Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Damn you all :) (another Animal Crossing fan/addict)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Damn you all :) (another Animal Crossing fan/addict)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-03, 03:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Damn you all :)

I finally took the plunge and bought Animal Crossing. I resisted because I was afraid that I would get totally addicted. I was right. I started it yesterday and played it all night. I had to stay up until about 8am to see the Groundhog Day celebration.

2 quick questions that I couldn't find answers to in a search here or in a couple FAQs I found.

Can you store items in furniture? I have an orange box and a green lamp that looks like it has drawers, but I have not been able to open them.

I have made about ten grand so far, but it is slow going with only a shovel and stuff from trees. I don't have an Advance to go to the island. Any tips on finding the fishing rod or making money faster?

Thanks in advance...but damn you all to Heck for talking about this game here and sapping the next 3 months or more of my life away.....
Old 02-02-03, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fishing rod should be availible your next day of playing from nook.

You can store clothing, etc. in dressers. Just hit a in front of them and it will ask you if you want to store or take out something. You can store 3 items in each.
Old 02-02-03, 11:09 PM

Just keep checking the store every day to see if Nook has the fishing rod. I didn't get mine until about my 5th day.

Try hitting rocks with your shovel. Every day, there will be one rock that spits out money when hit. (You can hit it up to six times if you're fast enough). Also look for glowing spots in the ground; dig there to find a bag of 1,000 bells. You can also sell seashells from the beach, but most of them aren't worth much.
Old 02-03-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah it took me awhile to figure that out. Here's a tip. When you want to interact with something in your house (like a drawer), make sure you only "tap" A and not push it very hard or hold it down, otherwise it won't open. Sometimes my sister would have trouble opening closets and such until I told her that.
Old 02-05-03, 05:01 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. I got the fishing rod the next day, so that adds to the slow repayment of my second loan.

My lamp didn't have a drawer afterall, it just looks like one. I finally found a dresser or three. Do I need to save all my clothes?

All my letters are answered with responses such as, 'I can't understand your big words, is this a joke?' I am writing simple letters like, 'Hello, I like you'. What's the trick?
Old 02-05-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You just need to keep the clothes you want to keep. I only ever kept a few shirts and then sold the rest or gave the rest as gifts.

As for letters, I never actually fully figured out what to write either. However, I did usually include gifts like shirts, fruit or shells and then the replies would always include a better gift . I don't think that they ever responded to any of my questions in my letters.