Alias 01.12.2003: "the Lover's Mission"...err...I mean "the Getaway"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 01.12.2003: "the Lover's Mission"...err...I mean "the Getaway"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias 01.12.2002: "the Lover's Mission"...err...I mean "the Getaway"

Good ep that wraps up two major storylines.

Don't know if there are any major surprises [at least I wasn't], but a good ep nonetheless.
Old 01-12-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah a good ep. Sloane is a BAD-ASS!

no will
no sark

Marshall's gifts were funny too.

seems like next week will be a rerun. No lame episode title commercial this time?

Last edited by Random; 01-12-03 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-12-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure next week is a rerun? I thought that it was advertised as new, but the emphasis was put on the SuperBowl episode.

Very interesting episode. I want to know more about how Sloane was able to get away with doing what he did. So was Emily sick at all? I am assuming that he had this planned well in advance, so he could have faked her illness as well?
Old 01-12-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Next week is a repeat.

The week after is on at 9p est after "Super Bowl coverage". [which is what the announcer said...but isn't the Super Bowl on the 26th? ]
Old 01-12-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
What a great episode - w/ an excellent twist!

I wonder now if we will see anymore of the scary-looking Faye Dunaway? I doubt it, looks like her story-line will be over w/ for now.

Sydney's mom seems to know everything (especially in regards to Sloane at the end). She is like Dr. Evil's super-evil genius sister or something.

Did everyone else like the super-short guest appearance of 'Hans Klopek'? That was pretty sweet...
Old 01-12-03, 10:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
That was a great episode.

The ending with Emily was well done.

The conversation between Weiss and Vaughn was pretty funny.

I thought redoing the scene from the pilot with Sydney pulling up in the car and saving Jack was a nice touch.

Why name your biggest episode of the after one of the crappiest movis released last year, "Extreme Ops"
Old 01-12-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Loved the use of the No Doubt song during the scene where Sydney was walking through the airport dressed as a punk rocker.
Old 01-12-03, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Next week is a repeat.

The week after is on at 9p est after "Super Bowl coverage". [which is what the announcer said...but isn't the Super Bowl on the 26th? ]
The announcer said that next week's episode was a new one and in two weeks right after the Super Bowl there was another new episode.
Old 01-12-03, 11:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
TVguide.com and a few of the Alias websites have it as a rerun next week.
Old 01-12-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
The announcer said that next week's episode was a new one and in two weeks right after the Super Bowl there was another new episode.
I stand by my statement.
Old 01-12-03, 11:42 PM

They mean two weeks from tonight which is the night of the Super Bowl.
Old 01-12-03, 11:54 PM

holy ****, i did not see that coming, great episode, wow, very entertaining!!
Old 01-12-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its repeats until the night of Super Bowl
Old 01-12-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Super Bowl ep is supposed to be very good. AKAIK, spoiler]Ethan Hawke[/spoiler] is in it. Or maybe not. It's still supposed to be worth waiting for. And I don't think the episode is really called "Extreme Ops". I think it's just the idiots at ABC and their wacky promo titles. Whatever.

The end scene was...ugh. First, the making out is gross, and the finger...? What is up with fingers in this show? It's disgusting and I hate how it keeps on recurring, with a missing finger always managing to pop up a couple of times a season. *shudder*

Buh-bye Faye. It was enjoyable to see her being hauled out. She was so easy to hate.

The No Doubt music was bizzare, IMO. Then again, so was the purple wig.

What was up with the product placement? I swear Sydney has changed cars at least 4 times, which makes no sense. The first episode her car was an older SUV, and then there was a red pickup truck, and...I forget the rest. It seems that her cars seem to rotate. Oddly enough, I don't notice any Nokia product placements since the pilot.

Overall, pretty good. I like the sexual tension between Syd and Vaughn. It works, in a Mulder/Scully way, just like Jack and Irina.

Last edited by freedexter; 01-13-03 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-13-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Weiss: "In exchange, I'll take an eclair."
Vaughn: "I'm not kidding, I'm serious."
Weiss: "If they're small, bring at least two."

hahah
Old 01-13-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
They mean two weeks from tonight which is the night of the Super Bowl.
Right. Which means next week's is a repeat.

As far as figuring out MY announcer's statement about Alias being on after "Super Bowl coverage", I realize that there might be some kind of post game or something. The thing that confused me is the screen said "In Two Weeks....9pm".

Oh well.

So...to break it down once and for all...the 19th [next week] is a repeat...the 26th is titled "Phase One" [according to TVGuide.com].
Old 01-13-03, 02:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know the name of the No Doubt song? I really liked the drums at the start of the song.

Edit: Apparently there's a section on the ABC.com website that lists music by episode. Right now, the 1/12 ep music isn't available, but it probably will be by the end of the week (I'm guessing). However, anyone who knows the song and wants to help out will still be much appreciated.

Good ep... Vaughn and Sydney are morons, but good ep.

Who was the tech-dude that Sloane capped after getting the doo-dad from him? He looked really familiar, but I don't know from where.
Old 01-13-03, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That techno-geek looked like Ronnie's friend from "Can't Buy Me Love". [It's too late to do the research...]

And that No Doubt song is "Hella Good" off of their latest album "Rock Steady".

What do I win??
Old 01-13-03, 03:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

I just rewatched the episode to get the lyrics to the song... Rogue588 was right. After Vaughn asks Syd out, I love how he was all, "Tee hee, we're going to dinner."
Old 01-13-03, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode......2nd season and it is just getting better and better.
Old 01-13-03, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still say that they announced next week as a new episode. However, I checked my listings for next week, and they have it as a repeat "Ciphers". However, it wouldn't be the first time that they had a listing wrong.
Old 01-13-03, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling

Who was the tech-dude that Sloane capped after getting the doo-dad from him? He looked really familiar, but I don't know from where.
Static, that was 'Hans Klopek' from the 'Burbs! I think his name is Courtney Gains or something like that. I noticed it right away.
Old 01-13-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the tech dude was indeed courtney gains. as for the episode, i thought that it was pretty good. i guess now sloane, will be spending a bit more time away from the office i guess? as for the vaughn/sydney thing, after they had gotten rid of the bad guys in the alley, i kept expecting them to lock lips knowing that this might be their only chance, but alas,, it was not to be...
Old 01-13-03, 08:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

I think that was a momemnt designed for all Vaughn/Sydney-relationshippers to think... "Kiss! KISS! Come on... aw, nooooooooo!"
Old 01-13-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another great episode...

I'm getting pretty concerned about the ratings for this show (and, obviously, ABC must be concerned too... hence the Super Bowl stunt).

I don't know if people have been paying attention to this, but yesterday the show ended up in fourth place in it's timeslot:

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/dailyniels...ngs.html?29625

NBC edged out CBS to win the nine o'clock hour with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," 10.4/15, as CBS' "60 Minutes" lead into the People's Choice Awards. FOX stayed in third with "Malcolm in the Middle" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" averaging a 5.8/7 for the hour, just ahead of ABC's "Alias," 5.6/8. The WB finished off its night with "High School Reunion," 4.1/6.

That is not good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.