Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Where is the Friends apartment building?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-25-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to NYC in April and my friend is going to take me around (picture in front of Tom's Resteraunt, etc)... but can anyone tell me what street the building they use for the Friends apartment building shots is on? I know it is somewhere in Greenwich Village, I think

Also... any other cool tv places to see for those who have been? I'm not going to take any bus tours, although the Kramer one would probably be fun heh. Can't go see Conan either since I will be arriving too late probably on Friday.
Old 01-25-03, 03:00 PM

If you're a NewsRadio fan, the building used for the exterior shots is on Broadway & 40th Street (even though the show takes place on 59th & Madison).
Old 01-25-03, 03:29 PM
Banned

You're kidding right? You can't walk two blocks in NYC without seeing something that was used in a movie or TV show.

Do you watch Letterman? Rupert's "Hello Delli" is right around the corner from the Ed Sullivan theatre. The Cosby show was in Brooklyn Heights. I could go on, but I would have to stop sometime.
Old 01-25-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Ohhhhhhh...you mean actual locations...

I was going to say in the imaginary world that's only inhabited by yuppies and their kind...

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Old 01-25-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bust
You're kidding right? You can't walk two blocks in NYC without seeing something that was used in a movie or TV show.

Do you watch Letterman? Rupert's "Hello Delli" is right around the corner from the Ed Sullivan theatre. The Cosby show was in Brooklyn Heights. I could go on, but I would have to stop sometime.
Well I am not a fan of every tv show and movie now am I? And you couldn't pay me to watch Letterman

areacode212 -- thanks for that, I am indeed a Newsradio fan.

In anycase, no one knows the street the Friends apartment is on?
Old 01-26-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
but can anyone tell me what street the building they use for the Friends apartment building shots is on?

I believe they live on 123 Whitey Avenue. It's located in the white district of NYC. Central Perk is right down the street, on Segregation Street.
Old 01-26-03, 01:01 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Seantn
I believe they live on 123 Whitey Avenue. It's located in the white district of NYC. Central Perk is right down the street, on Segregation Street.

Whitey Avenue!!
Old 01-26-03, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know the specific address, but it's definitely supposed to be somewhere in Greenwich village, probably near Macdougal Street.
Old 01-26-03, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dont mean to be a smart ass but, isnt it a fictional building and coffee shop built on a set in LA? I dont think it's filmed on location.
Old 01-26-03, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Seantn
LMMFAO

Originally posted by uli2000
I dont mean to be a smart ass but, isnt it a fictional building and coffee shop built on a set in LA? I dont think it's filmed on location.
Yeah, but they shoot exterior shots. Which is what they show as they segue between outdoor/indoor scenes. At least, i'm assuming. I refuse to watch this show. Never have. Never will.
Old 01-26-03, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The show is filmed on the Warner Brothers lot in Los Angeles (Burbank).
Old 01-26-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think he's referring to the actual exterior shots of the building they show. While the exterior of Central Perk is a set, the exterior of the apartment is not. I mean, it's not like they built a 15 story apartment building in Burbank just for a three second segue shot.
Old 01-26-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damnit...

Everyone has beaten me to it. I was going to say "On an alternate Earth peopled entirely by Caucasians..."

Seinfeld used to get a lot of complaints on that score, but that show was What's Happening? compared to Friends
Old 01-26-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The friends apartment "building" is located in a sound stage.
Old 01-26-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I am obviously referring to the EXTERIOR shots they use.

Maybe they told me on that TV Roadtrip thing I taped that John Ritter hosted... Ill have to pull that out.

And if you don't like Friends then why the hell even click on the thread. You have issues.
Old 01-27-03, 02:03 PM

Here is the site: http://jacksbistro.freeservers.com/tvroadtrip.html which lists the the Friends apartment building at 90 Bedford Street in Greenwich Village.