Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Odd size digital picture printing?

cardinal
01-30-03, 03:51 AM
Hopefully someone can help me with this:
I took a series of pictures and had PhotoStitch stitch them together into a large panorama. I want to get the image printed but the major image printing sites (ofoto, shutterfly, snapfish) only seem to print the usual picture sizes. To make sure it would look good printed, I had it printed as a 4 x 6, and it convinced me that I needed to get it printed at the correct dimensions (15 x 5 in)... Is there any way to get this printed? Thanks in advance.

cardinal.

danw
01-30-03, 09:01 AM
I've had the same problem printing panoramas with Snapfish and Ofoto. You have to add a white border so that it fits a normal size print.

Er, make it look letterboxed, like watching widescreen on a 4:3 TV. :)

cardinal
01-30-03, 09:45 PM
I've had the same problem printing panoramas with Snapfish and Ofoto. You have to add a white border so that it fits a normal size print.

Yeah, thats what I had Shutterfly do when they printed it out the first time, just to make sure that it looked OK. But now I want to get it printed without the border on a 15 x 5 inch cut of paper. Is this possible on the web? Does Kinko's do something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cardinal.

zuffy
01-30-03, 10:22 PM
www.ezprints.com does panorama prints for a decent price. Print quality is good too.

cardinal
01-30-03, 11:45 PM
Thanks zuffy! exactly what i was looking for...

cardinal.

bdshort
01-31-03, 02:05 AM
I was going to suggest ezprints too. I havent tried their panoramic prints, but I've been mostly impressed with their other stuff. I love the texture of their matte paper (it barely has any, unlike the somewhat pebbly texture of the matte paper the local wal-mart uses) and colors seem very accurate. Some of the photos I've received back had some visible lines, mostly in light, solid color areas (like skies), but overall it's the best online printer I've found.

danw
01-31-03, 09:15 AM
You could have made a panoramic print easy enough. You'd need a high-tech, hard-to-use tool, though: scissors.

That's how I do it.

zuffy
01-31-03, 02:28 PM
Using the scissor can be a good idea if you have great control of it, I don't :lol:. I would rather use a razorblade with a very long ruler to get a nice clean cut. Also, Ofoto and other printshops that will not print panorama have a maximum size of 20 x 30. What if you want a wider print?