Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

anyone playing Defender ? help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-03, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone playing Defender ? help.

I searched DvD talk and newsgroups and can't find anyone talking about the game (play). The only thing people seem to be interested in is if it has the original arcade game included (it does Not)

I have it for X-box and like it a lot. Good graphics and game play but find it tough as hell.

Any tricks or tips would be great. It was a beotch for me to get past the 4th planet TITAN. Either me, the bridge , or the transport would get blown up & Finaly when all 3 transports got across, one of the tanks got blown up... I couldn't believe it. Anyone else? I am probably just a lame gamer but I also can't believe how difficult the Rookie level is.

My friend said his nephue has it (12yrs old) and found the Rookie level too easy and not much fun, but started playing the Veteran level and really likes it. Is there anyway even though I have it set to Rookie it might be playing at a higher level?

The Nemesis ship has been working best for me... a little faster, auto fire & a smart bomb.

How's your experience been with Defender?
Thanks

Last edited by Booda; 01-19-03 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-19-03, 03:04 PM
Cool New Member

no one playing defender? or just don't want to admit it.
Old 01-19-03, 06:08 PM

I have it, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I only got through the tutorial. I was kinda upset that it played more like a helicopter game. I'll get to it eventually. Did you try gamefaqs.com for help?
Old 01-19-03, 08:02 PM
Cool New Member

C-KR, no but thanks for the tip...

At first I was dissappointed that you couldn't have a 1st person type of view & it seemed a little limited... but I'm really likeing the game now. I think I was just expecting something different and looking for more of a "Flying through Space shooting stuff" game (i.e. Starfox), but this Mission stuff grew on me. I'm also getting more of a hang of it, not just aim and shoot but there's a little strategy involved.?.

I guess what I'm learning of these new console games, (S.Nintendo was my last one) is they don't tell ya much about anything... you just have to figure it out. Kinda like what weapon or ship is good for a certain situation, ect...
I guess that's why I'm looking for a little help. My time is limited as it is and I don't have hours to figure out the basics.

anyway, I'll check that site out. Thanks.