Farscape -- "Twice Shy" 01.24.2003

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-03, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually saw this ep on Monday [perhaps I should've followed the TV Talk tradition and posted then...? ]

ANYways...

*Sigh* Yet another good ep. But, i'm thinking...since Sci-Fi is so interested in the kind of bottom-feeding audience that watchs the Dream Team & its ilk, they should've forced Kemper to make Chiana kiss Charlotte then they would've gotten some press like Fastlane.

Gotta admit though...I was kinda taken in by Scorpy. Then again, I was sorta taken in by Sherry Palmer so what do I know?
Old 01-25-03, 08:36 PM
Banned

Hey Rouge,

Why do the discussions on this get smaller every week?
Has most everyone given up, including Das?

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. There was some great character moments and the scenes between John and Areyn were stellar as usual.
It so sad watching it know that we wont get to see a real end of the show.

The writing is so much better than that other Sci Fi show on UPN.
Old 01-25-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I'm sure this was an innocent mistake Cooper, [and i'll forgive you since you're a fellow Farscape fan...] but it's R O G U E. R O G U E. dangit.

About the discussions...I know. Pretty soon it'll be just me and you going back and forth. [kinda like now...hmmm ]

As far as das is concerned, I have spoken with him about this very subject, and chances are he will not be posting in a Farscape thread for a while. [So we'll just have to keep track of all the weekly threads for him at the conclusion of the Dream Team Channel's season] He explained his reasons, and I totally understand where he's coming from.

Ya know, sometime's the internet is a great thing. Other times, it could be the worst invention ever created. Before migrating over here, I used to frequent AMP daily. [Alt.Music.Prince] One of the posters on there made a statement...

"BUT...it seems the best way to be a Prince fan is this: STAY OFF THE INTERNET."

This seems to apply to Farscape too. The [catalogued] list of shady things that the Dream Team Channel has pulled regarding Farscape makes me sick to my stomach. As far as i'm concerned, once the final episode of Farscape is shown, that will be the last time the Dream Team Channel will be seen in my house.

Even if they decided to put together a show which featured Eliza Dushku [Faith] & Trish Stratus [WWE Raw] nude rolling around in Jello [or bouncing on trampolines] I would not watch again. [But i'd be VERY tempted...hey, i'm MALE ]

So...to sum up my long, rambling rant...It was a good ep. Scorpy's true colours were shown -- FINALLY a kiss! -- And always follow through on your commitments...even if it means you gotta take one for the team.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd i'm spent. Lemme get back to watching Season 1. [For the FIRST time!]

See what's possible with a 'lil work...
Old 01-26-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will join you two since this thread is looking a little lonely . It is always hard to come up with a ton of comments because the show was its usual great self. I really don't understand how they can even contemplate taking it off the air...

I loved when Aeryn finally realized that Crichton was right about the comm usage... and the whole scene with D'argo and Chiana when she realized what she lost.

A great show as usual and when it is gone I will program the laughable Sci-fi channel off my television. They won't care because I am not a Neilsen family, but I will feel better for it.
Old 01-26-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You know, it gets tiring, after so many seasons to come on and say, "This episode was great!"

However, I'll chime in.....I'm just as faithful as ever to 'Scape.
I really think this season is following the path of season 2 very closely where you go along for a few episodes with only hints along the way that things are slightly askew....and at a certain point, BAM....

Scorpy may be one of the best characters on television.....I know he's evil, but damn I love him...and DK and crew are finally giving us hints of what him and Sikozu are up too.

With the last few minutes of the show, the season started coming together....John taking the forget me buds, Scorpy acting nice.

What makes me sad is that this storyline was probably plotted to last into next season...so we'll forever have that cliffhanger.

Sci-Fi's only on in my house for one hour a week....so Sci-Fi can bring in the Dream Team, I won't be watching.
Old 01-26-03, 01:11 PM
Banned

Sorry about the wrong spelling. Oooops.
Read your followup post but not sure why Das is not posting here but is posting on other subjects. What does our opinions about the last few episodes have to do with our dislike of the channel?
I agree with you guys about the way the show was treated and I wont be watching the channel either after the last episode is shown.
Old 01-26-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cooper2000
Sorry about the wrong spelling. Oooops.
Read your followup post but not sure why Das is not posting here but is posting on other subjects. What does our opinions about the last few episodes have to do with our dislike of the channel?
I agree with you guys about the way the show was treated and I wont be watching the channel either after the last episode is shown.
My guess is that Das can't discuss the episodes without becoming angry over the fate of the series and the outrageous lies told by Ms. Hammer and her cronies. I found myself doing the same thing when I posted. It probably isn't healthy to get angry over and over again... especially when it isn't looking all that great for Farscape.
Old 01-29-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ratings are in:

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/ar...php?newsid=229

1.3 at 8PM. 0.6 at 12:30AM.

Up a bit from last week (but with fewer people watching the repeated show, which now airs 30 minutes later). Interesting to note that The Dream Team only got a .4 rating at 11PM
Old 01-29-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
Great episode as always and now that they seem to have dropped the Babylon 5 reruns, it's the only show on the Sci-fi channel that interests me. I do wonder in what way The Dream Team is sci-fi. I'm pretty generous in my definition and am willing to include any speculative fiction (fantasy, supernatural horror and science fiction--even if sci-fi isn't really sf) but a call in show about dreams seems pathetic. I wonder how it even got a .4 rating (I guess some people will watch anything.)

tasha
Old 01-29-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a stretch to call most of what Sci-Fi plays Science Fiction.

Knight Rider?!?
Old 01-29-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Chew9
It's a stretch to call most of what Sci-Fi plays Science Fiction.

Knight Rider?!?
*cough*Braveheart*cough*