Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Rush News.....

Old 01-29-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Rush News.....

My buddy sent this to me and I think many of you probably already know about this stuff...but then again, I didn't know so there are bound to be others who don't know.....

Hey all you Rush fans!

Alex and Geddy will be on Rockline Wednesday, February 5, 2003 (11:30pm _ 1:00am EST). They’ll be live from New York City with Rockline host Bob Coburn. Check your local listings for a station in your area that carries the program.

The guys are currently supporting the release of the new CD “The Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits (1974-1987)”. The track listing:
“Working Man”
“Fly By Night”
“2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx”
“Closer To The Heart”
“The Trees”
“The Sprit of Radio”
“Freewill”
“Limelight”
“Tom Sawyer”
“Red Barchetta”
“New World Man”
“Subdivisions”
“Distant Early Warning”
“The Big Money”
“Force Ten”
“Time Stand Still”

Make sure to order now and obtain your limited edition DVD that accompanies the CD. Videos include “Closer To The Heart”, “Tom Sawyer”, “Subdivisions”, “The Big Money” and “Mystic Rhythms”. Get it now at The Rush Backstage Club ( http://www.rushbackstage.com ) and receive a free sticker as well!

Keep your eyes on VH-1 for an upcoming in-depth interview with Alex and Geddy.

The Vapor Trails 2002 tour is now over, but for all of you who weren’t able to see a show, or weren’t able to see as many shows as you’d like _ look for a new live concert DVD out later this year!

“RUSH IN RIO” will be a 2-Disc set containing Rush live in concert, filmed during the Rio de Janeiro show last November, plus an exclusive mini-documentary and behind the scenes footage of guys on tour while in Brazil, written and directed by Rush photographer Andrew MacNaughtan. The DVD set will have worldwide release in a variety of international formats. As well, look forward to special packaging and artwork designed by Hugh Syme.

Don’t forget to check out Dukey the dog interviewing Geddy Lee. Hear all about the Econoline vans and the dryers!
Go to Rush.com, click on “Band”, then click on “Geddy”
DIAL-UP CONNECTIONS _ be prepared, it will take a long time to load. Be patient, it’s well worth the wait!
Old 01-29-03, 11:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so will they record another album????
Old 01-29-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got the email as well.

What the hell...Rush, promoting something...has hell frozen over?
Old 01-30-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Another greatest hits collection? Are they turning into KISS?

Good track selection for the casual fan though. Killer cover!

Can't wait for the live DVD. VH1 classic ran a video featuring live footage from throughout their career, focusing mostly on the current tour. Looked great.

Are the videos on the limited edition DVD the same ones that are on the Chronicles DVD?
Old 01-30-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The videos are the same as the Chronicles release.

Rush actually has no real part in this release, it is a Mercury/Universal release and they really have no say in what they do. They did lobby to get Hugh Syme to do the artwork.

Chronicles was a rush job, no pun intended. Geddy, Alex, and Neil had no part in that comp, hense the lame artwork. They did have a hand in the track listing and the artwork for the Retrospectives.

If you really want a good deal of Rush info I suggest you check out the boards at www.rushmessageboard.com
Old 01-30-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be awesome if they actually get around to releasing the live DVD this time...last time I hear there was a timecode problem and that's why there's no test for echo live video. In the meantime, I have exit stage left on DVD from Japan and soon I can hopefully get the show of hands or whichever it is from cdbrazil.com.
Old 01-30-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
That would be awesome if they actually get around to releasing the live DVD this time...last time I hear there was a timecode problem and that's why there's no test for echo live video. In the meantime, I have exit stage left on DVD from Japan and soon I can hopefully get the show of hands or whichever it is from cdbrazil.com.
The A Show Of Hands dvd is pretty good actually. I just wish they put a PCM track on it. The only options are DD 2.0 and DD 5.1. The 5.1 really isn't impressive, it doesn't even sound 5.1. But hell, at least it is a Rush show on DVD.