Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Evanescence "Bring Me To Life"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-03, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone heard the new song "Bring Me To Life" by the band Evanescence on the radio??

It's from the Daredevil soundtrack.

It's kind of a cool rock song with a female lead singer.
Old 01-13-03, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard it. I like it. Unfortunately, I had to download the tune as I don't listen to the radio, and -- to discourage duplicating it -- the song is clustered with odd bleeps and volume drops. It's annoying as hell. But it's still a good song, though.
Old 01-22-03, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Lord Crumb
I've heard it. I like it. Unfortunately, I had to download the tune as I don't listen to the radio, and -- to discourage duplicating it -- the song is clustered with odd bleeps and volume drops. It's annoying as hell. But it's still a good song, though.

Yes, a lot of the Daredevil tracks are like that.

the sound quality of 320 kb/s version is real deal

Great song anyway.
Old 02-01-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
actually the dj on 98 rock said that the chick is a guest spot, (who is she anyway?)
Old 02-01-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
actually the dj on 98 rock said that the chick is a guest spot, (who is she anyway?)
She isn't a guest spot. Bring me to life features Paul McCoy of 12 Stones.

EVANESCENCE is
Amy Lee - Vocals
Ben Moody - Lead Guitar
John LeCompt - Guitar
Rocky Gray - Drums

I have the their first cd Origin. She's on all the songs.
Old 02-01-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I like the song...the "Linkin Park"-esque vocal delivery by the male background singer is kinda annoying.

As for the rest of the DD soundtrack...
Old 02-02-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Phuzbox
She isn't a guest spot. Bring me to life features Paul McCoy of 12 Stones.

EVANESCENCE is
Amy Lee - Vocals
Ben Moody - Lead Guitar
John LeCompt - Guitar
Rocky Gray - Drums

I have the their first cd Origin. She's on all the songs.
How is their first album and where did you get it? I can only seem to find their new one listed titled Fallen
Old 02-02-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by innocentfreak
How is their first album and where did you get it? I can only seem to find their new one listed titled Fallen
I've listened to their first album constantly for a week now, good stuff. I downloaded it of IRC. The cd was a very small release, you can find a few copies on Ebay for around $40.
Old 02-07-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

love this song!

anyone know if the rest has a rockish feel? the other song by them on the DareDevil soundtrack is just the woman with piano. which is more likely representitive of the band?
Old 02-08-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I caught the very end of Access Hollywood earlier...

As the credits were rolling, the band played this song. [I forgot they were dedicating the show to Daredevil.

To be honest, they weren't that good. They're probably yet another studio band. Here's hoping [and i'm sure] they'll get better with more live performances under their belt.

Oh...and I seriously hope their album[s] don't have that Puff Daddy/Linkin Park wannabe "Uh huh, Yeah" guy for ALL the songs. That's REALLY annoying.

But, then again, i've already said that.
Old 02-12-03, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If anyones interested in the dc area
SUN. FEB. 23
DC 101 Show #20
A $1.01 SHOW!!
EVANESCENCE
The Blank Theory
Carbondale
Just $1.01

click here to order
http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/Tick...DC&pid=5128073
Old 02-13-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
To be honest, they weren't that good. They're probably yet another studio band. Here's hoping [and i'm sure] they'll get better with more live performances under their belt.
they've been around for years. i'd be surprised if they didn't have quite a few live shows under their belt.
Old 02-13-03, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm hoping this wasn't the case...cuz if it was...they weren't that good live...

Perhaps I need to see more...

Or perhaps it was an "off" day...
Old 02-13-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts
I'm hoping this wasn't the case...cuz if it was...they weren't that good live...
i've never seen them live. but, i don't think playing "live" on an access hollywood broadcast would necessarily be representative of their performance as a live band.
Old 02-23-03, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Just to let you know, the album "Fallen" from evanescence comes out march 4. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music
Old 02-23-03, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by kefrank
i've never seen them live. but, i don't think playing "live" on an access hollywood broadcast would necessarily be representative of their performance as a live band.

Perhaps if it was a boy band or other pop confection known for lip-synching, I would agree..

But, the band plays their instruments.

Amy sings her vocals live.

So, i'm not understanding how a live [not synched] TV performance wouldn't be representative of their performance as a live band..

But, I also said that perhaps I need to see more or that it was an "off" day..so i'm not tossing them aside as I would any of the other repetitive bands featured on the Daredevil soundtrack.

BTW...i've heard Fallen and I like it. I'm hoping the rest of their stuff is rereleased and offered on their site. eBay is just TOO ridiculous.
Old 02-23-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

how much is the older stuff going for on ebay. And here is a pic of the band
Old 03-31-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you get a chance sometime, check out the great video they did for the song either here
http://www.mtv.com/bands/buzzworthy/
or MTV2, mtv plays it sometimes but its either late at night or during TRL but you don't wanna watch that do ya?
Old 03-31-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

A couple days ago I d/l Bring Me To Life [Bliss Remix]. I didn't know what the hell it was..a club mix maybe?

Anyways..yesterday I finally get around to listen to it. All it is is Bring Me To Life without Paul McCoy's vocals. It sounds funny without him..

[Yeah, I know what I said above..but I was talking about EVERY song sounding that way..]

And Rypro, about those ridiculous eBay prices for ORIGIN ... sick, huh?
Old 04-01-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like it!
Old 04-01-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
A couple days ago I d/l Bring Me To Life [Bliss Remix]. I didn't know what the hell it was..a club mix maybe?

Anyways..yesterday I finally get around to listen to it. All it is is Bring Me To Life without Paul McCoy's vocals. It sounds funny without him..

[Yeah, I know what I said above..but I was talking about EVERY song sounding that way..]

And Rypro, about those ridiculous eBay prices for ORIGIN ... sick, huh?
If you read Evanescence faq (@ evanescence.com) or check their forum there is link to download all the tracks from Origin, along with the Acoustic version of "Bring Me to Life", a few of their demos and Amy Lee singing "Heart Shaped Box".

Also, if you read the faq the band has no problem with their fans downloading their older stuff.

Last edited by candyrocket786; 04-01-03 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-01-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Versions of "Bring Me to Life" I know of:

Studio Version: (w/ Paul McCoy)
Acoustic Version: (w/o Paul McCoy)
Demo Version 2002: (w/o Paul McCoy)
Unreleased Demo: (w/o Paul McCoy, I believe this is also referred to as the "Mystary Version")

I have yet to hear the "Bliss Remix"
Old 04-01-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Heard this song on the radio the other day.

It reminds me a lot of recent European metal, with "clean" female vocals. Bands like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Gathering, that I've been listening to for a while now.

I wasn't very impressed with the song, but I would've liked it without that ****ing "nu metal/rap hybrd/linkin park" crap tossed into the mix.
Old 04-01-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There is also an accoustic live radio version also, or did you all ready mention it.
Old 04-01-03, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
It reminds me a lot of recent European metal, with "clean" female vocals. Bands like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Gathering, that I've been listening to for a while now.
That's why I was hooked. The above mentioned bands are some of my favorites (Nightwish especially). I actually thought that was Cristina Scabbia singing when I first heard the song.

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I would've liked it without that ****ing "nu metal/rap hybrd/linkin park" crap tossed into the mix.
Same here...Paul McCoy was a big turnoff for me. If I didn't download the remaining tracks, I probably would have never bought the album.

At least there are 3 alternatives to listening to the Studio Version.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.