Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

OZ 1/12/02 - "See No evil...." (SPOILERS)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-03, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh, what a disappointing episode......

* Beecher is paroled, but stays in OZ for a few more days. Obviously, he does something next week that will keep him in the prison for the rest of the season. The "eyes in the back of my head" tattoo on Schillinger was cool, though.

* The Italians kills Peter Schibetta? Puh-lease, that was idiotic, as the whole evil eye thing had some potential.

* Jazz kills Kirk during a Maxim photo shoot? Who's writing this show now, the WWE?

* Robson and a spoon.... Ugh

* Telemarketing in OZ?

Only 6 more episodes left this season... if they keep churning out medicore episodes like this, I'll be glad to see the show finally end.

-r
Old 01-12-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: OZ 1/12/02 - "See No evil...." (SPOILERS)

Originally posted by jackepstein
Ugh, what a disappointing episode......

...* Telemarketing in OZ?
-r
Hi this is [inmate name] would you possibly be interested in 40 subscriptions to Vibe magazine? No? well eat s**t you c*cksucking prag, I'll cut yer heart out mutherf**ker!
(hangs up phone)
Old 01-12-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

spooning

Old 01-12-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
In the Feb 03 Maxim, those four guys did actually have a photo layout.
Old 01-12-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was a good episode. The Maxim photo shoot was ridiculous. Since when does Maxim do photo shoots of guys? I know Beecher will do something to keep him in, because there is no way he is paroled this early. It showed something in the preview for next week of Keller running out of his cell and Beecher running after him. I bet that has something to do with it. I thought the satan and evil eye storylines had potential to go longer as well, but I guess he felt like ending them.
Old 01-12-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Well, the next time a girl tells me she wants to spoon, I'm hitting the silverware drawer.
Old 01-13-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mediocre episode. They have a lot of storylines to close in 6 episodes!
Old 01-13-03, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Blaster1
I thought the satan and evil eye storylines had potential to go longer as well, but I guess he felt like ending them.
Maybe I watch too many horror movies but I don't think the Satan storyline is over just yet . When Kirk was killed there was a flash and Hoyt started to freak out, it seemed like whatever was in Kirk had been passed on to Hoyt.
Old 01-13-03, 09:11 AM

I hope that's not the case. I hate all these unrealistic storylines like Clutier just getting up last year and Kirk this year.

About Beecher, if he was still a prisoner they wouldn't just let him in death row would they? He's obviously gonna be Keller's new lawyer after he gets paroled.
Old 01-13-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The death row photo shoot would've been ridiculous if it hadn't happened in real life a few years back. (sans the killing, of course)

As for Beecher... I have a feeling that somebody's going to do something that he'll get blamed for and therefore end up staying in Oz...
Old 01-13-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I missed it last night in the initial run.

Is the penis count up high enough for me to bother catching it on a re-run?

Old 01-13-03, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by grunter

I don't think so .

However, if you have a fondness for silverware, you may want to catch the last couple of minutes...
Old 01-13-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by nevermind
[B

However, if you have a fondness for silverware, you may want to catch the last couple of minutes... [/B]

...and just think, the old-fashioned term for making out was "spooning".
Old 01-14-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Probably not.

Hell, I'm a heterosexual and I'm going through dong withdrawl...
Old 01-14-03, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by SteveOVig
About Beecher, if he was still a prisoner they wouldn't just let him in death row would they? He's obviously gonna be Keller's new lawyer after he gets paroled.
If so- they've forgotten what was previously mentioned; when Beecher was arrested, he can no longer practice law....

I personally liked the episode- I was sad to see it was the final season....
Old 01-14-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Iron Chef
spooning

See - this is why I tune into this dreadful, dreadful show. Hands down - out of all the HBO dramas, it has the worst, most detached from reality writing of any hour-long drama ever in the history of television. EVER!!

You want to know why this series is never mentioned in the same breath as "The Sopranos," "Six Feet Under," and "Sex and the City?" Look no further than this knee-slappingly preposterous episode.

"Spooning?"

WTF? I hope you people realize that this gut-bustingly hilarious sexual "practice" is about as real as the urban legend involving Richard Gere and "gerbiling" (Lemmiwinks and Mr. Slave, notwithstanding - 'cuz I believe their relationship to be good, true and, uh, deep.)

What? They can't shock the audience by unveiling nude "twigs and berries" every other episode, so they have to resort to completely making up totally outrageous sexual relations?

But the thing that made the scene work - was that priceless bit of over-acting by the "gums" guy getting "spooned." Oh puh-leeeeze!! Clearly the actor playing the part, the writer writing the scene and the director capturing the "moment" on screen are all painfully, painfully straight.

I mean - for such a bitty little sliver of a spoon - the man acts like he's getting a cactus shoved up his rectum. That teeth-gritting, bug-eyed, forehead vein popping, trembling groan reaction had me laughing my ass off for a good ten minutes.

What a "nancy-boy."

Now that's comedy!!

Old 01-19-03, 12:05 AM

See - this is why I tune into this dreadful, dreadful show. Hands down - out of all the HBO dramas, it has the worst, most detached from reality writing of any hour-long drama ever in the history of television. EVER!!

You want to know why this series is never mentioned in the same breath as "The Sopranos," "Six Feet Under," and "Sex and the City?" Look no further than this knee-slappingly preposterous episode.

"Spooning?"

WTF? I hope you people realize that this gut-bustingly hilarious sexual "practice" is about as real as the urban legend involving Richard Gere and "gerbiling" (Lemmiwinks and Mr. Slave, notwithstanding - 'cuz I believe their relationship to be good, true and, uh, deep.)

What? They can't shock the audience by unveiling nude "twigs and berries" every other episode, so they have to resort to completely making up totally outrageous sexual relations?

Yeah, I have to say I just didn't get the point of this scene. As far as motion picture sexual practices go, I believed it even less than I believed anything in Crash (do they get off on having sex in cars? being in car accidents? having sex in car wrecks after accidents? witnessing reenactments of car accident celebrity deaths? WHO CARES?). With the spoon thing, it was just all-around stupid.

Last edited by veloce; 01-19-03 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-19-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the spooning was just to degrade the guy to an all new low. After all, ol' boy used to be second in command under Schilenger (with emphasis on the 'ger ), but now he has to know where he stands and being a prag isn't going to be low enough.

My take anyway.
Old 01-19-03, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If he really wanted to degrade him, he would've made him lick the spoon after.