Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

'The Surreal Life' - 1/23/03

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'The Surreal Life' - 1/23/03

Just when you think Corey Feldman can't be a bigger loser, he has a surprise or two up his sleeve. Anyone buy his album yet?

das
Old 01-23-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
always heard him talk about it on Stern.
Loved how Vince saw his "self promoting" for what it was and told the camera what he really thought!
Old 01-23-03, 11:16 PM

"I believe again"
Old 01-24-03, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Corey Feldman is one messed up man. First he hangs up on his fiance and then he tries to sing. And I can't believe someone let him record an album. I don't blame Vince for not wanting to sing with him.
Old 01-24-03, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Vince is THE MAN.
Old 01-24-03, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Vince Neil is one laid back dude. to him for not letting Corey Feldman sing along and play his "harp". Hammer wasn't really preachy this episode. I can't believe Manny wasn't into the show, it seems so small and miniscule in comparison to the tv show. He will do the tv reality show, but he won't do the little fundraiser thing? Gimme a break. Did these people honestly believe they wouldn't have to leave the house and do anything? Stupid...

Brande can come cheer at the Super Bowl Party this weekend.
Old 01-24-03, 08:39 AM

I love this show so much. I just have to say that. What a surprisingly great combo of character. It's really funny that Feldman is as much of a putz as we all thought he really was. Notice he's the only one that harps on his own "celebrity"? Need affirmation much? Vince is just my hero. That dude who was talking about him "still being the man" was just so right on. Even singing his silly blues tune he was still cool as hell and sounded great. I loved him calling it like it is, "He [feldman] only wants me on stage because its me".

We got into a discussion about him compared to Tommy Lee these days. How Tommy still postures like a rock star and acts about half his age and then there's Vince in dock shoes and tennis gear and he comes off so much cooler. There's something inherently, again, "cool" about a rock star that knows how old he is and lets himself age while still retaining their personality and that's Vince.

Manny is my other favorite. He just lays me out. Also good to see Hammer is still Hammer under it all.

The Vegas trip is going to be hillarious.

Old 01-24-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I gotta say, this might be the best new show on TV. I wish each episode were four hours long. At least the Vegas one will be 90 minutes (unless by "marathon" they just mean re-runs plus a new one. Anybody?)
Old 01-24-03, 12:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
Vince is THE MAN.

His song wasn't all that bad.
Old 01-24-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IMHO,
THIS is the only true reality show on TV. The others are so scrited, and this thing is just letting these clebrity freaks be themselves.

No one is against "reality" programming more than me, but I will not miss this show!
Old 01-24-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Geofferson

His song wasn't all that bad.
Well, he HAS written seven consecutive Billboard Top 20 albums, and four Billboard Top Ten singles

Old 01-24-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually, isn't Nikki Sixx the major songwriter in the Crue?
Old 01-24-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You mean tell me that Preview they keep airing where he is singing is NOT prank show like Jamie Kennedy? I never watched surreal show but got impression its candid camera with cebs by nonstop airing of Feldmans song in front that crowd. Gah I hope I'm still right, if not...ouch..
Old 01-24-03, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 33,853

the reviews are pretty funny
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music
Old 01-24-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never cared for Motley Crue (and therefore Vince), but I truly felt sorry for him singing backup to Corey. That was simply horrendous. I felt more sorry for him than I did for anyone on American Idol.
Old 01-24-03, 07:10 PM

I love the Amazon review:

(Five Stars!)

Corey's legendary acting ability has been well known for years. This album prooves that Mr. Feldman also possesses incredible musical talents. Consisting mostly of torch songs, this album with have fans of all ages feeling nostalgic for a simpler time when child labor built this country into the super power that it is today.
Several cuts remind me of a young Mel Torme. You can almost smell the Burma-Shave in the air. I think Mr. Feldman better prepare a space on his mantle for a Grammy. This album has not left my Hi-Fi for weeks. Yes, I said album. I am the lucky owner of the super limited edition 78 RPM version. Cheers to you, Mr. Feldman. You've really crafted a timeless classic that will be enjoyed for years to come.
Old 01-24-03, 07:11 PM

by the way, one of the reviewers said he "was one of the lucky ones to have the bonus track of John Lennon's Imagine". God rest Lennon's soul!
Old 01-24-03, 11:50 PM

I'm loving this show!
I was never a crue fan but I gotto say that Vince is the man! And my wife and I were loving that blues song he came up with...

I loved how he kinda sat back while the others tries to figure out how to go shopping in the premiere

looking forword to the vegas trip
I wonder if they will have another season with different celebs?
Old 01-25-03, 12:53 AM

i think they are only together for 10 days (someone confirm). does anyone think this is too short of a time period for them to really get on eachothers nerves? i mean seriously i think if they were there longer the minister would even take a couple hits on feldwoman
Old 01-25-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I don't know... MC Hammer got on my nerves in about three minutes with "Can't Touch This."

And being cooped up with Corey Feldman for five minutes would seem like Hell...
Old 01-25-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I really enjoy this show(guilty pleasure). Feldman is an idiot and a jerk. This show will probably net him a few movies. He's a drama king.
Old 01-26-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I said earlier in this thread that I felt sorry for Vince having to sing with Corey. I just saw some mindblowingly bad Motley Crue video for some ballad with "Home" in the title. I no longer feel sorry for him singing with Corey.
Old 01-26-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by buskerdog
I gotta say, this might be the best new show on TV. I wish each episode were four hours long. At least the Vegas one will be 90 minutes (unless by "marathon" they just mean re-runs plus a new one. Anybody?)
I checked. Their 90 minute "marathon"? Two repeats and a half-hour Vegas episode, run back-to-back-to-back.

Shucks.
Old 01-26-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by atlantamoi
I said earlier in this thread that I felt sorry for Vince having to sing with Corey. I just saw some mindblowingly bad Motley Crue video for some ballad with "Home" in the title. I no longer feel sorry for him singing with Corey.
I'm on my waaaa-aaaayyy
On my wayyy ayyyy
Hoooome sweet hoooooome
Old 01-27-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by djbrown
I checked. Their 90 minute "marathon"? Two repeats and a half-hour Vegas episode, run back-to-back-to-back.

Shucks.
I was afraid that was gonna be the case.

Still, hopefully they'll do a DVD with additional material.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.