Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 2-4-03 Killer In Me - SPOILERS, including pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-03, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy 2-4-03 Killer In Me

Really good episode, quite a bit better than the last one. I'm glad we're into sweeps now and will get a new episode every week for a little while now. I'll put the rest in spoiler tags, even though you shouldn't be reading this anyways if you haven't seen the episode yet.

Spoiler:
So the Giles thing seems to be resolved, and it worked out just as expected. They find out he almost died in England, realize that no one has seen him touch anything, and then confront him about it. Of course it really is him (so I assume), although they didn't explain what happened with the Bringer back in England. The thing with the Initivative seems a bit odd. That's an awful lot of soldiers to be sent there, and they would't have know Buffy and Spike would come to the old headquarters. Buffy is now left with repairing or removing Spike's chip, though I can't imagine her not having it removed. That's the only way to give Spike's soul complete control over his actions, to see where he really stands among things.
Old 02-03-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
"Lesbidar" :-)

I didn't really think that this show added a hell of a lot to the First Evil storyline. I think that it tends to be a standalone episode, with some continuing storyline developments thrown in (such as
Spoiler:
the Giles/First Evil thing, even though we do not get a full explanation of how Giles got out of the situation, and Spike's malfunctioning chip).

A bit dissapointing in my opinion, but it seems like things will get back into the swing of things very shortly.
Old 02-03-03, 11:01 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Yum.
Old 02-04-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://home.houston.rr.com/phuzbox/images/willow.JPG (Edited spoiler. D-)

Last edited by Dead; 02-04-03 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-04-03, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Originally posted by Phuzbox
http://home.houston.rr.com/phuzbox/images/willow.JPG (Edited spoiler. D-)
SCHWING!

Last edited by Dead; 02-04-03 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-04-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Uh....YEAH!!!

Spoiler:
I take it that's Willow and someone else?

Last edited by Dead; 02-04-03 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-04-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
Kennedy

Last edited by Dead; 02-04-03 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-04-03, 02:12 PM
Cool New Member

I really really liked this episode and I didn't think it was a filler episode at all. This episode provided really important character development for Willow. With the upcoming epic battle coming, Willow finally has a new lease on life and reason to fight and live for now after losing the love of her life. The "bringing you back to life" fairy tale kiss at the end was really cool too.
Old 02-04-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oops, sorry about the spoiler pic. Thanks for the edit Dead.
Old 02-04-03, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I thought the episode was decent, and that Kennedy chick is really hot. I do have one qualm though. Did anyone else find Buffy's innuendo about the tea extremely irritating? It just reminded me of a cheesy sitcom. I'm starting to find Buffy to be one of the more annoying characters on the show which I am really surprised at because I have always thought she was great.

I also think I have to turn my contrast up because that whole initiative sequence in the dark I couldn't see a damn thing at all. I know it's supposed to be dark but damn.
Old 02-04-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
Was it just me or did this episode seem really dull? I don't think any Giles questions have been resolved.
Old 02-04-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Next week:
Spoiler:
Ashanti... great

Old 02-04-03, 10:01 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Whatever happened to the rumors about Brittney Hemispheres doing some episodes?
Old 02-04-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
Next week:
Spoiler:
Ashanti... great

Am I the only one who thinks she is hot.
Old 02-04-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Whatever happened to the rumors about Brittney Hemispheres doing some episodes?
She was supposed to play the original Sexbot from Season 4 (? Warren's original sexbot...cant' remember if that was 4 or 5). I think she would have done a good job.
Old 02-04-03, 10:57 PM
Banned

Worst. Buffy.Ever.

That episode really stunk. Buffy has run out of steam, next week looks even worse with Ashanti.

Im the first member of the Kennedy Must Die Club, she is a terrible actress and her and Willow have no chemistry whatsoever. I still dont see Willow as Gay, its too bad they ruined a really great character (season 1-4 Willow) and turned her into this boring, angry, confused, lesbian.
Old 02-04-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow...a real tearjerker moment there at the end.

Disappointing that Amy turned out to be such an evil vindictive bitch.
Old 02-04-03, 11:23 PM

I'll be member number 2 of Kennedy Must Die.

Seriously. She fakes sick, skips out on training, lies and tricks Willow into taking her on a date. That's not cute, that's creepy.

I dunno. The relationship feels beyond forced, and the conversation at the Bronze was just clunky. I miss the earlier relationships, that would evolve over time; while I was no fan of Tara, they at least gave things time. Here, it was more like "Let's introduce a bunch of new girls. Willow's single, so let's make one of them gay, and then they can hook up!" Lame.

That said...

Buffy's life revolves around Spike. Don't like it any more than I did last new episode. Until the writers choose to deal with the huge morass of moral issues surrounding whether or not vampires can be good, I refuse to care about the chip issue.

As much as I didn't want him to, Andrew's growing on me. He gets big points for attempting to tell off the First Evil, even if he's still mostly annoying.

If the whole "Giles might be the First!" stuff had taken place a few episodes ago, it would have been perfect. As it played out, it severely stretched my suspension of disbelief (He's been there how long? And they've never seen him eat?) But it was a nice--if improbable--scene now.

Yeah. Amy. Either a pawn of the First, or the lamest Plot Contrivance ever.

I'm really glad they're taking the fight to the First. Otherwise, we'd have to sit through tons of episodes where nothing really happened, designed to fill in the time between Buffy's speech and the season finale.

Last edited by Jlbkwrm; 02-04-03 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-05-03, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
I'll be member number 2 of Kennedy Must Die.

Yeah. Amy. Either a pawn of the First, or the lamest Plot Contrivance ever.

I'm really glad they're taking the fight to the First. Otherwise, we'd have to sit through tons of episodes where nothing really happened, designed to fill in the time between Buffy's speech and the season finale.
Actually, that last part you wrote almost perfectly captures how I felt about this episode. And about Amy, unfortunately, my guess is that it's the latter.

The whole episode seemed forced ("going through the motions") and was truly the first time I've felt totally disappointed in an episode this season.
Old 02-05-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

- I thinks it's time for Willow to change Amy back into a rat and set some traps.

- I had no problems with the other storylines but the scenes with Buffy were boring and that is a shame since it is her show.

- And is it me or is Anya less ditzy this season than she has been in previous seasons?

- What happened to the potential slayer played by Lalaine? I missed the episode where she first showed up., and the imdb. lists her as being in tonights episode which she wasn't.
Old 02-05-03, 01:21 AM
Banned

Pretty good episode although the whole Initiative thing didnt work for me. They just happend to be in there? Huh?
Can they help with "The First" since they are there now?

I thought the whole Amy thing was a bit out there too.
They never resolved the whole Giles thing though. They all still there in the desert?

I have to say Andrew is growing on me too. I hate him and the other guys last season. They are good comic relief but not good villans. I liked the interplay between Xander and him.
I think Xander realized they are more alike they he would care to admit.

Dawn? Useless as usual.
Old 02-05-03, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a good episode...pretty intense...And as far as Willow is concerned, I liked the earlier seasons Willow much better, this whole gay thing, is just not cool. and yea, let's hope Kennedy gets whacked!
Old 02-05-03, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
After thinking about the episode I'm going to have to recall my vote of decent for the episode. It actually bordered on bad for me, and I am a die-hard Buffy fan.

I do disagree about Kennedy being creepy though. She's a young girl with a crush. She's supposed to be in her teens right? When Buffy was younger she made a ridiculous amount of bad decisions with relating to being in love with Angel, so I can forgive Kennedy for skipping out on camping to try to get with Willow.

This episode simply did feel forced, and I really don't like the idea of Willow getting with Kennedy. I liked the whole sexual tension and joke angle of it, but I didn't want to see them get together.
Old 02-05-03, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
Pretty good episode although the whole Initiative thing didnt work for me. They just happend to be in there? Huh?
Can they help with "The First" since they are there now?
I don't believe the Initiatve guys just happened to be there, Buffy called them and asked for help. The head guy mentioned that Riley sent them there. I thought the episode was pretty good. It helped flesh out what's going on in Willow's mind which will probably be important down the line. And I'm guessing / hoping the Initiative plays some part in the Big Bad showdown at the end of the season.
Old 02-05-03, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought last night's episode was entertaining enough, the 3 subplots moved along pretty well. Once I saw Drew Z. Greenberg's name as the writer, I was confident the episode would be entertaining.

If this is not the last season for some for of Buffy, they need to keep Andrew around for Xander's sanity. Andrew's just comical as hell (the free Willow grope was a classic Andrew moment). I'm pretty sure that the writers were just having fun with the viewers w/r/t Giles not "touching" anything since he was shown to about to get his head chopped off. Plus, you have to remember, Giles is British, he's not into the touchy-feely-dealio. It's almost plausible that no one would actually lay a hand on him, plus he's been away for the past few episode, thus limiting his physical interaction with the cast even more.

For a while, I was confused as to Amy being evil, or dead and the First because she wouldn't let Kennedy touch her when Kennedy tried. But I guess in that wiccan meditation-fest, we have to assume that Amy was holding hands with her 2 wicca sisters in the ring. So Amy is just mad at Willow and hexed Willow, a strange development at this particular time. How would Amy know of Kennedy's potential slayer-ness? Is it her wicca sense going off?

Kennedy is growing on me. I found her much more attractive in this episode for some odd reason. I enjoyed Alyson's performance as Willow, the episodes where they spotlight her personal life are enjoyable to me because the writers never forget her innate insecurities (as we knew her as a high school computer geek), even though she's wicca-powerful too.

The Buffy/Spike/chip thing needs to just be gotten over with. They've danced around this issue to death. Just rip it out of his head and be done with it. The dark photography was just awful when they were back inside the Initiative's lair.

Last edited by Patman; 02-05-03 at 06:10 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.