Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

anyone remember wb's my guide to being a rock star?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-03, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking of this with my sister while watching tonight's dawson's creek. oliver hudson rocks . i don't think we got the whole series where i was, but was curious if there was another way to get it. or if it even finished. i enjoied it a lot from the few episodes i did get to watch. rather entertaining.
Old 01-30-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember the show, but I don't remember what happened to it. I think it was a summer series that was limited. Or I could be wrong - maybe it just didn't have enough ratings and got axed by the WB.

I doubt it would ever be released on DVD, or even repeat on a cable channel. Sorry...I've had a few favorites that turned out to be short-lived.
Old 01-30-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember when this show aired last year I started a thread on here, and absolutely no one posted to it so I assumed I was the only person who watched it.

I think it was on last winter about this time.

They only showed about 4 episodes tops before it was yanked.
Old 01-30-03, 02:38 PM

jadzia: i watched it too. looks like we are lone sailors in this boat. i didn't think it ended but from the couple that i saw i liked it. too bad.
Old 01-30-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to recall they stopped showing it on Thursday nights to make way for ANgel re-runs and then they yanked those too.

The WB hasn't had much luck with Thursday nights.

I thought the show was kind of cute, although it made me laugh sometimes at how they depicted the band. It was a little naive about it, butit was cute.

It kind of reminded me of a more modern "Square Pegs".
Old 01-30-03, 03:30 PM

i faintly remembering one of the episodes where hudson was being stalked by a group of about 12 year olds as his fan club. that was great. and the girl in the band was cool, too.

oh well i guess this is yet another case where reminiscing is not a good thing.
Old 02-03-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched it and liked it. They only aired 5 or 6 eps and didn't air 2 or 3 eps that were already finished. It was supposed to be a six week engagement but they didn't fulfill their end (a couple of weeks they aired two new eps - I think there were 11 or 12 eps scheduled in total). I'm still a bit irked they didn't at least air the eps that were already done. Heck, pick a random 2-4am block of time and just air them for those of us who liked it. Who needs another random sitcom repeat anyway?