DVD Talk
Whoah...huge plothole found in Reservior Dogs! [ULTRA SPOILERS!] [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Whoah...huge plothole found in Reservior Dogs! [ULTRA SPOILERS!]

isamu
02-02-03, 02:20 PM
I was watching RD last night and noticed something I hadn't noticed before...

SPOILERS

Right towards the end when Joe, Mr. White, and Nice Gay Eddie have their guns pointed at each other there is a serious hole in the plot that has me baffled:

Joe shoots Mr Orange, then Mr White shoots Joe, then Nice Guy Eddie shoots Mr White....BUT...NGE also gets shot! Well, wtf shot NGE? It couldn't of been Mr Pink cuz he was hiding under that ramp like a little bitch! Is this one of the beiggest Tarantino ****ups ever or what?

spainlinx0
02-02-03, 02:26 PM
I believe if you look again Harvey Keitel's character (forgot the color) fires twice. He hits Joe and NGE.

DVDho78DTS
02-02-03, 02:33 PM
Joe shoots Mr Orange, then Mr White shoots Joe, then Nice Guy Eddie shoots Mr White...Mr. White shoots Nice Guy Eddie.

The Antipodean
02-02-03, 03:32 PM
Mr. White fires twice. Look closer, dude.

RyoHazuki
02-02-03, 04:36 PM
Cant this be added to the Dvdtalk faq along with "when is Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Once Upon a time in america coming to dvd?"
Slow motion doesnt take much effort.

caiman
02-02-03, 06:26 PM
Wow, I'm surprised no one has EVER asked this before... it baffles the mind!

Buttmunker
02-02-03, 08:57 PM
I once wondered this myself, but I played the scene over, and over, and over again until I saw the second shot.

(Like the ad for "American Beauty" stated: 'Look Closer')

Mourn
02-02-03, 09:49 PM
I had to go through that scene almost frame by frame to figure out that Keitel shot two of em, but it is there.

borisdisco
02-02-03, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Buttmunker

(Like the ad for "American Beauty" stated: 'Look Closer')

'Look Closer' at what?

joltaddict
02-02-03, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by isamu
huge plothole found in Reservior Dogs

Darth Vader is Lukes father!

:lol: Good lord man! Theres even tshirts saying Who Shot Nice Guy Eddie.

xDareDevilx
02-03-03, 09:45 PM
I figured it out the 1st time I saw it...not to sound like I'm an arrogant bastard who thinks I am god...but when I would watch it with someone else for the 1st time...happens almost everytime...the person is like who shot NGE????? hahah I have to show it in slowmo to them...I didn't even think twice about it the first time I saw it...so this topic always makes me laugh.

Oh well, I'm glad someone finally addressed this issue here in the forums...it's such an "un-talked" about issue....hahahahaha

Goat3001
02-03-03, 10:24 PM
First time I saw it, it was just clear that Mr. White shot both Joe and NGE. It was actually my second viewing when I was like "whoa whoa what happened here?"

d2cheer
02-03-03, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Goat3001
First time I saw it, it was just clear that Mr. White shot both Joe and NGE. It was actually my second viewing when I was like "whoa whoa what happened here?"

Same here! There was a bigger thead on this a few months back also...

caligulathegod
02-03-03, 11:11 PM
And here is that old thread... (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238030)

joltaddict
02-04-03, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by caligulathegod
And here is that old thread... (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238030)

How did isamu post to that thread and still not know? :confused:

isamu
02-04-03, 12:14 AM
:lol: I actually forgot all about that thread and especially after watching the film I was baffled even more despite having already seen it like 8 times.

Still, no one answers the question in that other thread anyway.

joltaddict
02-04-03, 12:20 AM
I guess it really wasnt a spoiler! :D

caligulathegod
02-04-03, 05:40 AM

Still, no one answers the question in that other thread anyway. Of course they do. It's in maybe the second or third post and in several of the other posts. It was a squib that went off too fast to be clear what happened added to the fact that Harvey never aims directly at the other actors. The commentary actually explains it.

Tyler_Durden
02-04-03, 01:13 PM
Nice Gay Eddie I believe this is the root of the problem. In your raging homophobia you didn't look closely enough. :)