Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tough Enough 1/16: You Make The Final Cut

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tough Enough 1/16: You Make The Final Cut

Go to ToughEnough.com to make the final cut.

For me, I can't decide!!! I've been thinking for about a half-hour and haven't yet came up with a choice. This is tough!
Old 01-16-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buh Bye!

I think it's funny that his pic is labeled "kid4.jpg".
Old 01-17-03, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't wait to see how they are going to play this one out next week. It's kind of a chicken sh*t way out of having to pick who to vote off. Seeing that montage of all five competitors and what they each bring to the ring, it will be a tough decision on who to vote off. But as for the two winners, I am still sticking with my prediction of John and Matt. Did you see that move John executed in the ring? A standing flip into a pin. That was an awesome move. Al said that was the first time he saw it executed perfectly in the ring.
Old 01-17-03, 07:19 AM

A Standing shooting star press. Billy Kidman must be shaking in his boots.

D
Old 01-17-03, 08:02 AM

It would be kind of fun if all five won and they did some kind of group angle, but that's not going to happen.

Eric: Solid, but maybe stolid too. I don't think he has what it takes to stand on his own, but could be a good part of a 'team'.

Jaime: Looks pretty good, but given that last year had two women winners, I don't think has a chance this year. Jaime may have won in earlier years.

John: Good god almighty a mortal lock, unless for some reason he's bounced for not having enough 'personality'. I could see him easily doing some kind of intense character.

Jonah: Biggest of the bunch, personable, annoying. Maybe just a bit too much of a goof; perhaps doesn't take it serious enough. Might have the best promo potential.

Matt: Only downside-- maybe a bit too small.

I agree with WWE Jedi that Matt and John will be the winners, but I won't be surprised if Jonah sneaks in ahead of Matt.

I also think it's bush league that internet voters decide a cut-- not really fair to the participants. You could tell that was a last minute decision-- no mention of it was made before last night, and Big John's promos looked like they were filmed in 2 minutes total.
Old 01-17-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

garbage, garbage, garbage.

i think it's awful that they're having 'fans' vote on who's gonna win it. not for nothing, but all 'we' see is ~24 minutes a week, while they're supposed to be judged by their mentors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

garbage.

i would be really pist if i were in it... who cares who the fans want to see? we don't know anything aside from what's shown on tv... ugh...
Old 01-17-03, 11:11 AM

You guys do know that the WWF fixes a lot of their internet polls. How do you think Trish probably won Diva of the Decade last Thursday?
Old 01-17-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
I voted to eliminate Eric.

Jonah - "the character potential"
John - "the athlete"
Jamie - "the badass girl"
Matt - "the intense one"

Eric...... nothing. So he's good in the ring, so what. Many people are. There's no "IT" factor here. He won't "put asses in seats"

BTW, all TE finalists are on WWE's Byte This online program today
http://www.wwe.com/webcasts/bytethis/

Last edited by GuessWho; 01-17-03 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-17-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this season definitely has the best group of final contestants. The only one left that I really don't care for is Jaime, so I voted for her. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jonah out of their either. I really wouldn't be able to make a call between John, Matt, and Eric though - I think all are worthy.

But who knows who they'll pick. I remember last season I was pissed off that the 2 females one. I thought the 2 guys were a lot more worthy.
Old 01-17-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Bye Jaime... sorry, but I feel the WWE has too many women already. I may get flamed, but who cares... women in the WWE are eye candy. They should be valets like Stacey. The novelty has worn off. In all reality, women's matches are boring unless it's a gimmick match. It's like I'm watching the WNBA.
Old 01-17-03, 12:23 PM

I voted to cut Jonah. It just seems like he doesn't take it seriously. The other four are all solid candidates though. I'm partial to Jamie for some reason that I cannot explain. And John's Standing Shooting Star was pretty eye-opening.

At any rate, I wouldn't be suprised to see any of them win, and I kind of expect to see the "losers" in the WWE at some point.
Old 01-17-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Being the dumb arse that I am I thought I was voting for who I thought should win (don't ask me what I was thinking...it must have been that blow to the head)...unfortunately I voted for Matt... oops..
Old 01-17-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just assumed this voting thing was separate from the actual decision, like they'd take it into consideration. If it's "official," then I fully expect it to be rigged. If it is completely legit, I expect the trainers have decided that all 5 of them are technically and physically able to compete, and they now want to know what the audience thinks from a looks/personality/charisma perspective.

Btw, I voted for Jamie. She's not hot; she doesn't have any charisma; and I really don't know why I'd be interested in watching her. Matt has a great look, and Jonah has potential for a great persona. John has the Standing Shooting Star Press Erik doesn't do anything for me either, but of the two, Jamie bores me the most.

das
Old 01-17-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mkdevo
garbage, garbage, garbage.

i think it's awful that they're having 'fans' vote on who's gonna win it.
wrong, wrong, wrong

The fans DO NOT pick who will win it.

The online vote narrows 5 finalists down to 4. You are choosing an elimination, not a winner.

I believe the WWE still decides the winner from the remaining 4 after the fans' elimination vote.

"You make the final cut" is very diff from "You choose the winners." Besides, in previous TE's, the 2 finalaists were always announced from a group of 4, they're just cutting one now to do the same.

(wwe is very vague, but this is how i interpret it... today's byte this may be more definitive)

Last edited by GuessWho; 01-17-03 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-17-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I voted to oust Jaime. AS mentioned, she isn't very attractive, and the WWE needs to get rid of some of it's female rosters, not add to it.(as in the case of TE2, where are those 2 girls and who really cares?? The guys should have won in the first place).
I definitly think Matt should win one spot. It seems to give it his all, and he has the look and personality for the WWE. Then it's a toss up for me between John and Jonah for the 2nd spot. They both could bring something unique with their individual physical traits and personality.
Old 01-17-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
Besides, in previous TE's, the 2 finalaists were always announced from a group of 4, they're just cutting one now to do the same.
TE1 wasn't a group of four, there were five finalists.

Honk!
Old 01-17-03, 07:46 PM

They're not going to pick that kid who can do the SS Press because of his talent in the ring. If this were the case Josh Matthews would've won the first TE. The WWF is looking for look and charisma.
Old 01-17-03, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by SteveOVig
They're not going to pick that kid who can do the SS Press because of his talent in the ring. If this were the case Josh Matthews would've won the first TE. The WWF is looking for look and charisma.
Josh's talent wasn't able to compensate for his size. That is why he didn't win. Plus Maven was much better than Josh. If Josh had been as good as Maven or Chris, he wouldn't be calling matches for Velocity and doing backstage interviews for Smackdown. He would be in the ring wrestling or at least training to do so.
Old 01-18-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After about a day of thinking, I chose to cut Eric.
I just don't see him performing in the WWE, for some reason. He has the talent to be able to, the look, maybe, but overall I don't think he would win.

As for the winners, I'd be happy to see any combination of the 4 finalists (if Eric does get cut, Matt, Jamie, John and Jonah) get the WWE contact. They all deserve it.
Old 01-18-03, 11:56 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I voted for Jonah just because he gets on my nerves.

If this is fixed, which I'm pretty sure it is, Eric will probably be the final cut. I think Matt and John will win it. The fact that Jonah had doubts about if he wanted to do this will hurt him and Jamie won't make it based on the fact that the 2 girls from the last TE were mistakes.
Old 01-18-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As confirmed on Byte This...

The internet poll is for a cut, not the winers.

The winners will be decided by Al, Big and the others as usual, from the remaining 4 still standing after the Internet cut.
Old 01-22-03, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I cut Jonah as well... he is a big time kiss azz!
Old 01-22-03, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
The winners will be decided by Al, Big and the others as usual, from the remaining 4 still standing after the Internet cut.
I thought the final two that receive the WWE contracts were picked by Vince. That's the way it looked in the first season.