by garmonbozia
this was one hard dvd to find. When I was trying to get it, I had to wait weeks and weeks even before I saw one pop up on ebay. It was worth over-paying for since it was Bava's last unreleased film and this dvd was the only way to see it.

This disc is an example of a true rarity b/c you can't find 10 copies at any given time on ebay.

I payed 100 for a mint cond. copy. Well woth it imo. I have heard it has since been re-released though under the name "kidnapped"?

RevLiver
02-06-03, 09:32 AM
Aren't the Chaplin and Marx Bros. titles being remastered for brand new releases? I hope so, that's the only reason I held off on getting them.

DavidK
02-06-03, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by RevLiver
Aren't the Chaplin and Marx Bros. titles being remastered for brand new releases? I hope so, that's the only reason I held off on getting them.

I'm not sure about the Marx Brothers - I haven't heard anything recently.

The Chaplin films are all being released again, but with the reworked scores and edits that Chaplin performed on them much later in his life. This is in accord with the wishes of his estate. It isn't clear if the original versions are going to be included in some manner with the re-edited versions.

This whole thing raises the sticky issue of director-driven re-edits to movies... modern examples are E.T., Apocalypse Now, the original Star Wars trilogy, etc. I picked up the earlier Image releases before they went OOP, because I'd like to experience these films as the first audiences did upon their original release. I may still get the re-mastered, re-edited versions, but the original versions hold a lot of historical appeal for me.

Just my opinion....

dvdmachine
02-06-03, 02:21 PM
akira tin?

BananaMan
02-06-03, 03:14 PM
Robocop - Criterion is worth a few bob (I own two copies) they can fetch up to $80 if they are still shrink wrapped.

The E.T. boxed set (I own that too) will be wortha bit too since Universal stopped production on December 31st.

garmonbozia
02-07-03, 09:36 AM
I have heard it has since been re-released though under the name "kidnapped"?

yes, but it is a different version of the same film. new footage was shot and it was re-edited for that version. I used to know more details about this version, but I can't recall them. Here is a little bit of infor from the IMDB:

http://us.imdb.com/AlternateVersions?0071275

Originally shot in 1974 under the title 'L'uomo e il bambino', this film was shelved when one of the film financial backers died and ownership of the picture became entangled in bankruptcy proceedings before post-production had been completed, which prevented its theatrical release. The film sat on a shelf for almost 25 years until actress Lea Lander rescued it from oblivion by helping finance a DVD release: a new short prologue was shot, according to Bava's original script, and editing and scoring were completed using existing available materials. In 2002 producer Alfredo Leone and director Lamberto Bava (Mario's son), allegedly dissatisfied with the DVD edit, produced a new restored version of the film. Lamberto Bava and his son Roy shot additional footage and original composer Stelvio Cipriani created a new complete musical score (though the DVD release employed some of Cipriani's cues and themes, the film was never properly scored in 1974). This restored version, produced by Kismet Entertainment Group and retitled "Kidnapped", premiered theatrically in the US on May 31, 2002 as part of a Mario Bava retrospective at the American Cinematheque's Egyptian Theater in Hollywood

So I hope this version eventually comes out on dvd too, as it would be nice to have both. Although I remain skeptical if Lamberto's version would really be any closer to what Mario would have ultimately done.

WiccanPagan
02-07-03, 10:48 AM
All of the Universal titles that Image released including the 5 Marx Brothers discs, Sixteen Candles, Fahrenheit 451, and many others...can anyone help me with some of the others? i think weird science is one, but after that i am clueless.

DarthMaul420
02-07-03, 11:03 AM
thanks for finding that garmonbozia

DavidK
02-07-03, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
can anyone help me with some of the others? i think weird science is one, but after that i am clueless.

Here's a list of most of them. I may be missing a few. They were all Universal pictures that were released by Image in snapper cases. Most of them were pretty bare-bones. Only a few have been re-released since they were discontinued a couple of years ago. Best shot at finding any of them is out-of-the-way stores, although people have had luck at Borders.....

Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion
Across the Moon
Andromeda Strain
Beach Boys: The Lost Concert
Belle of the Nineties
Body Puzzle
Brighton Beach Memoirs
Buck Privates
Buck Privates Come Home
Casual Sex?
Cocoanuts
Cream: Farewell Concert
Dracula (1979)
Electric Horseman
Elm-Chanted Forest
Fahrenheit 451
Firestarter
Ghost Story
Iím No Angel
In the Navy
Jack-O
Journey to the Far Side of the Sun
Kiss of the Vampire
Klondike Annie
Legal Eagles
Lipstick Camera
Magic Voyage
Man of a Thousand Faces
Mask (1985)
Matinee
Midway
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
Prince of Darkness
Project Eliminator
Quantum Leap: The Pilot Episode
Radioland Murders
Road To Morocco
Road to Utopia
Serpent and the Rainbow
Seven Percent Solution
Silent Running
Sixteen Candles
Slaughterhouse Five
Street Law
Sweet Justice
Tales From the Crypt: Bordello of Blood
They Live
This Island Earth
Treasure Island (1997)
Weird Science

garmonbozia
02-08-03, 11:14 AM
thanks for finding that garmonbozia

your welcome!

garmonbozia
02-08-03, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by DavidK
Tales From the Crypt: Bordello of Blood

also Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight

borisdisco
02-08-03, 11:41 AM
Song of the South

Gunshy
02-08-03, 01:30 PM
The Terminator 2 ltd edition in the metal slipcase is pretty much gone from store shelves around here. I am holding 2 sealed copes just because, not cause I think they will ever fetch big kahunas but I might have kids who want them or friends...

The initial non-anamorphic signed edition of Koyaanisqatsi was a very ltd pressing. Though replaced by a different and superior(depending on what you want/need) release, it is still a rarity.

Did anyone else get in on the Norelco promo where you buy a 'lectric razor and get a ltd. James Bond DVD? I snagged one as I needed to shave anyway. I cannot find a reference to or an auction for this little DVD anywhere on the web so it might just be a true rarity [clasps disc to chest].

There are still some MGM snapper/keep case first pressings that go for big kahunas IE Forbidden Planet, some of the Bond films despite their re-releases.

-Gunshy

Giles
02-08-03, 04:40 PM
also Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight

Wasn't this film released in the theatres with DD/DTS 5.1 sound?cause I don't think the DVD was released as such, hence a proper rerelease with correct audio tracks would be great.

RobCA
02-08-03, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by DavidK
Here's a list of most of them. I may be missing a few. They were all Universal pictures that were released by Image in snapper cases. One that's missing is Amazon Women on the Moon. If I didn't love the movie so much, I'd be tempted to sell mine on eBay. :) I bought it at Suncoast for $9.99 before it went OOP; I wish I'd bought a few more! :D What I really wish is that they'd re-release it as an SE; the one I have is bare-bones, and P&S to boot! :o

Rob

DavidK
02-08-03, 06:39 PM
Hello,

I realized that I had edited my list at some point and removed the first few of the Image Universals that I had already added to my collection. Missing from my earlier list were

Amazon Women on the Moon
Cat People (1982)
Double Indemnity
Duck Soup
Flash Gordon
Horse Feathers
Mad Dog and Glory
Marx Brothers Box Set
Midnight Run
Monkey Business
Monty Pythonís The Meaning of Life
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

Sorry!

WiccanPagan
02-09-03, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by borisdisco
Song of the South has never been rleased to us audiences in any format.

caipirina
02-09-03, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Souljahh
Seven Samurai first pressing.

How would I know it is the first pressing ? I may actually have that one, and would maybe upload it to ebay :)

P

DarthMaul420
02-09-03, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by caipirina
How would I know it is the first pressing ? I may actually have that one, and would maybe upload it to ebay :)

P

If it has the restoration doc on it.

Sem
02-09-03, 07:11 PM
If it has the restoration doc on it.

What is the current price of this on eBay?

DarthMaul420
02-09-03, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Sem
What is the current price of this on eBay?

I've seen it go for as low as 50. Some Amazon sellers want like 200 for it. -rolleyes-

siberianhusky
02-09-03, 08:07 PM
I've seen it go for as low as 50. Some Amazon sellers want like 200 for it. -rolleyes- Sorry for going off topic, But darth where is ashley?

DarthMaul420
02-09-03, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by siberianhusky
Sorry for going off topic, But darth where is ashley?

Right next to Wilkes-Barre which is outside Scranton!

The Nature Boy
05-08-04, 02:25 PM
A few other OOP stuff:

The Charlie Chaplin discs that Image released, most of note:
City Lights
The Gold Rush
Modern Times
The Great Dictator

HBO's release of Wuthering Heights (1939)

The Decalogue

All of the Universal titles that Image released including the 5 Marx Brothers discs, Sixteen Candles, Fahrenheit 451, and many others...

Is all this back in print?

ThatGuamGuy
05-08-04, 03:58 PM
The Image Marx brothers movies are not yet back in print, no. They're 'The Cocoanuts', 'Animal Crackers', 'Horse Feathers', 'Monkey Business', and 'Duck Soup'.

The Chaplins and The Decalogue I know are back in print, the others I'm not sure.

Brent L
05-08-04, 07:33 PM
Why has Ed Wood gone unmentioned?

Brent L
05-08-04, 07:37 PM
D'oh, nevermind. I just realized that this is an old topic just bumped up.

drjay
05-09-04, 03:40 AM
I snagged Rabid Dogs for $90 for a mint cond. off half.com a few months ago (after keeping an eye out for a LONG time). Someone on eBay in the UK is selling DVD-R'ed copies (since it's only a DVD-5) for like $25US. Also of note is that Kismet Entertainment (who now owns the rights to Bava's catalogue, I believe) is planning on remaking 13 Bava movies, and out of the first two, one is a Rabid Dogs remake. It's being written by an unknown named Jeff Davis (http://imdb.com/name/nm1471491/) who is apparently a recent graduate student from USC, and I think they're planning on having Kevin Williamson (http://imdb.com/name/nm0932078/) produce it and distribute via Dimension or somesuch. I googled it a while ago but can't remember for sure. Hopefully they don't turn this Bava masterwork into some terrible neo-horror movie.

Austin54
05-09-04, 02:26 PM
Amazon Women on the Moon is be rereleased in July
Austin

Dan Average
05-09-04, 02:56 PM
Why has Ed Wood gone unmentioned?

Because it's not particularly rare and therefore not particularly valuable. Even if Buena Vista never gets around to officially releasing this in the U.S., I can't really see it ever approaching the hysterical price levels achieved by, say, the Criterion Salo.

Brent L
05-09-04, 02:57 PM
It's every bit as rare and valuable than a good many of the DVDs already mentioned.

DouglasRobert
05-09-04, 03:33 PM
I own several, some already mentioned.

Little Shop of Horrors (1986) with B/W Alternate ending included.

The Devils Advocate (With non-digitally altered sculpture)

I Know What You Did Last Summer - with "Scream" mentioning trailer included. Recalled due to trailer and packaging mentioning "Scream", didn't get permission or something.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Movie

Anybody know what these go for?

Brent L
05-09-04, 03:40 PM
What is the alternate ending to LSoH anyway?

Dan Average
05-09-04, 04:10 PM
It's every bit as rare and valuable than a good many of the DVDs already mentioned.

Indeed. And most of those DVDs don't belong in this thread either.

OldBoy
05-09-04, 05:59 PM
i didn't see mention of Criterion: Salo or The Killer. Those fetch hefty prices. I have the latter, not for investment, but for great movie.

I have alt ending of LSoH and the alt ending has the plant eat Seymour and his girl and take over the world with all his plant buddies. it is in black and white and kinda rough. but it is a fun romp nonetheless. hard to find at first, but it is there on the other side (flipper)

Brent L
05-09-04, 07:00 PM
Ha, that sounds great, thanks.

Brent L
04-19-05, 08:46 PM
Klondike Annie

How much is this one going for? I don't see any that have completed on eBay.

benfiltness
04-19-05, 10:11 PM
what is the significane of the Marx Bros. set??? My local Blockbuster has a copy left... is it worth getting??

littlefuzzy
04-20-05, 12:05 AM
RISE FROM THE GRAVE!!!

what is the significane of the Marx Bros. set??? My local Blockbuster has a copy left... is it worth getting??
As this thread is about 2 years old, there have been two newer releases of Marx Bros. films in box sets, rendering the old version worth much less. Anyway, I doubt you would find the old box set at Blockbuster, and it is probably one of the two newer sets (both still in print, and readily available.)

thenetstud
04-20-05, 12:11 AM
Wrestlemania XV, XVI, XVII because of the change from WWF to WWE.

The Bus
04-20-05, 06:52 AM
Just to point out, 80% of the DVDs mentioned here have never gone above $100 on eBay, so your effort/reward ratio is probably not going to be as high as you have hoped.

peter07
04-21-05, 12:49 AM
Aeon Flux is another DVD that can fetch good money. I'm sure it'll be rereleased once the live action movie with Charlize Theron is released.