Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

AC/DC Reissues coming in Feb & Mar.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

AC/DC Reissues coming in Feb & Mar.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first fruit of AC/DC's new deal with Epic will arrived on Feb. 18, when the label reissued 6 of the band's CDs. Each of these records has been Digitally Remastered from the original mix-down 2-track masters for unprecedented sonic brilliance.

The reissues will unlock ConnecteD websites for each album which will offer exclusive access to rare and unreleased audio, video and graphic elements

HIGH VOLTAGE REISSUE HIGHLIGHTS
• DIGITALLY REMASTERED • Deluxe digipak includes all original LP artwork.
• 16 page full color booklet contains many unpublished photos, classic memorabilia, and new liner notes by Murray Engelheart.

DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP REISSUE HIGHLIGHTS
• 16 page full color booklet contains many unpublished photos, classic memorabilia, and new liner notes by David Wild.

HIGHWAY TO HELL REISSUE HIGHLIGHTS
• 16 page full color booklet contains many unpublished photos, classic memorabilia, and new liner notes by Ernie Welch.

BACK IN BLACK REISSUE HIGHLIGHTS
• DIGITALLY REMASTERED • Deluxe digipak embossed - just like the original LP!
• 16 page booklet contains many unpublished photos, classic memorabilia, and new liner notes by Rolling Stone's David Fricke.

AC/DC LIVE REISSUE HIGHLIGHTS
• DIGITALLY REMASTERED • Deluxe digipak includes all original packaging.
• contains many unpublished photos, classic memorabilia, and new liner notes by Don Kaye.
(SINGLE CD) • 12 page full color booklet
(2 CD set) • 16 page full color booklet

They will be followed on March 25 with reissues of "Let There Be Rock," "Powerage," "For Those About To Rock, We Salute You," "Who Made Who," and "The Razor's Edge"

The reissues do not feature any additional tracks, but have been remastered and sport new liner notes and rare photos. They will also utilize Sony's proprietary ConnecteD technology to unlock special online content created for each release.

The rights to AC/DC's past two studio records, 1995's "Ballbreaker" and 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip," will remain with East West/Elektra, which will also issue the group's next studio album.

On Feb. 18, Image Entertainment will release the DVD "Rockmasters -- AC/DC," capturing an Oct. 27, 1977, concert in London. The video finds the band, at the time fronted by the late Bon Scott, running through such favorites as "Let There Be Rock," "T.N.T.," and "Bad Boy Boogie."

Last edited by bigjim25; 02-18-03 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-30-03, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll probably consider the Bon Scott era stuff. Really don't like anything after he died.
Old 01-31-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been meaning to get the remastered cd of "Back in Black" and now it will be remastered again? Hmmm.
Old 01-31-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just bought all their cds and then these come out? Why am I not surprised? I am a huge fan but will pass on these. I just don't have the money, and digipacks suck.
Old 01-31-03, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, what's the deal with these re-remasters? Thankfully, I've only got High Voltage from the last round, and Back in Black from the Bonfire box. I'll wait til I read some comparative reviews before buying either the old or new remasters now.
Old 01-31-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Can't we just get a decent non-live greatest hits/best of????
Old 01-31-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
Can't we just get a decent non-live greatest hits/best of????
I think the reason there has never been one is they want "Back In Black" to keep selling. I bet their old label wishes they had put one out though. That was an opportunity lost.
Old 01-31-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Personally I don't like greatest hits collections... I like to listen to tracks in context with their original albums.

I must admit that I have all the AC/DC albums as MP3s, but I definitely wouldn't mind owning classic albums like Highway To Hell and Back In Black on CD.
Old 01-31-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They've already been remastered once...and the strangest thing was that in the recent past there were TV commercials advertising Back in Black as if it were a new release.
Old 01-31-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Heh. I'm still listening to my old LPs.

Might consider getting "Back in Black," "Dirty Deeds," and "Highway," though.

Any truth to the rumor that they're replacing the drum and bass tracks with newly recorded versions by studio musicians?
Old 01-31-03, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh-da-man Any truth to the rumor that they're replacing the drum and bass tracks with newly recorded versions by studio musicians?
Only if Sharon Osbourne is over the releases.
Old 01-31-03, 08:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Surf Monkey
I'll probably consider the Bon Scott era stuff. Really don't like anything after he died.
Word.

Bon Scott-era AC/DC is some of the best music ever created as far as I'm concerned. I am a bit disappointed that the re-issues will not be the Aussie releases of Let There Be Rock and Dirty Deeds...both those albums have some great additional tunes.
Old 02-01-03, 03:51 AM

Looks like a great step foward, anything new is good from this band. And Geoff & Surf, c'mon, you don't like ANYTHING after Highway to hell?
Old 02-01-03, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Ozzy's Bat Head
And Geoff & Surf, c'mon, you don't like ANYTHING after Highway to hell?
Of course I do. Back in Black, Who Made Who, Razor's Edge and Stiff Upper Lip are all good albums - a lot better than any other blues/rock put out in the 80s, 90s and today. However, I just like Bon Scott better than Brian Johnson.

BTW, I think AC/DC's new studio album is slated to come out sometime mid-year.
Old 02-10-03, 10:28 PM

Where is "Fly On The Wall"??? It's the only LP of theirs I like that don't have Bon singing on it.
Old 02-10-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Celtic Bob Where is "Fly On The Wall"???
Don't worry. It's coming out. They are releasing 5 at a time, 6 in February since they're reissuing single & double LIVE. All are being reissued except Ballbreaker & Stiff Upper Lip.
Old 02-11-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by bigjim25
Here's info on the first 6 albums rereleased February 18, 2003. Each of these records has been Digitally Remastered from the original mix-down 2-track masters for unprecedented sonic brilliance.
I'll wait for the reviews to see if they are that much better. Then maybe, maybe I will sell all my old discs and repurchase these. But why do they have to put them out in digipacks? Those things are gonna wear out after time. Jewel cases would have been just fine.
Old 02-11-03, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally posted by Wormwood
But why do they have to put them out in digipacks?
So you'll have to buy them again in a few years.

NOBODY actually likes those little flimsy cardboard packages that get spilled on, crushed, creased, and torn. Except for the record companies, so they don't have to put out a durable product.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 02-11-03 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-11-03, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by bigjim25
Don't worry. It's coming out. They are releasing 5 at a time, 6 in February since they're reissuing single & double LIVE. All are being reissued except Ballbreaker & Stiff Upper Lip.

Excellant,i'll keep an eye out for this one.Thanks allot.
Old 02-11-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ON SALE AT BESTBUY & CIRCUIT CITY starting 2/18:
$7.99 $6.99 DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
$7.99 $7.99 HIGH VOLTAGE
$9.99 $8.99 HIGHWAY TO HELL
$11.99 $10.99 BACK IN BLACK
$11.99 $11.99 AC/DC LIVE (SINGLE CD)
$14.99 $13.99 AC/DC LIVE (2 CD Collector's Edition set)

Last edited by bigjim25; 02-15-03 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-12-03, 01:46 PM

I'll just be sticking to my original Aussie LP's since these reissues are not going to include the original tracklist as those. However, the Aussie coverart is much better than the American releases.

Here's a taste of what to expect:

Dirty Deeds...

High Voltage...

The only other one that is different is Let There Be Rock. The Highway to Hell cover is the same as the U.S. release as far as I know.
Old 02-18-03, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those that have these, how is the quality compared to the current remasters. Unless the difference is like night and day (the Nirvana gh collection sounds so much better than the albums but of course, the albums are classics so. can't get rid of them), I'm not picking these up.
Old 02-19-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey i noticed Flick of the Switch , Jailbreak'74(worth it for the title track!) & Fly on the Wall are not on the reissues list.

Since i don't have those yet.I'd gladly pick up new remastered versions.If not i'll just get the old remasters eventually.
Old 02-19-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Julie Walker
Hey i noticed Flick of the Switch , Jailbreak'74(worth it for the title track!) & Fly on the Wall are not on the reissues list.

Since i don't have those yet.I'd gladly pick up new remastered versions.If not i'll just get the old remasters eventually.
I believe they are coming out in late May if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-20-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I price matched Circuit City's prices today at Best Buy.

Picked up Back in Black, High Voltage and Highway to Hell. I'm still thinking about getting DDDDC, but I do have this on vinyl. I already have the 2 disc live collection so I'm not getting it again.

I played BiB and it sounded great, but I didn't compare it with my old copy. Anyone tried them out?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.