Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

EB Games Coupons

Old 01-30-03, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EB Games Coupons

I am so chapped at EB Games, I went to two seperate locations last week with a printed coupon from the winter sale section of their coupon page. Once I was there I had them pick up Serious Sam and Blood Rayne for me, Serious Sam would have been 9.99 after rebate and Blood Rayne would have been free. When they saw my coupon they tried to tell me it was expired and I told them it was not expired unitl the 31st of January, they then said SORRY, but we cannot accept copies of coupons. I tell you all the business I give them and they bent me over and gave it to me. Why could they not take a printed copy, it was the same as the orginal, if they would give out more coupons and stop hogging them up and giving them out to their friends other people could get one. I could not get those two games and I am still chapped, I am sorry but I am just venting out my frustration, I was wondering if anyone else got messed over by EB GAMES.
Old 01-30-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my eb had stacks of those coupon pages on the counter. Sorry it's so late in the month otherwise I would have mailed you one.

I love my eb, the people there are smart and helpful.
Old 01-30-03, 01:52 PM

What I like to do when they have those coupon cheats is take quite a few at one time, make sure that doesnt happen to me.
Old 01-30-03, 06:22 PM

I can deal with the fact that they may not have any coupons in the store....That happens later on in the month....What i cannot deal with is the employees attitudes....When these people say that they are out of the coupons, I feel as if they are lying....If the deals werent so damn good, I would stay far away from EB
Old 01-30-03, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have three flyers here, they had a stack of them at the store.

I agree, they are punks at EB, i would almost gaurantee they get comissions based on they way they handle coupons and there shady CS
Old 01-31-03, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have a real problem with employees not knowing about their store promotions or with their service, talk with the store manager. If the manager doesn't apologize or even seem to care, take names and speak with the district manager.

In these economic times, companies can't afford to have dissatisfied customers or have employees who don't care about the company they work for.

I don't usually buy things at EB unless the price is just too good to pass up and I can't find another place to price match. Anything I decide to pay full price for, I either go to Best Buy or Circuit City. I agree, most employees at EB don't seem to care about what goes on there, which ruins it for the employees who do care.
Old 02-01-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The EB by me still had them in a display last night. I picked up both Bloodrayne and Hunter: The Reckoning for the Cube. I got the $5 off Hunter, and for some reason Bloodrayne rang up at $14.99. So, before the $20 Mail-In for Bloodrayne, I paid $21.63. Total cost, including rebate/coupon is $1.63.