Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Trailer Park Boys

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone seen Trailer Park Boys? (from Canada)

Well I just saw the funniest thing to be imported from Canada since Kids In The Hall...Trailer Park Boys.

The synopsis is this. 3 guys, Bubbles, Ricky, and Julian all live in the trailer park and grow pot for a living. They have an archnemesis, the trailer park superintendent, and his lackey. The show is basically about (or aboot ) thier misadventures in the trailer park.

The show looks like it's shot on a Hi8 camera and edited in someone's basement. They drop the F-bomb about every other word, and are always drinking in the show. My friend at work got a tape from a Canadian friend of his with 2 episodes on it. It is extremely funny, in a jackass sort of way, but it's a show with a script and some weak, weak acting.

Anyway, we're looking for more of the show. If anyone has any info about it, please post it here.
Old 12-03-02, 10:04 PM

The third season is coming in the new year. If you want to check out more episodes you could probably download it somewhere online...
Old 01-14-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Trailer Park Boys

My wife came back from her trip to Montreal with a tape of a TV show called "Trailer Park Boys". It's a funny faux reality show about a bunch of slackers that keep trying to hatch schemes to grow killer weed and live off the profits. Any fans out there of this show?
Old 04-07-04, 09:20 AM
Cool New Member

Get ready for Trailer Park Boys

This is a must see!

Trailer Parks Boys is coming to BBC America, starting April 15th at 9:00pm. This is the funniest comedy I have ever seen. It has been in Canada for a few years, and going into their 4th season. The only thing is that Im not sure how much of it is going to be edited because of the language and content. Canada can get away with a lot more. If you find yourself liking it, you can also pick up the DVDs from amazon.ca. Check out the link for more info.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/come...park_boys.jsp#
Old 12-05-08, 05:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Last "Trailer Park Boys" episode to air this sunday

one of, if not the funniest tv show ever

Ricky from Trailer Park Boys just might be the worst character in TV history.

That’s discounting serial killers and cartoon villains, of course. But in the “regular guy” category, Ricky could be the worst.

“That’s hilarious,” said a laughing Robb Wells, who plays Ricky. “I never really thought of it like that.”

It’s the appropriate time to do some summing up with regard to Ricky, Julian (John Paul Tremblay) and Bubbles (Mike Smith). Trailer Park Boys will end its TV life Sunday on Showcase with a final episode titled Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys.

The special will be preceded by a Trailer Park Boys marathon, with episodes selected by the cast and series creator/director Mike Clattenburg.

A second Trailer Park Boys movie has been filmed and will be in theatres in the fall of 2009. But big screens aside, Wells is left to ponder Ricky’s possible placement as the small screen’s all-time character with the least character.

“Ricky has a lot of redeeming qualities, it’s just that he’s not really smart enough to do any better in life,” Wells said. “In Ricky’s mind, he’s doing the best he can, and maybe even better than he thought he could do.

“He has compassion and a lot of heart for his family, but he’s just such an idiot. In his mind he’s always doing the right thing - but obviously he’s not.”

Trailer Park Boys debuted in 2001 and Wells admitted he never thought it would stick around so long, or eventually be so accepted by the mainstream.

“We didn’t know if anyone else would find it funny at all,” Wells said. “But I guess there are a lot of people out there with a screwed-up sense of humour like ours.”

Trailer Park Boys couldn’t really be based on anything ... could it?

“We thought we were dreaming most of it up,” Wells said. “But ironically, when we went to a trailer park to start scouting for the shoot, there actually was a trailer park supervisor, which we didn’t even realize. And in one of the locations that we scouted for Julian’s trailer, there was a guy behind there, living in a shed (as Bubbles does).

“While we thought we were being very extreme with our imaginations, it turned out we weren’t that far off.”

Wells was asked how he would like Trailer Park Boys to be remembered.

“I respect huge shows from the past such as SCTV or even Kids in the Hall, so I’d hate to even try to put ourselves in the same category,” Wells said. “But we were something different and I think Canadians were starved for something original that was Canadian and maybe a little edgy and not so CBC-ish, something without a laugh track.

“It would be great to be remembered that way, as a show that finally opened some doors. We proved you can do something that’s original and maybe low-budget, and it may turn out to be a success.”
Old 12-05-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never seen the show, but I caught the movie on Comedy Central's Secret Stash a few weeks back and thought it was hilarious. When I get some free time I am gonna try and find the show online and watch it.
Old 12-05-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good times boys.
Old 12-06-08, 06:16 AM

That is really sad news, I'm sure they will continue on with a new show but I fucking love Trailer Park Boys! Thanks for the heads up about the special, I didn't think it would air until next year.
Old 12-06-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The winds of shit are blowing....
Old 12-06-08, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Never seen the show, but I caught the movie on Comedy Central's Secret Stash a few weeks back and thought it was hilarious. When I get some free time I am gonna try and find the show online and watch it.
the movie is crap compared to the actual show. not saying that it isnt funny...just that the show is waaay better.

so was there a new season this year or is it just this one special. im sad the show is coming to an end. even though it hasnt been as good since cory and trevor left. it was sill pretty damn funny though. def one of the best shows i have ever seen.
Old 12-08-08, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by chino77
the movie is crap compared to the actual show. not saying that it isnt funny...just that the show is waaay better.

so was there a new season this year or is it just this one special. im sad the show is coming to an end. even though it hasnt been as good since cory and trevor left. it was sill pretty damn funny though. def one of the best shows i have ever seen.
There wasn't a season, just this one special and then the movie for next year and that's the end of it.
Old 12-08-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chino77
Agreed - seeing them reuse some jokes and scenes for the move from the series was a little odd. I just put the movie in it's own universe and not tie it into the seasons.
Old 12-08-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
This guy at youtube has everything TPB related-

http://www.youtube.com/user/tpbcentral?ob=4

Jim Lahey has to be one of the funniest characters ever!
Old 09-08-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Last "Trailer Park Boys" episode to air this sunday

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Jim Lahey has to be one of the funniest characters ever!
Just randonly saw Jim Lahey acting up a shit storm on something called Haven on SyFy.

I only first watched the entire series plus movies this past year, and this is the first time I remember seeing him in something else. I would have paid money to hear him holler "Randy! Time to go release a shit-nami on those shit-iots!"

Jim Lahey's Shit Talk
Old 01-29-12, 04:27 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts
Anyone ever watch Trailer Park Boys?

A bunch of friends recommended it. I watched the first season on Netflix...it was ok I guess..but I don't really find it funny. Does it get better? I see so many positive reviews for it...but I just don't see where its coming from.
Old 01-29-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Anyone ever watch Trailer Park Boys?

I have a couple of friends who love this show. They even went to see a live theater show the guys did in Chicago. I haven't seen it yet.
Old 01-29-12, 05:00 PM

I had this highly recommended to me by a buddy who loaned me the first season on DVD. I didn't find it remotely funny.
Old 01-29-12, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The 1st season was ok, it got pretty good season 2 and 3, but then kept going downhill. The last season should never have been made. I did like the movies though... Fun ride, but mixed bag.
Old 01-29-12, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great show. Jim Lahey is one of the funniest characters ever.
Old 01-29-12, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I loved it!
Old 01-29-12, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just got in this show a few week ago

in season 5 and love it
Old 01-30-12, 09:35 AM

What did you find funny about it? I mean the show wasn't awful. But everyone says its so hilarious.... I didnt laugh at anything.
Old 01-30-12, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

compared to 'comedies" like 2 1/1 men and banger theery it is

maybe laugh track help
Old 01-30-12, 10:22 AM

If you're drawing a conclusion that because I dont find it funny that I watch lowest common denominator comedies with laugh tracks then youre mistaken.

Last edited by dex14; 03-04-13 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-30-12, 11:18 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

One of the best shows ever

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.