Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ja Rule and Ashanti get booed in phili! (no article)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

During the halftime show, the fans gave it their all to boo the hell out of them. They both seemed embarassed.
Old 01-19-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, that was awesome, screw Ja Rule..
Old 01-19-03, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched it and it didn't surprise me. Philly boos any type of performer at a sports event. Anyone else remember when Destiny's Child was booed during the NBA Finals a couple years back?
Old 01-19-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They should have been booed, the music was awful! Ashanti (The female singer?) was pretty good but Ja Rule was terrible! Gad, I know why I don't listen to R+B.
Old 01-19-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by the aftermath
I watched it and it didn't surprise me. Philly boos any type of performer at a sports event. Anyone else remember when Destiny's Child was booed during the NBA Finals a couple years back?
THAT'S a bad comparison aftermath. Since all three suck.
Originally posted by Lateralus
Gad, I know why I don't listen to R+B.
PLEASE don't let those two no talents be representitive of contemporary R&B. There are some great bands out there.
Old 01-19-03, 08:46 PM
Suspended

Good they both suck, especially Ja Rule or as I see him a fake 2Pac wanna be.
Old 01-19-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Rhythm & blues?"

"No, rap & bull****!"
Old 01-19-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Everyone gets booed in philly. Kobe got booed off the court last year for winning the all star MVP. Hell, they booed Santa Clause. They booed when the Eagles selected Donavan McNabb
The only way you get cheered in Philly is by sustaining a life-threatening injury like Michael Irvin.
I don't know how Ja Rule and Ashanti sounded, but they couldn't suck as bad as philly fan.
Old 01-19-03, 10:36 PM
Retired

That was awesome.

Ja Rule is one of the most worthless, no-talent acts in music. How does some one with a voice like that become a star?

I have nothing against Ashanti. I just hate that pop R&B type of music in general.
Old 01-20-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by the aftermath
Destiny's Child was in Philly, wearing Lakers shirts.

Old 01-20-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

Was this back when they were a quartet? Perhaps Mamma Knowles outfitted the two that ended up suing with Lakers jerseys.
Old 01-20-03, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Originally posted by The Bus
Destiny's Child was in Philly, wearing Lakers shirts.

One wore a Lakers jersey. One wore a Sixers jersey. one wore a top with both team logos. they thought that was pretty fair. Philly fan didn't. Big suprise.
The next night, with the sixers down 3 games to 1, Sugar Ray was supposed to perform. They were L.A. guys and were very aware of what had happened with Destiny's Child the game before. They wore Philly gear and played their new single...."When It's Over". Philly fan wasn't so crazy about that, either.
Old 01-20-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Those 2 could use a wakeup call. I wonder if Ja Rule and Ashanti will ever have a hit song without performing together.. They should just for a fulltime duet I figure.

Destiney's Child got booed, cause they sounded terrible at the all-star game. Some of my friends are fans, and they were like they sound like sh@t. They deserved to be booed, they got paid pretty well I"m sure, if not, got lots of PR, they could have at least sounded decent.
Old 01-20-03, 01:53 PM

Eh... I think part of it was the performance by the home team in the first half. Almost anyone would have gotten booed at that point.

Of course, having a pair like Ja Rule & Ashanti up there didn't exactly help. Wouldn't you figure that FOX would have picked a pair more likely to go over in Philly (or with the people at the Eagles game)? Of course, outside of some of the Mummers, I really can't think of anything that would have worked.
Old 01-20-03, 07:48 PM

anyone remember run dmc with third eye blind at one of the conference games a few years ago? I think it was Oakland. That set the bar for bad NFL halftime shows and this walked under it with plenty of room.
Old 01-21-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Football is a rock n' roll sport.
Old 01-21-03, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Aghama
"Rhythm & blues?"

"No, rap & bull****!"
Is that a quote from De La Soul? I think I heard that on Buhloone Mind State
Old 01-21-03, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

#1 Philly fans only boo when it is warranted. they don't sit on their hands like other fans.

#2 McNabb did not get booed. the team got booed for not selecting Ricky Williams

#3 Don't wear a Lakers jersey in Philly. Bad idea. Fan or performer...

#4 Kobe got booed because he is a Laker and because he made comments degoatory to his hometown

#5 Santa Claus got booed in 1968 because he was drunk, thin, and his beard was falling off.

#6 JaRule et al got booed because they sucked and for what Scorpio said, football is a rock and roll sport. Who books these halftime shows anyway?
Old 01-21-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

PLEASE[/b] don't let those two no talents be representitive of contemporary R&B. There are some great bands out there. [/B]
Exactly. Ja Rule and Ashitti suck.

But for some real R&B check out:
Dave Hollister
The Transitions
Carl Thomas
Old 01-21-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ja Rule was dumb enough to yell out "last home game at Veterans stadium 'yall, light it up"...

Moron. The 'light it up' was just dumb, and the 'last home game'...what, people are going to play away games there now?

And in an earlier interview, he couldn't even tell you who was in the AFC championship game. Moron.
Old 01-21-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
Everyone gets booed in philly.
You hit the nail on the head.

Does Ja Rule perform only one song? Does he just have a different female performer every couple of months or something?
Old 01-21-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i think Ja Rule is suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-03, 06:42 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by tommy28
i think Ja Rule is suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the looks of it I dont think anyone in here would disagree with ya on that
Old 01-22-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by CRM114
#1 Philly fans only boo when it is warranted. they don't sit on their hands like other fans.

#2 McNabb did not get booed. the team got booed for not selecting Ricky Williams

#3 Don't wear a Lakers jersey in Philly. Bad idea. Fan or performer...

#4 Kobe got booed because he is a Laker and because he made comments degoatory to his hometown

#5 Santa Claus got booed in 1968 because he was drunk, thin, and his beard was falling off.

#6 JaRule et al got booed because they sucked and for what Scorpio said, football is a rock and roll sport. Who books these halftime shows anyway?

I was going to post the same things. Everyone outside of Philly, say that the fans here boo anyone for NO reason. Thats the farthest thing fom the truth.

Originally posted by Decker
The only way you get cheered in Philly is by sustaining a life-threatening injury like Michael Irvin.
As far as the Michael Irving thing, Irving had taunghted the Philly fans for years. At the time of the cheer, no one knew the extent of his injury. Fans in every city cheer all the time when an opponent gets hurt. It was just made into a big deal because it was a premier palyer who had a career ending injury and it was in Philly.
Old 01-22-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Ja Rule and Ashanti get booed in phili! (no article)

Originally posted by Rypro 525
During the halftime show, the fans gave it their all to boo the hell out of them. They both seemed embarassed.
Might it be that they were awful?

Who in the NFL organization thinks that is what the paying customer wants to see or hear?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.