Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Most obvious movie blooper

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you think is the most obvious movie blooper of all time, not counting factual errors like "In Armageddon the asteroid wouldn't be able to blah blah blah"?
Old 01-08-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always thought the huge "Pacific Bell" logo on the payphone that Bruce Willis was using in Die Hard 2 was a glaring error. (He was supposed to be in Washington DC.)
Old 01-08-03, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, I always thought the hand throwing out the birds in the lost city in Congo was damn funny. Of course, it's not like that movie was so hot to start with, though I enjoy it, but that hand is hilarious.
Old 01-09-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty much the entirety of Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Old 01-09-03, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Stormtrooper hitting his head in Star Wars

Meatloaf losing his pants in Fight Club

Munchkin hanging himself in Wizard of Oz (j/k
Old 01-09-03, 01:14 AM

The car in LOTR
Greedo shooting first
Old 01-09-03, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jurassic Park.

Dinosaurs don't exist.

Duh.
Old 01-09-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The one that to me has always been the biggest flaw is in Jack. The scenes with the chair breaking at school are all out of order.
Old 01-09-03, 01:47 AM

Where is the car in LOTR? PJ mentiones it in the commentary of the EE and even he hasn't seen it.
Old 01-09-03, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by darkflounder
Where is the car in LOTR? PJ mentiones it in the commentary of the EE and even he hasn't seen it.
Supposedly only in the theatrical version in the background of the scene when Sam says that he is now the furthest he has ever been from home.
Old 01-09-03, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by raKim
Supposedly only in the theatrical version in the background of the scene when Sam says that he is now the furthest he has ever been from home.
I have both the theatrical and extended versions of the film and there's no car there. There is a house with smoke coming out of the chimney on the far right of the wide shots. Definately not a car though.

The biggest blooper I've seen is the guy who Robocop throws out the window in part one. When the replay is seen on the news footage, you can see the stunt guy bounce back up off a trampoline of something.
Old 01-09-03, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
"Battlefield Earth" - the part between the studio logo and the end credits.
Old 01-09-03, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GLADIATOR.

In the beginning when Russle Crowe is in the woods being taken away to be exacuted. There is a man in blue jeans and a t-shirt in the backround. Quite hilarious!
Old 01-09-03, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In E.T., that full moon is way too big.
Old 01-09-03, 07:51 AM
Banned

In Black Hawk Down during the fighting,you see from an overhead view a Greyhound Bus and a Jeep driving on a road at night.This happens when the three lost soldiers and trying to find there way back to there squad and you see them walking from an overhead view and on the top of the screen you will see the Greyhound Bus and the Jeep.Also in the beggining when Tom Sizemore's character is explaining to his squad the mission,in the back ground you see about 2 people pushing a helicopter.
Old 01-09-03, 07:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I've seen all of these movies and didn't notice any of these bloopers. I wouldn't count them as obvious because most people don't know they are there until it's pointed out to them. Of course, many folks pretend they saw it in the first place.

Obvious is the cardboard tombstone that gets kicked over in Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Old 01-09-03, 09:02 AM
Banned

In Cat Ballou, the old western with Lee Marvin, at the end there is a carage of horses that take off and crash. You can cleary see the stund driver hidden in the bottom of the wagon, driving the horses. Hes all crunched up.
Old 01-09-03, 09:15 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
-Spartacus: Several of the roman soldiers are wearing wristwatches.

-Commando: After arnold tips the yellow Porsche off it's side and drives away, it is clearly a different car since there are no damages.

-Pulp Fiction: There are bullet holes in the wall behind Sam Jackson before he gets shot at in the apartment.
Old 01-09-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Much of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, but most obviously the TurboLift scene where one deck is passed twice due to sloppy editing (not to mention that the deck numbers should descend instead of ascend, but that's another issue). We can also see the attachment that allows Nimoy to ascend with his "boots."

Add to that countless times when we see wires, most notable the Yosemite scene when Spock catches Kirk. In the same shot, we see both the harness under the costume and a rope tied to Shatner's leg. And these aren't "look real hard" things. We're talking obvious here.

das
Old 01-09-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Braveheart - during the first big battle scene, William Wallace(Mel Gibson) and the Scots are running towards the English. If you look at how it was edited, he takes his sword out while running, then he's not running with his sword, and on the next clip he is running with his sword. Very bad editing during this sequence, even though it's a good flick.
Old 01-09-03, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rumble in the Bronx - I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember that French writing pops up now and again in the "Bronx" and there's a sign in the NY airport that actually says "Welcome to Montreal/Bienvenue a Montreal".
Old 01-09-03, 11:16 AM

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
In RoboCop when some guy gets thrown out a high story window the next shot is news coverage of it and you clearly see the guy bounce back up into frame from the airbag.
Old 01-09-03, 11:23 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Gdrlv
Rumble in the Bronx - I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember that French writing pops up now and again in the "Bronx" and there's a sign in the NY airport that actually says "Welcome to Montreal/Bienvenue a Montreal".
Not to mention the looming mountains in the background!
Old 01-09-03, 11:31 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

How about that kid standing in the window in "Three Men and a Baby" Or do you believe the urban myth that it was the ghost of a child belonging to someone on the set who passed away.
Old 01-09-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally posted by el_jer
How about that kid standing in the window in "Three Men and a Baby" Or do you believe the urban myth that it was the ghost of a child belonging to someone on the set who passed away.
if you look closely... it's a cardboard cut out of Ted Danson. it's seen in prior scenes...

Untouchables - Sean Connery has his shirt collar buttoned and unbuttoned and buttoned in the sequence while talking to Kevin Costner.

Eraser - Robert Pastorelli has his vest off and on and off again in the gay club while talking to Arnold.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.