Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GTA Vice City - Cannon Fodder help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
GTA Vice City - Cannon Fodder help

Tried to tackle this mission last night. No problem getting past the barricade. I just come up the alley on the side and use the flame-thrower several times on car to blow it up. Then it is easy to take out the other 2 dudes that are still alive after the car blows up.

I am having trouble getting that sniper. Any helpful suggestions or is it simply as basic as picking that rifle and picking him off. Even with armor and 125 health, I always get cut down pretty quickly.
Old 02-03-03, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm...that sniper never gave me any problems. Just a matter of sniping him pretty quickly. Here's what I do: I take cover behind a building, then run out, face the direction of the sniper, and crouch. Aim and zoom in on the sniper, and take him out.

If I recall correctly, there can be 2 or 3 guys who come up from BEHIND you as well (from the direction of the gate/street). Maybe it's these guys who are blasting you before you get the sniper?

Good luck!
Old 02-03-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cannon fodder. Refresh my memory - who are you dealing with for this mission? The details are not coming to mind right now. With further info I can help.
Old 02-03-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by spankyj
Cannon fodder. Refresh my memory - who are you dealing with for this mission? The details are not coming to mind right now. With further info I can help.

Cubans....I think. You pick up the 3 or 4 Cubans and drive to an alley locations to fight the Haitians. The Haitians are using a car as a barricade. After taking out the car and the Haitians behind it, a Haitian sniper takes out your Cuban friends. Cuban reinforcements are sent in after that. You must take out the sniper.

Thanks DavePack - I'm still a relative newbie at this. I keep forgetting about the crouch option. This may be a stupid question, but how do you zoom in on a target with that rifle.
Old 02-03-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Red Dog - ok - now I know which you are talking about. If I remember right, you can take out the sniper without having to move farther up. When he takes out your friends, I'd pull up my sniper rifle to try and zoom on him. You are too far away to get a clear shot - but if you unload a couple of rounds, you should be able to find your target. There are guys on the ground - but if you stay far enough away, two things will occur.
#1 - The ground guys will not spawn and come out.
#2 - The sniper will not shoot at you.

Good luck!
Old 02-03-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Use your own sniper rifle, and go slow. You can engage and snipe almost all the Haitians long before they can engage you. Use it to your advantage.
Old 02-05-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Thanks guys. Taking out the sniper proved to be easy. I just backed up a good distance, crouched, and took him out. The original problem was that I didn't know how to zoom in with the scope.

What actually proved to be harder was getting the van full of drugs out of the close quarters during the massive shootout. I kept getting pulled out of the drivers seat. Finally got it out though.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.
Old 02-06-03, 03:02 PM

I used the Rocket Launcher.....

How do you zoom in with the sniper rifle?
Old 02-06-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by RickerOne
How do you zoom in with the sniper rifle?

Square button