DVD Talk
inputing video cam stuff into pc with a ATI Radeon 64mb DDR video (how do I do it?) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : inputing video cam stuff into pc with a ATI Radeon 64mb DDR video (how do I do it?)

tjr2mental
01-15-03, 11:31 AM
I have a ATI Radeon 64mb DDR video card that has vi/vo, but when I go to input video into my pc that has been recorded on the 8mm camera I get a file that is in a .mp2 format.

I have yet to find a way to get this format to work on my pc, or a way to change the format into a .mpg, or .avi. What am I doing wrong?

When I try to get the ARI player to play the .mp2 file it is just black and runs well past the time that I recorded as a test file, so even though it is the default format that the program records in, the player will not play it.

Anyone ever delt with this before?

Playitagainsam
01-16-03, 12:56 AM
I am not familiar with the card you have, and you don't say which program you use to record.

I use Ulead VideoStudio 6 to capture either from my analog S-Video in or IEEE-1394. I can capture in various formats, but I always go for plain, uncompressed .avi, which I can later transform into whatever I want.

You should probably play with the controls and try to change the capture format.

Just for kicks, try to open the .mp2 file with Windows Media Player... see if that works.

tjr2mental
01-16-03, 04:43 AM
Well, I finally figured out how to do it with the ATI capture program. Just took a bit longer then I thought it would.