Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joe Millionaire 1/20

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe Millionaire 1/20

Good episode tonight. Zora (sp?) HAS to win now. I think they're made for each other. Thoughts? Comments?
Old 01-20-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Dude, he kicked off the best looking one!!!
Idiot!
Old 01-20-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Zora should be the next to get kicked off. Maybe she isn't the biggest gold-digger of the bunch, but she definately is the least fun. She was totally uncomfortable and didn't talk the whole time. I actually thought she would be the one kicked off tonight.

I think the final 2 will be Melissa M and Sarah.
Old 01-20-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
he did kick off the most beautiful lady.
allison.

she had a good personnality and didnt seem to be a gold digger.

wattadope.
Old 01-20-03, 10:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Allison pretty much shot herself in the foot. I find it interesting that she was uncomfortable because he was too uncouth, and Zora was uncomfortable because he was too sophisticated. I think in the long run he probably made the right decision.

That shot of Melissa and Sarah smoking dropped them both to the bottom of the pile for me.
Old 01-20-03, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Groucho
That shot of Melissa and Sarah smoking dropped them both to the bottom of the pile for me.
I missed that, they're now at the bottom of the pile for me too.
Old 01-20-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes when we saw them smoking my wife said "they smoke?". Too bad.

We were favoring Melissa M or Zora although tonight was not her night.

Mojo is so damn skanky and her exposed belly and breasts are definitely grabbing his eye.

We don't really care for Sarah-seems to be a golddigger.

Allison is very pretty, but she doesn't always look great for some reason. I think it's that pale red head thing that Julianne Moore and Nicole Kidman have. Sometimes they look totally hot and other times surprisingly average.

Last edited by Buford T Pusser; 01-20-03 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-20-03, 11:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I was doing some homework with it on in the background, but the Zora date sounded like it was a total disaster. I thought Allison was the cutest girl left and she actually seemed upset.

Anyone else think MoJo is about to turn into MoHo?

to Sarahs sweater collection. That grey one tonight was so tight I'm surprised she was able to breath
Old 01-20-03, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Evan did screw up, but it's because he should have bounced either Melissa M, or Moho, or Sarah. All 3 are gold-digging variety. Evan should have kept Allison.

I loved Zora's reticence, her and Evan have the most secrets between them, she seems fated to be the most mysterious one to Evan, and that might tip the scales in her favor.

That drawing of Melissa M was just too funny. What a boneheaded gift to give a her on your first official date.
Old 01-21-03, 12:12 AM

I don't know about everyone else but I hope the biggest gold digger wins. I can't wait to see the look on her face .
Old 01-21-03, 12:47 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by moviechick
I don't know about everyone else but I hope the biggest gold digger wins. I can't wait to see the look on her face .
I agree. I thought it was a no contest Mojo was the biggest but Sarah showed she's not to far behind.
Old 01-21-03, 12:54 AM
Mod Emeritus

guys huge spoiler for the entire show
Spoiler:
I just heard on Inside Edition from the butler that the guy Joe Millionaire is a real Millionaire and it is going to be revealed on the last show,
Old 01-21-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser

Allison is very pretty, but she doesn't always look great for some reason. I think it's that pale red head thing that Julianne Moore and Nicole Kidman have. Sometimes they look totally hot and other times surprisingly average.
[jerry seinfeld]she's a two face![/jerry seinfeld]

i hope people remember the ep were he had a girlfreind who went from beautiful to fugly from one second to the next.

they called her a two-face.
Old 01-21-03, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
guys huge spoiler for the entire show
Spoiler:
I just heard on Inside Edition from the butler that the guy Joe Millionaire is a real Millionaire and it is going to be revealed on the last show,
thats not anywere on their website. was that on todays show?

he was also on caroline rhea show and told a story about when the guy saw some photos of a very expensive car in a mag. and the way the joe mil reacted showed to the butler that this guy never had this kind of money.

also why would the butler say that when there are still a few shows left that need to air.
Old 01-21-03, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Patman •<HR SIZE=1>Evan did screw up, but it's because he should have bounced either Melissa M, or Moho, or Sarah. All 3 are gold-digging variety. Evan should have kept Allison.

I loved Zora's reticence, her and Evan have the most secrets between them, she seems fated to be the most mysterious one to Evan, and that might tip the scales in her favor.

That drawing of Melissa M was just too funny. What a boneheaded gift to give a her on your first official date.
<HR SIZE=1>

Loved the drawing. Melissa M has the biggest friggin' teeth on the planet in real life, and the portrait just accentuated her negatives. Great gift, jackass.

Speaking of jackass, dumping Allison was really bone-headed. I would have bounced Melissa M just because she seems the most "fake" and willing to say/do anything to keep getting gifts. While that's good for a quick ride, Evan could get better "action" elsewhere. Sarah and Moho would be next in my list, but Sarah's sweater collection is too fantastic, and Moho's too cute to ditch just yet. Gotta keep Zora around for at least one more date; she didn't seem a bit impressed with the overblown date he scheduled ... that's worth a lot of points. But dropping Allison? What are you thinking? So it may never work out, but you have to at least give it a chance. In spite of countless relationship barriers she had put up, she opened the door and let you in, something I'm sure she doesn't do often. You have to pursue that. What a dumbass.

das
Old 01-21-03, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Correct, Allison made the move to show she was not in it for the money, but once she said it wasn't going to work, she was done.

Hojo is just dumb.

I think the other Mellisa will be the final one, and they can hang her portrait in their apt.

Sarah, Mmmm, sweater
Old 01-21-03, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What`s up with Zora??..She was tigther than a Butthole Surfers!!

She definitely needs to get laid!
Old 01-21-03, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You have to keep remembering that some of the stupid things these girls say are when Even is not around. I'm sure his choices would have been different had he been a fly on the wall. Of course, we don't see 95% of their dates either.

I gotta give him props for not just going after the prettiest girls because he clearly has sent the hotties packing. But what he's left with is a bit scary. Melissa is very immature, as is Mojo. Zora is so uncomfy with Evan's "riches" and he has to put himself in her position to realize why she's acting like that. She still is easily the most down-to-earth girl there and I think he really wants that. Hope he can see through her hesitancy... well, that is if we really want a good girl to win. I keep forgetting that I probably want a gold-digger to win since it's not going to be a happy ending.
Old 01-21-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't stand it when Moho does her fake smile, and then does that raised eyebrow thing ... all the time. It's just so transparent and fake. Evan's no brain surgeon, that's for sure. The Butler had it right, Evan has no game for Allison, no idea how to "win" her.

Moho's lack of style and self-awareness (her dreadful hat constantly hitting Evan at the Moulin Rouge) will probably doom her.

Melissa M is a sneaky gold digger who thinks she'll win Evan by just batting her eyes and laughing at his jokes.

Sarah's gold digging nature is brewing up the surface pretty fast. I can't see anything past the physical nature of a relationship with Evan.

Zora could be playing the ultimate game of "playing hard to get" but she lucked up when Allison sabotaged her chances with Evan on the boat. Otherwise, I think Zora would have gotten no jewelry last night. Zora seems to have some self esteem issues, especially in terms of class distinction when it comes to a perceived fiscal imbalance in a budding relationship.

Allison, Allison, Allison, what were you thinking? Well, her romantic/psychological profile (not dealing with the now, always projecting too far ahead in early relationships) made her close off to the possibility of hooking up with Evan in the romantic sense. Booting Allison off might be the biggest regret Evan comes away with on the show.

I'm sure the Butler was hoping that either one of the Melissas would have gotten the boot.
Old 01-21-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dropping Allison was the best thing he could have done. That chick has major mental problems. You can tell that she is not stable at all. My psycho radar was going off big time on her. If anyone does not see this then I am willing to bet you have had women trouble all your life. As far as the smoking. You could tell that Sarah doesn't actually smoke. She was probably just having one like many women do at times. Mellisa probably does smoke though. By the way, that portrait made her look like Babba Boey from Howard Stern!!!
Old 01-21-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Zora certainly seems the most "normal", and based on her awkwardness with the glitz makes her likely the one woman that would be most comfortable with Joe's low income (if in fact that is true).

I still think Melissa M is the cutest, though her smoking knocked her down a notch. I loved that painting of her Allison and her comments were hilarious..........

I predict Sarah is the next to go. She seems a little gold-diggery
Old 01-21-03, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally posted by BDLOU
Dropping Allison was the best thing he could have done. That chick has major mental problems. You can tell that she is not stable at all. My psycho radar was going off big time on her. If anyone does not see this then I am willing to bet you have had women trouble all your life. As far as the smoking. You could tell that Sarah doesn't actually smoke. She was probably just having one like many women do at times. Mellisa probably does smoke though. By the way, that portrait made her look like Babba Boey from Howard Stern!!!
I agree with all of the above. I was glad to see him drop Allison and his stated reason for doing so was right on the money. And the portrait does look like Ba Ba Booey.

Old 01-21-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great Picture icondude!!!
Old 01-21-03, 09:04 AM
Banned

what's with all the "smoking knocked her down" comments?

You guys review for IMDB too?
Old 01-21-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by Scot1458
what's with all the "smoking knocked her down" comments?

You guys review for IMDB too?

I don't like smoking, and attractive girls who smoke are less desirable to me.

Is it really that bizarre of a comment?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.