DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Most obvious movie blooper

RyoHazuki
01-09-03, 12:15 AM
What do you think is the most obvious movie blooper of all time, not counting factual errors like "In Armageddon the asteroid wouldn't be able to blah blah blah"?

neale
01-09-03, 12:21 AM
I always thought the huge "Pacific Bell" logo on the payphone that Bruce Willis was using in Die Hard 2 was a glaring error. (He was supposed to be in Washington DC.)

jaeufraser
01-09-03, 12:26 AM
Well, I always thought the hand throwing out the birds in the lost city in Congo was damn funny. Of course, it's not like that movie was so hot to start with, though I enjoy it, but that hand is hilarious.

Numanoid
01-09-03, 02:00 AM
Pretty much the entirety of Plan 9 From Outer Space.

darkflounder
01-09-03, 02:09 AM
Stormtrooper hitting his head in Star Wars

Meatloaf losing his pants in Fight Club

Munchkin hanging himself in Wizard of Oz (j/k :)

raKim
01-09-03, 02:14 AM
The car in LOTR -ohbfrank- -ohbfrank- -ohbfrank- -ohbfrank-
Greedo shooting first :D

kenny79
01-09-03, 02:29 AM
Jurassic Park.

Dinosaurs don't exist.

Duh.

outer-edge
01-09-03, 02:32 AM
The one that to me has always been the biggest flaw is in Jack. The scenes with the chair breaking at school are all out of order.

darkflounder
01-09-03, 02:47 AM
Where is the car in LOTR? PJ mentiones it in the commentary of the EE and even he hasn't seen it.

raKim
01-09-03, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by darkflounder
Where is the car in LOTR? PJ mentiones it in the commentary of the EE and even he hasn't seen it.
Supposedly only in the theatrical version in the background of the scene when Sam says that he is now the furthest he has ever been from home.

fmian
01-09-03, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by raKim
Supposedly only in the theatrical version in the background of the scene when Sam says that he is now the furthest he has ever been from home.

I have both the theatrical and extended versions of the film and there's no car there. There is a house with smoke coming out of the chimney on the far right of the wide shots. Definately not a car though.

The biggest blooper I've seen is the guy who Robocop throws out the window in part one. When the replay is seen on the news footage, you can see the stunt guy bounce back up off a trampoline of something.

Josh-da-man
01-09-03, 07:01 AM
"Battlefield Earth" - the part between the studio logo and the end credits.

filmguy
01-09-03, 07:33 AM
GLADIATOR.

In the beginning when Russle Crowe is in the woods being taken away to be exacuted. There is a man in blue jeans and a t-shirt in the backround. Quite hilarious!

NavinJohnson
01-09-03, 07:45 AM
In E.T., that full moon is way too big.

Amadeus
01-09-03, 08:51 AM
In Black Hawk Down during the fighting,you see from an overhead view a Greyhound Bus and a Jeep driving on a road at night.This happens when the three lost soldiers and trying to find there way back to there squad and you see them walking from an overhead view and on the top of the screen you will see the Greyhound Bus and the Jeep.Also in the beggining when Tom Sizemore's character is explaining to his squad the mission,in the back ground you see about 2 people pushing a helicopter.

Groucho
01-09-03, 08:58 AM
I've seen all of these movies and didn't notice any of these bloopers. I wouldn't count them as obvious because most people don't know they are there until it's pointed out to them. Of course, many folks pretend they saw it in the first place.

Obvious is the cardboard tombstone that gets kicked over in Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Scot1458
01-09-03, 10:02 AM
In Cat Ballou, the old western with Lee Marvin, at the end there is a carage of horses that take off and crash. You can cleary see the stund driver hidden in the bottom of the wagon, driving the horses. Hes all crunched up.

Geofferson
01-09-03, 10:15 AM
-Spartacus: Several of the roman soldiers are wearing wristwatches.

-Commando: After arnold tips the yellow Porsche off it's side and drives away, it is clearly a different car since there are no damages.

-Pulp Fiction: There are bullet holes in the wall behind Sam Jackson before he gets shot at in the apartment.

das Monkey
01-09-03, 11:18 AM
Much of <B>Star Trek V: The Final Frontier</B>, but most obviously the TurboLift scene where one deck is passed twice due to sloppy editing (not to mention that the deck numbers should descend instead of ascend, but that's another issue). We can also see the attachment that allows Nimoy to ascend with his "boots."

Add to that countless times when we see wires, most notable the Yosemite scene when Spock catches Kirk. In the same shot, we see both the harness under the costume and a rope tied to Shatner's leg. And these aren't "look real hard" things. We're talking obvious here.

das

kneijst1
01-09-03, 11:55 AM
Braveheart - during the first big battle scene, William Wallace(Mel Gibson) and the Scots are running towards the English. If you look at how it was edited, he takes his sword out while running, then he's not running with his sword, and on the next clip he is running with his sword. Very bad editing during this sequence, even though it's a good flick.

Gdrlv
01-09-03, 12:12 PM
Rumble in the Bronx - I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember that French writing pops up now and again in the "Bronx" and there's a sign in the NY airport that actually says "Welcome to Montreal/Bienvenue a Montreal".

caligulathegod
01-09-03, 12:16 PM
In RoboCop when some guy gets thrown out a high story window the next shot is news coverage of it and you clearly see the guy bounce back up into frame from the airbag.

Groucho
01-09-03, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gdrlv
Rumble in the Bronx - I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember that French writing pops up now and again in the "Bronx" and there's a sign in the NY airport that actually says "Welcome to Montreal/Bienvenue a Montreal". Not to mention the looming mountains in the background! :lol:

el_jer
01-09-03, 12:31 PM
How about that kid standing in the window in "Three Men and a Baby" Or do you believe the urban myth that it was the ghost of a child belonging to someone on the set who passed away.

devilshalo
01-09-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by el_jer
How about that kid standing in the window in "Three Men and a Baby" Or do you believe the urban myth that it was the ghost of a child belonging to someone on the set who passed away.

if you look closely... it's a cardboard cut out of Ted Danson. it's seen in prior scenes...

Untouchables - Sean Connery has his shirt collar buttoned and unbuttoned and buttoned in the sequence while talking to Kevin Costner.

Eraser - Robert Pastorelli has his vest off and on and off again in the gay club while talking to Arnold.

Giles
01-09-03, 12:46 PM
The scene in "Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me", the shot of mountains (in the background) when the camera pans across the 'London' set.

rfduncan
01-09-03, 12:49 PM
In Sixteen Candles, there is a scene when the entire Baker clan is piling into the car to get to Ginny's wedding. Grandma Baker does NOT get into the car but instead couches over and you kind of see her hunched there when the car drives away. She is there when they arrive at the church. :)

Geoff H
01-09-03, 01:54 PM
How about the helicopter shadow seen at the beginning of The Shining (though this might have something to do with the mattes being opened up for television/video/DVD releases).

chriscruz2
01-09-03, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by neale
I always thought the huge "Pacific Bell" logo on the payphone that Bruce Willis was using in Die Hard 2 was a glaring error. (He was supposed to be in Washington DC.)

They did the exact same thing in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure when Pee-Wee was talking to Dottie from a phone booth in San Antonio.

GuessWho
01-09-03, 02:05 PM
Star Wars - Luke yelling "Carrie!"

Die Hard - Bruce's shirt going from white shirt to dirty white shirt to an olive green shirt

HistoryProf
01-09-03, 02:30 PM
I think it was the wedding singer where Sandler is in a dumpster, and in as the camera switches from him to Drew and back, the garbage is totally different....

And a couple were in American Pie that i remember spotting: "The Cup" was clear in some shots, blue in others....while one scene in jason biggs' bedroom shows him opening his nightstand drawer...in one shot there's a jar of vaseline, and in another it's gone :)

Team Rancid
01-09-03, 02:50 PM
The ones that I always consciously notice when watching:

Matrix- The movie tech's hand on the desk when Keanu gets the Fedex
Goodfellas- Paulies cigar length
Oceans 11- Security head Mr. Walsh is with Bernie Mac/Matt Damon in the back room at the same time he is with Carl Reiner in monitor room watching briefcase be delivered to ther vault.

Rypro 525
01-09-03, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by GuessWho
I never noticed that, what part.

Pants
01-09-03, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Rypro 525
I never noticed that, what part. Exactly!

This is supposed to be a MOST OBVIOUS blooper thread. Most of you are naming some of the most obscure movie bloopers known to man, many of them still debated to this day as to whether they are flubs or not.

dhmac
01-09-03, 03:09 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey: When the first space scenes are shown (after the Dawn of Man sequence and bone throw in the air), the "ferris wheel" space station is rotating in a clockwise direction. But then in every subsequent shot, the space station's rotation is counter-clockwise. (And because part of the station is still under construction, this can't be explained as the view of the station from the other side, so it's definitely a blooper.)

Wallet Boy
01-09-03, 03:10 PM
Ok, not obvious, but in Planes Trains and Automobiles, Steve Martin is talking to John Candy in a hotel room, and then walks into the next room, and his hair is parted in the other direction. I'm sure they just reveresed the shot, no one parts their hair on different sides depending on the day, especially if you are doing a movie.

Rypro 525
01-09-03, 03:16 PM
I couldn't tell if the Bullet holes in pulp fiction were there for a reason (mentioned in the movie that it was a miricle or that some force put them there, its mentioned the trivia track) or it could just be a mistake.
And in the scene where Jules eats the burger, we first see a close up of it with no bite marks, then when we cut to Jules with it in his hand, there are already bite marks there.

MFRONE
01-09-03, 03:58 PM
My favorite is in Raiders of the Lost Arc. It's during the chase scene just after Indy escapes the Temple with snakes and blows up all the stuff at the dig site. They all pull into the town and Indy runs and hids, when the bad guys pull up you can see 4 people in the car, but when they drive around in the circle you only see 3 people and the guy in the front passenger seat is gone, but his clothes are sitting in a pile folded nicely on the seat.

Groucho
01-09-03, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MFRONE
Indian Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc"Someone coming."

Giles
01-09-03, 04:03 PM
My favorite is in Indian Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc. It's during the chase scene just after Indy escapes the Temple with snakes and blows up all the stuff at the dig site. They all pull into the town and Indy runs and hids, when the bad guys pull up you can see 4 people in the car, but when they drive around in the circle you only see 3 people and the guy in the front passenger seat is gone, but his clothes are sitting in a pile folded nicely on the seat.

also, in the same movie when Indy pushes the block out of the wall escaping from the enclosed tomb, the rock's shadow bounces.

savatageny
01-09-03, 04:41 PM
Anyone ever notice that in Halloween (the first one), when the girls are driving to their babysitting jobs, the time of day jumps ahead several hours in the blink of an eye?

When they are driving, the sun is setting, and then the next frame it is PITCH BLACK and deep into nightime. They would have been going for a local drive to babysit.

rfduncan
01-09-03, 05:17 PM
Speaking of Halloween - Halloween 2 starts with a recap of the end of the 1st film but this time Loomis fires his gun SEVEN times. YIKES!

As for the "Carrie!" reference in Star Wars, GuessWho, IMDB lists this as "Incorrectly regarded as goofs" in their <a href="http://us.imdb.com/Goofs?0076759">goofs section</a>.

funkyryno
01-09-03, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Gdrlv
Rumble in the Bronx - I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember that French writing pops up now and again in the "Bronx" and there's a sign in the NY airport that actually says "Welcome to Montreal/Bienvenue a Montreal".

I thought the movie was filmed in Vancouver.

Rypro 525
01-09-03, 06:10 PM
It was but the movie takes place in New York.

JimRochester
01-09-03, 06:15 PM
I always felt the most obvious are those you notice on the very first viewing of the movie. On eof these for me was Jurassic Park (which is loaded by the way). In the scene where the T-Rex is coming out of the paddock, it's ground level, the very next scene it's 3 stories down to the ground.

Mr. Salty
01-09-03, 06:31 PM
It was but the movie takes place in New York.

The point of his question was, Why would a movie shot in Vancouver have a scene shot at the Montreal airport? The cities are on opposite ends of the country.

Robert
01-09-03, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by darkflounder

Thats not a goof. Its explained in the audio commentary on the episode 2 dvd.

Crizzar
01-09-03, 07:09 PM
Stripes...right before they sign up and they're still in the apartment, Bill Murray is on the floor and throws up some cash that lands on his chest...one shot has like 8 bills on his chest, goes down to 3, back up to 5 etc as the conversation between him and Ramis progresses.

RyoHazuki
01-09-03, 07:18 PM
Die Hard - Bruce's shirt going from white shirt to dirty white shirt to an olive green shirt

It got dirty while he was in the vent.

TCG
01-09-03, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by JimRochester
I always felt the most obvious are those you notice on the very first viewing of the movie. On eof these for me was Jurassic Park (which is loaded by the way). In the scene where the T-Rex is coming out of the paddock, it's ground level, the very next scene it's 3 stories down to the ground.
Yep!

I noticed something in Gangs of NY that I haven't seen anywhere before. When the people are throwing rocks at the Union soldiers, the rocks are clearly those Disneyworld/magic store, foam rocks that lotsa people have. I only saw it once, and the scene was several seconds, but it was obvious to me.

HotThang
01-09-03, 07:39 PM
Wasn't there a movie about the Civil War that showed a guy lighting a canon with a Bic lighter? Don't remember what movie though :-)

ArchibaldTuttle
01-09-03, 08:03 PM
has anyone ever seen The Adventures of Bob & Doug McKenzie: Strange Brew, with Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis, I only watched it because my sister wanted it for christmas

anyway they fly their van off a ramp into a river, and the back doors of the van go from open to closed a couple times between cuts, its so obvious

and then they drink beer under water, probably the funniest part of the movie, for me ....."take off!........eeehh?"

db27
01-09-03, 09:55 PM
In Final Destination before the person gets nailed by the speeding bus, you see the camera pan down the street the bus comes from and the road is closed with all sorts of construction stuff in the way.

No way the bus could be going that fast and make that 90 degree turn.

Seeker
01-09-03, 10:05 PM
Boy, it's OBVIOUS that this is NOT the "most obvious" goofs in movies thread.

Why is it that people point out the obscure goofs rather than the obvious ones?

joltaddict
01-09-03, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Robert
Thats not a goof. Its explained in the audio commentary on the episode 2 dvd.

I think he means ANH not AOTC.

PaperStreetSoapCo
01-10-03, 12:28 AM
North by Northwest:

When Eva Marie Saint shoots Cary Grant in that cafeteria, you can see a kid in the near background plugging his ears a second or two before she fires. Classic movie blooper!:)

Dudikoff
01-10-03, 12:36 AM
In Ski School there is a scene on the mountain with some characters talking and you see the boom mic drop down from the top of the frame and dangle there for a few seconds. It's white to blend in with the background, but definitely obvious. Great movie!

0ne
01-10-03, 02:56 AM
Not a huge one, but a glaringly obvious one was in Clerks, someone asks for a pack of Cigarettes and there is a large sign on the cash register, they cut away to something else and cut back the sign's gone, they cut back and its there again.

shaun3000
01-10-03, 03:39 AM
Twister - the road changing from a dirt road in exterior and foward shots to a paved highway in interior reverse shots during the twin tornado scene. At one point you see a minivan driving the other way in one of the reverse shots, right about the time the cows start flying.

The Wedding Singer - Adam Sandler winds up a mic cord while talking to someone. In the next shot, the cord still has a few feet unwound and he winds it up, again.

kneijst1
01-10-03, 09:33 AM
How about in Pulp Fiction where the female robber in the first shots has different lines in the beginning and at the end? Not sure if this was done on purpose, but definitly a glaring error.

Groucho
01-10-03, 09:47 AM
Found another one watching Catch Me If You Can: in one scene Tom Hanks is wearing a watch that would not be available for sale in that part of the country for at least another 3 months. I'm shocked nobody's submitted this the the IMDB yet!

flabio
01-10-03, 07:11 PM
How about in Austin Powers: Goldmember when Fat Bastard is flying across the water in the sumo locker room? You can totally see the wire(s) they use to suspend him for his "wire-fu". ;)

bothanspy
01-10-03, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Groucho
Found another one watching Catch Me If You Can: in one scene Tom Hanks is wearing a watch that would not be available for sale in that part of the country for at least another 3 months. I'm shocked nobody's submitted this the the IMDB yet!

I think this was done on purpose because the second time we ciew that incident at the end of the movie is from Jules' perspective so he remembers it slightly different. Can't remember where I read that.
SPY

joltaddict
01-10-03, 10:04 PM
I think you quoted the wrong guy Bothan. :D

Nick Danger
01-10-03, 11:06 PM
The only blooper I saw without being prompted was in Eyes Wide Shut. During Nichole Kidman's monologue about the naval officer, the strap of her blouse goes back and forth across her shoulder depending on the camera angle. But each angle looks better with the strap as it's shown.

Robert
01-10-03, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by joltaddict
I think he means ANH not AOTC.

I know what he means. They do in fact talk about the stormtrooper bumping his head in ANH in the episode 2 commentary

stevek
01-11-03, 12:18 AM
Obvious to one may not be to another, but these were obvious to me because I spotted them during the first viewing:

Die Hard 2 - Pac Bell phone in D.C.

Stripes - Bill Murray's duffel bag under his head disappearing/reappearing when he tries to go AWOL

Superman II - Superman's pit stain when he lifts Zod up in the Fortress of Solitude (also Margot Kidder's radical change in appearance cutting back and forth between Donner and Lester scenes at the Daily Planet)

Josh-da-man
01-11-03, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by kneijst1
How about in Pulp Fiction where the female robber in the first shots has different lines in the beginning and at the end? Not sure if this was done on purpose, but definitly a glaring error.

I've heard that was intentional. Something about witnesses to crimes remember things differently, so they decided to slip that in.

joltaddict
01-11-03, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Robert
I know what he means. They do in fact talk about the stormtrooper bumping his head in ANH in the episode 2 commentary

Then youre wrong. They acknowlege it in Ep 2 but it was a blooper in ANH.

dunno260
01-11-03, 03:15 AM
If you have every seen Snow Day for some really weird reason(saw it with our Youth Group and its one of the best times I ever had at a movie, we laughed so much) but repeatedly throughout the movie the microphone boom comes into the shot, black plates at the top from the things the cameras have on I guess to shield from light or something, its so bad.

Pulp Fiction, in the retro restaurant Uma Thurmans cigarette magically jumps between her hands.

Playitagainsam
01-11-03, 11:05 AM
Raiders of The Lost Ark - the guy's head disappearing under the matte painting in the final scene with "taking the Ark to safety"

Trout
01-11-03, 04:03 PM
In Glory, Morgan Freeman talks to a bunch of kids, and when he walks away, they wave, and one of the kids has a watch on.

Einsatz
01-11-03, 04:55 PM
Not exactly a blooper but obvious and hillarious at the same time... in Galaxy Quest, Weaver's character standing in front of the "chompers" says "Well screw that!", but her mouth clearly says "Well f_ck that!".
The entire movie was funny, but in that particular moment I just lost it when I saw it in the theaters the first time (to the point of my eyes watering no less).
The folks that didn't notice it were looking at me funny.

ACoolT5
01-11-03, 05:50 PM
Matrix- The movie tech's hand on the desk when Keanu gets the Fedex

Doesn't count. You can only see that in the full-screen bastard version on VHS. It was never meant to be seen and is not visible on the proper version.

Rypro 525
01-11-03, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure if it was due to the matting of my theater or not but I saw two boom mikes during chicago.

DonnachaOne
01-12-03, 02:19 AM
Glaring, unforgivable errors?

Try The Big Hit. In the final act, it is obvious that there are two seperate yellow ferraris - a "good" one and a "messed-up" one - being used; the "messed-up" one is used for rougher parts, and is the one ultimately blown up.

Drove me bonkers. Though it's still a fun, silly film.

greatjedi
01-12-03, 02:21 PM
Men in Black II (or MIIB - However you like it) has a continuity error I noticed right off. In the scene when Kay takes his watch from the locker, Jay replaces it with his own very different watch. There's a reaction shot of the Jay and Kay, Then andother short shot of the inside or the locker. For a split second you see that Kay's watch is back agan.

threelions
01-13-03, 01:59 AM
This is easy. Check out Point Break when they're supposed to be night surfing and you can see the sun glaring at the edge of the camera in a number of shots.

custom001
01-13-03, 04:42 AM
My favorite is in Raiders of the Lost Arc. It's during the chase scene just after Indy escapes the Temple with snakes and blows up all the stuff at the dig site. They all pull into the town and Indy runs and hids, when the bad guys pull up you can see 4 people in the car, but when they drive around in the circle you only see 3 people and the guy in the front passenger seat is gone, but his clothes are sitting in a pile folded nicely on the seat.

hmmm... I always thought seeing Harrison Ford's mirrored impression while being face to face with the cobra (glass shield between them) was the most obvious in this movie...

tanman
01-13-03, 12:12 PM
how about the white truck that rolls by during picket's charge in gettysburg. very obvious.

In fled there is a part where the characters talk about getting in out of the rain...guess what...it aint' rainin'.

also mary jane's hair is blowing the wrong way in Spiderman.

fmian
01-13-03, 12:31 PM
I just noticed a really obvious one the other day at the cinemas.

In The Tuxedo when Clark Devlin buys that green bug from the lady, the shot cuts from the bug to the ladies face, and we see that she has the same colour eyes as the shell of the bug (green) and she's gorgeous to boot. In the next cut her eyes are brown, then green again, then brown again. You notice it because there are close ups of her face and because she looks much prettier with the green eyes.

Mopower
01-13-03, 01:24 PM
Black Hawk Down. When Durant is in the small building after his chopper crashes. He has an MP5 on his lap. A few seconds later when one of the sniper comes in where Durant is, the sniper gives Durant an MP5. The one in his lap is gone.

Groucho
01-13-03, 01:28 PM
Adaptation. In one scene, Nicholas Cage is picking up a "to go" order from a trendy L.A. eatery. His bag is folded over. In actuality, that eatery also STAPLES the bag shut, which was not done in the film. The whole audience was laughing at this gaffe...and some people were so angry they walked out!

slax
01-13-03, 04:16 PM
One that irked me even as a kid

Revenge of the Nerds-When Louis,Gilbert and Louis' dad load that giant trunk on the top of the car the entire ride to the college when their talking in the car you can easily see no their's trunk on the roof

and

Romeo Must Die-Car chase scene in a white mercedes
Windows shot out constantly change from just-shot-out to fixed then back to shot-out

and a nitpick
Road to Perdition-the guy who plays the son of Paul Newman is lying in bed in the beginning smoking a cig
First shot cig is almost a butt ready to be put out,cut back and it's about half-way down with a huge ash on it

mikehunt
01-14-03, 12:19 AM
I heard or read somewhere (possibly the commentary on the Criterion Edition) that it was a dummy and it bounced off the pavement, but they purposly left it in there

Originally posted by fmian

The biggest blooper I've seen is the guy who Robocop throws out the window in part one. When the replay is seen on the news footage, you can see the stunt guy bounce back up off a trampoline of something.

mikehunt
01-14-03, 12:21 AM
plus there are about twice as many decks as the Enterprise D has and the D is larger. I think in ST:V they go all the way up to 70 or 80 something

Originally posted by das Monkey
Much of <B>Star Trek V: The Final Frontier</B>, but most obviously the TurboLift scene where one deck is passed twice due to sloppy editing (not to mention that the deck numbers should descend instead of ascend, but that's another issue). We can also see the attachment that allows Nimoy to ascend with his "boots."

Add to that countless times when we see wires, most notable the Yosemite scene when Spock catches Kirk. In the same shot, we see both the harness under the costume and a rope tied to Shatner's leg. And these aren't "look real hard" things. We're talking obvious here.

das

Borst
01-14-03, 12:38 AM
the new Ocean's Eleven, the scene where Pitt and Damon are waiting for Roberts to come down, Pitt is eating a shrimp cocktail from a cup then a plate when they change angles

weargle
01-14-03, 11:48 AM
The Charger in Bullitt amazingly loses six hubcaps in the chase scene, and the Green VW keeps reappearing as well.

caiman
01-14-03, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Geofferson

-Pulp Fiction: There are bullet holes in the wall behind Sam Jackson before he gets shot at in the apartment.

I think QT explained this, and a few other continuity errors in Pulp Fiction, as intentional. He was trying to show how details of a story can change when told from different points of view. Another example is how the lines spoken by Amanda Plummer in the diner at the end of the movie are different from the ones at the beginning. I don't see why the lines would be changed unless it was intentional.

As for my contribution to the thread, I was going to name the T-Rex paddock in Jurassic Park as well. It's just insane how obvious and confusing it is. I mean, the filmmakers would have to entirely re-arrange the set to accommodate for this. I guess they just hoped people wouldn’t notice.

Also, in Fellowship of the Ring, when Frodo falls down in the snow, you can clearly see that his hobbit foot is no more than a rubber sock of sorts. You can clearly see the line where the rubber ends and his real skin begins. I noticed it upon my first viewing.

Gdrlv
01-14-03, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Salty
The point of his question was, Why would a movie shot in Vancouver have a scene shot at the Montreal airport? The cities are on opposite ends of the country.

My bad. Like I said, I haven't seen the movie for years and thought it was Montreal. It was Vancouver though...remembered when I read these posts.

Giles
01-14-03, 02:56 PM
the SFX shot in "Empire Strikes Back" when the Falcon does a giant 'loop' fly into the asteroid, two white streaks can be seen in the starfield behind the M. Falcon. These are very apparent on the LD pressings of the film, but not on the Special Edition where I think the scene was 'fixed'.

saoirse
01-14-03, 03:00 PM
Cape Fear. I love this movie but this scene drive me nut's because of the screw ups.

De Niro is at the bar picking up the ugly girl who he later bites the cheek off of. Anyway during the bar scene when he's turning on the charm, each time the camera switches back to her, her damn shirt goes from being un-buttoned to buttoned to every thing in between. It lasts for a good minute or so.

Bill Geiger
01-15-03, 02:06 AM
Happy Gilmore --> towards the end of the movie when Happy is going to be playing Shooter in the Championship tournament, there is a shot of the 18th hole, and you see the VW Bug already crashed, then the next seen, we see them getting ready to tee off. The actual crash seen doesn't happen for another 10 minutes or so. Then, we see the <b>same shot</b> again when Happy and Shooter go to the 18th hole at the end.

CROM1
01-15-03, 03:29 AM
A scene in Ghandi....extras are running around from being shot at by the British but they have smiles on thier faces!

ineluki
01-15-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
What do you think is the most obvious movie blooper of all time,

The changing tyres during the motorcycle chase in MI2.

Giles
01-15-03, 10:22 AM
"Last Emperor" - one of the extras looks directly into the camera

"Adventures of Baron Munchausen" - the camera pull back scene, you can see the camera tracks. When the Baron is being carried out of the waterfall room, you can see a wire holding him up.

Draven
01-15-03, 02:55 PM
I always liked this one in Braveheart (and I cannot look away from it now.)

In the first major battle (it's been awhile, can't remember the names of the fields,) there is a slight lull towards the end. There are two extras who are HILARIOUSLY sword fighting in the background. One of them kinda jumps in the air and spins around and then SLOWLY hits the other guys sword.

It's hard to explain, but it TOTALLY takes me out of the moment. I think it's funny though.

RyoHazuki
01-15-03, 11:43 PM
One for me was in Face/Off when Nic Cage shoots one dude with a shotgun and he flies back you can see the wires pull him back.

rabbit77
01-16-03, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure no one mentioned this one yet, but the scene in Pretty Woman when the whore and the rich guy shag for the first time, the rich guy's tie is off, then on, then off again.

victant
01-16-03, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by rabbit77
I'm pretty sure no one mentioned this one yet, but the scene in Pretty Woman when the whore and the rich guy shag for the first time, the rich guy's tie is off, then on, then off again.

I don't think I've quite heard it like this before.... :lol:

Rypro 525
01-16-03, 09:09 PM
That slo mo Arnold stunt double in T-2 plus the T-1000 with three arms in the helicopter.

mikehunt
01-16-03, 10:19 PM
I always thought the 3rd arm was the T1000 showing off it's skills
it needed the 3rd arm to fly while it reloaded the gun

Darkfriend
01-16-03, 11:00 PM
Not sure if it qualifies as a blooper but I HATE seeing the microphone hanging on top of the actors heads (Annie Hall and Spiderman for example). It totally removes my movie escapism experience . Haven't watched Spiderman on DVD yet but I hope they fixed it!.

I also remember watching McBain (with Chris Walken) in the theatres and seeing at one point the sound guy with headphones in the shot slowly walking backwards out of the frame. I'll definitely have to rent this again to be sure -smile-

Gunshy
01-17-03, 06:19 AM
Die Hard 3, when Willis and Jackson's characters drive the car out of the (Central) park and it flies through the air to the street below, you can see it hangs in the air a moment, it doesn't fall right because it's suspended, looks really silly.

In LOTR The 2 Towers...<TABLE BGCOLOR="Black"><TR><TD><FONT COLOR="Black">...when Gandalf the White is leading the charge down the hill to Helms Deep, you can see obvious Adobe Photoshop type retouching on the ground in front of him! I have done this type of digital image cloning at work so I spotted it right away and thought it was pretty funny. Oh, it's a great movie too despite any CGI issues there might be.</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

-Gunshy

Giles
01-17-03, 10:16 AM
That slo mo Arnold stunt double in T-2 plus the T-1000 with three arms in the helicopter.

It suprises me to think that you thought the 3rd arm was a mistake, or are you being sarcastic? The film book on T2 that I own Cameron actually points this out that this is an ability that the T-1000 has.

DonnachaOne
01-17-03, 11:16 AM
How about horrendously-picked stunt doubling?

The Rock. Sixty-something thinning-grey-haired Womack is seen hanging off a balcony, sho'nuff. Too bad the double is a much thinner guy with a lot more hair.

Face/Off. Remember Nic Cage's hair in that chase scene at the end? Close-ups;His hair is down against his face. Wide stunt double shots; the double's MUCH LONGER hair is blowing back in that bracing breeze.

Eraser.

Charles Russell: "Okay, when Arnold catches his parachute in mid-air, hire a stunt double that looks NOTHING LIKE ARNOLD and MOVE THE CAMERA IN ON HIM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE."

All others on set that day: "Ooh! Playing with their heads! You'll get an oscar for this one, Chuck".

Chopper
01-17-03, 01:38 PM
One that jumped out at me from the first viewing was in the Fugitive. Towards the end, someone (perhaps Tommy Lee Jones) is driving a car down the city street across from the hotel where the final scenes take place. He then makes a U-turn in the middle of the street. But the direction in which he turns the wheel and the direction in which the car turn are different.

And I love the one from North By Northwest.

blackfog
01-17-03, 01:46 PM
In "The Osterman Weekend" - I am just glad they had the courtesy to take the price tag off of the fake dog head in the refrigerator.

In "Jaws 4", Michael Cain climbs back over the side of the boat from being in the ocean, completely dry.

In "Repo Man", the ending scene when it is raining ice cubes, the ice cubes are being drop only in front of the camera in a straight row, no less.

In "Where the Boys Aren't, Part 4", you can clearly see that Asia Carrera's breasts are......OOPS! I mean ....uh.... NOTHING!

Venom
02-20-03, 05:30 PM
spaceballs. they capture the stunt doubles.

cheekymunkey
02-20-03, 06:16 PM
The one I spotted almost straight away and has spoiled every viewing of this classic movie every since for me...

In "Predator" just as the aforemention beast uses his shoulder cannon to blast Carl Wethers arm of at the elbow, and it falls to the floor still firing his weapon. In the next shot we see Carls reaction to being shot and you can CLEARLY see his arm straped to his side and the fake prosthetic in front of it. DOH! :)

jmaxlow
02-20-03, 08:54 PM
The MOST obvious I've ever seen:

Near the end of Aliens, when Ripley has opened the airlock, Bishop, now just a head, arms, and torso, STANDS UP THROUGH A HOLE IN THE FLOOR and grabs Newt. Don't know how they could have missed this in editing.

In Ghostbusters, during the rooftop battle, debris (presumably concrete) falls through the air and BOUNCES off a wooden police barricade.

Chipmaker
02-20-03, 10:27 PM
The Blues Brothers -- toward the end, Elwood drives up an uncompleted highway span, throws the Bluesmobile in reverse, speeds up backwards, and jams on the breaks, in order to flip the car up over the Nazis chasing them. OK, I can stretch to believing this, but then the Bluesmobile is facing the other way, in the air! Immediately after, the Nazis drive right off the end of the span, and are suddenly falling from a height of hundreds, maybe thousands of feet. Yeah, it's a comedy, but Landis didn't even TRY to make this sequence credible.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show -- early, Brad and Janet on the church steps, and Janet's handbag keeps jumping around.

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan -- Preston's bloody handprint on Kirk's tunic is curiously variable.

Ketamine
02-20-03, 10:42 PM
It's been a while but in Vision Quest, Lauden Swayne gets taken down but no points are awarded. But for some reason they start with Lauden on the bottom. He tries to escape but doesn't get away and then the ref give Shoot 2 points when he goes back down to the mat. If you know amateur wrestling at all then this one is quite obvious.

DarthMaul420
02-20-03, 11:14 PM
The entire continuity of the Halloween series.

The Glass shattering in Robocop before "Red",sorry, goes through it.

Plan 9 ... I hope it was ment to be like that.

Azazoth
02-21-03, 11:57 AM
Evil Dead II- Seeing the crew above the set during the motorcycle chase scene.

The Beyond- "Do Not Entry" sign in the hospital.

Tha Freak
02-21-03, 12:34 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never noticed that, what part.

it's in a New Hope at the end when Luke comes back from the battle and is greeted by Leia, he actually calls her "Carrie!"...

I don't know if they set it up in the remastered boxset, but it is quite obvious in my "the original one last time" box set!

davidlynchfan
02-21-03, 01:00 PM
Monty python and the holy grail-towards the end :D

GuessWho
02-21-03, 01:09 PM
it's in a New Hope at the end when Luke comes back from the battle and is greeted by Leia, he actually calls her "Carrie!"...

I don't know if they set it up in the remastered boxset, but it is quite obvious in my "the original one last time" box set! still in the special edition

Morf
02-21-03, 02:18 PM
In National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:

1) When the Griswolds are driving to get their Christmas tree, there is a mountain chain in the distance behind them. They were supposed to be from Illinois! There ain't any mountains here!

2) When Clark is sledding, you can clearly see the wire used to pull him across the snow in several shots.

3) When the dog is chasing the squirrel through the house, in one scene the squirrel abruptly disappears from the screen.

lookslikeme
02-21-03, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Amadeus
Also in the beggining when Tom Sizemore's character is explaining to his squad the mission,in the back ground you see about 2 people pushing a helicopter.

This one isn't a blooper. That's how the crews/mechanics move those helicopters around the tarmac... either tow them, or push them. If you ever go to an airfield/airport you'll see that sort of thing all day.

ryuryu2949
02-21-03, 04:19 PM
I cant believe one of the most famous bloopers of all time hasn't been mentioned:

I think its Goodfellas (although it could be Casino) where Joe Pesci is talking on the phone (with the phone in his hand) one second, then there is no phone, and then its back. I saw a docu or something one time that Scorcese didnt care about the error because he liked Pesci's performance in that scene.

BTW, someone had metioned the Adaptation takeout scene before, and I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but Cage clearly leaves the bag at the restaurant and leaves, only to be seen eating the food in the next scene.

fmian
02-23-03, 03:03 PM
That scene at the end of Blazing Saddles where you can see part of the set were they were filming. Don't know how that one slipped by :)

smirnoff
02-17-05, 01:44 AM
I was just watching Mr. Holland's Opus and noticed one of the most obvious and hilarious bloopers i've ever seen make it past the editing room. This is a screen cap from the funeral scene, and it's obviously supposed to be a very solemn occcasion. But what's this? The brother (?) of the deceased appears to be giggling.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/smirnoff04/mho.jpg
Hope nobody minds me bringing posting in a 2 year old thread.

Superboy
02-17-05, 02:04 AM
In RoboCop when some guy gets thrown out a high story window the next shot is news coverage of it and you clearly see the guy bounce back up into frame from the airbag.

If you listen to the director's commentary, he intended it as a joke to highlight the comedic nature of violence that's satired in the movie.

SuprVgeta
02-17-05, 02:38 AM
Superman IV: The Quest For Peace - When Superman is fighting Nuclear Man on the moon you can clearly see the wires used on Christopher Reeve as he's flying on the moon.

Waynes World 2 - (May be intentional) but Wayne is fighting Cassandra's dad and he twirls the sword and slices up his pants really good, yet in the next frame and throughout the rest of the fight Wayne's pants are in perfect condition.

Die Hard - the aforementioned changing colors of Bruce Willis' tank top from white to green.

FinkPish
02-17-05, 03:22 AM
Waynes World 2 - (May be intentional) but Wayne is fighting Cassandra's dad and he twirls the sword and slices up his pants really good, yet in the next frame and throughout the rest of the fight Wayne's pants are in perfect condition.
Of course it was intentional. Are you going to start complaining about Looney Tunes next? :D

jfoobar
02-17-05, 09:55 AM
I know it has been more than a year, but Groucho, your additions to this thread were hilarious.

The first thing I thought of is the fight scene between Sonny and Carlo. It features what is quite possibly the most obvious pulled movie punch in the history of cinema.

mikewendt
02-17-05, 10:12 AM
In The Doors, when Jim (Val Kilmer) is on the ledge of a hotel saying he's going to jump and Pam (Meg Ryan) is trying to get him back in to the room. If you look into the distance you can see a billboard down the street for Another 48HRS.

Giles
02-17-05, 10:14 AM
I don't know if this was intentional or not, but in The Leopard one of the dead? soldiers opens his eyes very slightly. He could have acting like he was wounded, unconscious or what but the way he is prominently positioned in the camera's field or vision, it looks like he wasn't supposed to open his eyes at all.

dom56
02-17-05, 10:37 AM
Here a few I spotted.

X-Men 2 - There a scene where Storm and Nightcrawler are searching for the kidnapped mutant kids. It show the kids in a cell but if you look very closely at the back of the wall you can see Nightcrawler, the next scene show Storm and Nightcrawler still searching, he has'nt teleport there yet.

The Crimson Pirate - Later in the movie when they show the pirate ship you can spot an ocean liner or tanker far away on the background.

Mysterious Island - There a scene with the five men climbing on a mountain, there a bareshirt guy popping out from a boulder.

mikewendt
02-17-05, 10:53 AM
In Chasing Amy you can see the crew's reflection in the window during the "argument in the rain scene"...

In Ed Wood, at the premiere of Bride of the Monster, someone can be heard shouting "Mr Landau," which of course is the real name of the actor playing Bela Lugosi.

I Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas when the duo first enter the Bazooko's Cirsus they stop to look at themselves in the wobbly mirrors. The mirror also reflects the cameraman filming the scene. The image is distorted and upside down but he's definitely there and becomes clearer as the shot progresses.

Also when Duke is trying to get Gonzo off that bar merry-go round he says "stop, you'll fall down". Notice a mirror coming up - if you pause it or just look quickly you can see the camera in the reflection of the mirror.

Giles
02-17-05, 11:27 AM
In Menace II Society the scene in the grocery store, during a camera pull back, the director/DP and camera can all be scene in the reflection of a mirror.

Initial theatrical release prints of Eyes Wide Shut had a brief shot of the camera seen in the reflection of the shower door mirror. Word is that this was optically removed for the video release.

Fok
02-17-05, 01:24 PM
Does seeing the mike in old porn movies count?

Bill Needle
02-17-05, 01:27 PM
Most of the posts in this thread are continuity errors. How about the time in Ben Hur, and they're racing the chariots, and the one guy totally loses it and wipes out big time! And then another guy does the SAME THING!!! How did they miss that in the editing room?! I crack up every time I see it. :lol:

RTorres481
02-17-05, 02:26 PM
Although technically not an error, Han Solo's disappearing vest in The Empire Strikes Back always stood out to me.

In House Party, keep an eye on Martin Lawrence's haircut. In different angles, it goes from a freshly cut fade to slightly shaggy.

One that my wife spotted: In the Tom & Jerry short, Mouse In Manhattan, I think Jerry takes turns dancing with 3 different dolls. The haircolor of one of them changes when he starts dancing with it. Pointing this one out could fall under another category completely: animation errors.

fryinpan1
02-17-05, 03:10 PM
Luke Wilson had about seven different hair styles in Old School. He mentions this on the commentary.

Nick Danger
02-17-05, 05:10 PM
In Close Encounters of the Third Kind the mothership is behind Devil's Tower, and it dwarfs the mountain. A couple of shots later, and it fits onto a runway. When I saw that, I thought, "Cool! That's what an interstellar ship should look like!" Then I was disappointed a minute later.

pdinosaur
02-17-05, 06:13 PM
Braveheart - Mel Gibson. charging. with his sword. not with his sword. with his sword. personally, i'd recommend running with the sword when you're about to get into a sword fight.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure - quite likely intentional, driving down the curvy road you can see the street signs are on rail tracks.

Jurassic Park - the car on first arrival at the trex pen looked suspiciously rained on for there being no rain yet.

Wrong Turn - that was a blooper right? zing!

Cardiac161
02-17-05, 07:37 PM
Bullitt - in the famous car chase scene, a Volkswagen appears around 3-4 times. Some of the scenes were obviously filmed with different cameras at different angles and then edited to show that McQueen's Mustang was leaping off the streets several times.

PopcornTreeCt
02-17-05, 09:09 PM
Interesting, I don't think I ever noticed any of these. I heard there was a bunch in Gangs of NY. I have to disagree with Jurassic Park, they never show where the road drops before the T-Rex escapes, it could have been there the whole time.

DVDsAreMyLIFE
02-17-05, 09:18 PM
Captain Ron - In the beginning when he tips over the milk, he picks it up, in the next scene the milk is tipped back over.

GrimTangent
02-17-05, 10:16 PM
PeeWee's Big Adventure: When he's driving in the convertible with that fugitive and passing by road signs, you can clearly see that the signs are on a track being pulled along by a rope. Also, earlier in the movie when he's locking up his bike, he pulls a extremely long chain out of a compartment on the bike. But the chain is clearly being fed up through a hole in the bottom of the compartment. These things were so unbelievably clear, it makes me think they were intentionally shown so blatantly.

JohnJaySmith
02-18-05, 12:17 AM
Superman IV: The Quest For Peace - When Superman is fighting Nuclear Man on the moon you can clearly see the wires used on Christopher Reeve as he's flying on the moon.

Not to mention the blindingly obvious black curtain right behind them.

Eplicon
02-18-05, 12:52 AM
PeeWee's Big Adventure: When he's driving in the convertible with that fugitive and passing by road signs, you can clearly see that the signs are on a track being pulled along by a rope. Also, earlier in the movie when he's locking up his bike, he pulls a extremely long chain out of a compartment on the bike. But the chain is clearly being fed up through a hole in the bottom of the compartment. These things were so unbelievably clear, it makes me think they were intentionally shown so blatantly.
That's not evident in the widescreen version of the film.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s85transfer.html

Image put out educational booklets explaining why the fullscreen laser transfer of Pee Wee's Big Adventure showed Pee Wee pulling an endless chain from his bicycle saddlebag. The transfer ruined the gag by unmasking the 1:85 cutoff area, which revealed the chain feeding upward through a hole in the bottom of the basket.

bis22
02-18-05, 12:52 AM

That's because you were watching the fullscreen open matte version. Look at the widescreen one and you won't see those things.

Edit: Damn, Eplicon beat me by about 5 seconds...

tanman
02-21-05, 07:21 PM
Some new ones that I thought of.

X-men when Wolverine and Mystic are fighting she hits him with a chain link fence that obviously vibrates like rubber.

Troy - this one really annoyed me. When a character dies and the king, risks his life and begs his killer for his body so he can "place coins on his eyes for the boatman". The resulting funeral pyre reveals...no coins. All the other dead people had coins. But the one time they make a big deal about it, no coins.

Flynn
02-21-05, 10:09 PM
Not obvious, but when I saw "The Life Aquatic" a few weeks ago, when Zissou and the team go on that island where the bandits are, after they exit the hotel you can clearly see a vehicle drive by through the fence behind them. This was supposed to be a deserted resort island though...

Flynn
02-21-05, 10:10 PM
Also, the last scene in "Braveheart" when the surviving fighters are charging the English, you can clearly see the swords and axes wobbling around b/c they're slow-motion and made of rubber...

The Ferret
02-21-05, 10:31 PM
When Indiana Jones is leaving the cave with the Idle and that big boulder falls causing Harrison Ford to run for his life!

Gee, how'd they let that one stay in?

jaeufraser
02-21-05, 11:36 PM
Also, the last scene in "Braveheart" when the surviving fighters are charging the English, you can clearly see the swords and axes wobbling around b/c they're slow-motion and made of rubber...

Oh, there's an even better goof in this film at the end of the battle of sterling. If you watch towards the background of one of the shots, you can see a couple guys fake fighting. Swinging their swords, not really hurting each other, goofing around. Quite funny stuff.

One that always cracked me up was the movie Congo. Granted it's a pretty silly movie to begin with, but it's still big budget. You can only see this in the widescreen version, but when they're going through the lost city of zinj, there's this one shot of a gaggle of birds flying out suddenly and scaring everyone. If you watch the widescreen version you can see the hand throwing the birds out. from behind the pillar in the lost city.

Victor Nettoyeur
02-22-05, 05:19 PM
I think QT explained this, and a few other continuity errors in Pulp Fiction, as intentional. He was trying to show how details of a story can change when told from different points of view. Another example is how the lines spoken by Amanda Plummer in the diner at the end of the movie are different from the ones at the beginning.

I don't have the latest Pulp Fiction DVD, so forgive me if this is mentioned inside...
Dialog, sure, but is the ultimate state of Marvin ever explained? A bullet to the face and decapitation seem to be a bit more drastic to be explained by a different point of view.

Rypro 525
02-22-05, 05:43 PM
I don't have the latest Pulp Fiction DVD, so forgive me if this is mentioned inside...
Dialog, sure, but is the ultimate state of Marvin ever explained? A bullet to the face and decapitation seem to be a bit more drastic to be explained by a different point of view.
well, he did get shot in the face, and his head did explode, so that explains the decapitation. (also, in the trivia track tarantino mentioned that in the orignal script, vincent shot him 3 times, but he thought the one time in the face was funnier.)

Victor Nettoyeur
02-22-05, 06:19 PM
well, he did get shot in the face, and his head did explode, so that explains the decapitation.

What I mean is that Winston notes "no head". They clean up bits of skull and brain. Then we see a severed (at the neck) Marvin head in the trunk with very little blood on his face. Even if the answer is that all the gore came from the exit wound, did they still cut off Marvin's head before calling Marcellus?

Rypro 525
02-22-05, 07:11 PM
What I mean is that Winston notes "no head". They clean up bits of skull and brain. Then we see a severed (at the neck) Marvin head in the trunk with very little blood on his face. Even if the answer is that all the gore came from the exit wound, did they still cut off Marvin's head before calling Marcellus?
its prob. a continuity goof

OldBoy
02-22-05, 08:08 PM
didn't Lucas digitally change this scene so the trooper actually tripped over a Bantha tail?

Rypro 525
02-22-05, 08:10 PM
didn't Lucas digitally change this scene so the trooper actually tripped over a Bantha tail?
not that i recall (although on the dvd, we do hear a loud thump

DieselsDen
02-22-05, 09:50 PM
In PURPLE RAIN, take a look at the mirror when Morris Day flashes his suit. You can see a guy in the reflection duck out of sight.

There are too many bloopers to count in SUPERMAN IV, but in SUPERGIRL you will notice that when there are dummies in the cage which comes crashing down on the floor (when Supergirl confronts Selina), and Supergirl doesn't even bother to fly when the floor starts shaking and catches on fire.

You can see wires galore in SUPERMAN III. They shine almost glaringly.

Also, read the credits for ATTACK OF THE (THE) EYE CREATURES.

The Dude
02-22-05, 10:00 PM
End of 'Fellowship', as Aragorn runs to Boromir, we see a supposedly dead orc sit up for just a second...

Poink
02-22-05, 11:48 PM
One that me and my friend caught last weekend was in House of the Dead. It actually does fall under "glaring" rather than "nitpicky" (althought there's pleny of that to go along, too...). Towards the end, there's a scene where they're escaping the "house" and one of the main characters gets held back by some zombie arms coming through the wall/door. There's a close up shot of him being held while he struggles and aims his gun towards a barrel of gunpowder. The next shot is a pulled back shot of the same room to show the other characters running out of there. Yet, we can see the zombie arms coming through the wall, but the soon-to-be self sacrificing "hero" is nowhere to be found. Now, it's one thing to laugh at a movie for having a visible boom mic or something, but to forget to put one of your 5 main characters in a shot?!

Also, there's a scene of a zombie jumping in the woods and you can clearly see the launch ramp. They didn't even TRY to hide it. If you pause it, you can even see the red "power" lights, and I think we even caught a glimpse of the operator hiding in the bushes next to it. Great film!

darkhawk
02-23-05, 08:43 AM
Speed - You can see the cameras on the sides of the bus. Even up close. You can also see a cameraman in a different scene

MrE
02-23-05, 01:17 PM
For not even making it past the title, I nominate Krakatoa, East of Java.

Moezilla
02-23-05, 01:19 PM
SW ANH - Leia shooting at the troopers while Luke readies the rope to swing them across the chasm and her blaster sounds like the pistol in Doom. lol

Original Walking Tall, when Pusser goes into the casino and has the first fight when he gets cut up. You can clearly see the boom mic drop into the scene and move around a bit (same thing happened in a scene in Gods and Generals when that old Irish Sgt was speaking with Col. Chamberlin the first time outside his tent in the theatrical release, think they fixed it for DVD) which was funny and reminded me of the scene in Kentucky Fried Movie for those who have seen that classic. lol

Moezilla
02-23-05, 01:24 PM
I always liked this one in Braveheart (and I cannot look away from it now.)

In the first major battle (it's been awhile, can't remember the names of the fields,) there is a slight lull towards the end. There are two extras who are HILARIOUSLY sword fighting in the background. One of them kinda jumps in the air and spins around and then SLOWLY hits the other guys sword.

It's hard to explain, but it TOTALLY takes me out of the moment. I think it's funny though.

I know the exact scene you are talking about and I felt the same way, definitely gives me laughs. That and the end when they're supposed to be charging across the field at Bannockburn under Robert The Bruce, loved the floppy rubber axes, in slo-mo it really shows up badly. lol

Moezilla
02-23-05, 01:26 PM
The one I spotted almost straight away and has spoiled every viewing of this classic movie every since for me...

In "Predator" just as the aforemention beast uses his shoulder cannon to blast Carl Wethers arm of at the elbow, and it falls to the floor still firing his weapon. In the next shot we see Carls reaction to being shot and you can CLEARLY see his arm straped to his side and the fake prosthetic in front of it. DOH! :)

It was a Happy Gilmore moment for sure! lol

Myster X
02-23-05, 04:31 PM
I can't believe nobody mention the first Terminator. The wording on the police car Arnie was riding in says "To Protect and Serve" when he entered the tunnel during the shoot out. After the crash, the wording changes to "Radio Dispatched".

slax
02-23-05, 04:45 PM
Running Man

Right after Arnold and his coherts break jail and get in to the city they see an ad for the running man on one of those big ad spaces.

Only thing is that in the advertisement its all stuff from when Arnold is on the show.

Save Ferris
02-23-05, 05:34 PM
The scene in GLORY where one of the little kids waving has a digital watch hanging on his arm. Its VERY obvious lol

yecul
02-23-05, 07:56 PM
>>>>>
>>>>>

It might have been mentioned prior, but which scene does this refer to?

gnradd21
02-24-05, 03:39 AM
I've always loved horror films and have never had a hard time suspending my disbelief and getting into them, but as I get older I find myself overanalyzing some I first saw as a kid. I especially love the Nightmare on Elm Street series, and recently I rewatched the original and noticed a hilarious blooper when Nancy and Freddy have their big showdown at the end. When Freddy falls over the second floor railing, you can easily (and I mean EASILY) see the mattress conveniently waiting to break his fall. I don't think Nancy put that there when she was booby-trapping the house. :D I know of course it was for the stunt double's safety, but they could have hid it better. But being a low budget film, even if they noticed it later they were probably like "oops...oh well". No biggie I guess...just hard to not notice when i watch it now.

On the dvd commentary of NOES Wes Craven and the others also joke about the stunt double for Robert Englund, who looks at least a foot shorter than Robert. In the scene where Freddy's chasing Tina you can clearly tell it's not Robert. But I wouldn't really consider it a blooper, because there's something a little extra creepy about a semi-midget Freddy. It actually makes that whole scene extra weird and frightening.

MrKen
02-26-05, 04:52 PM
The only thing I've ever really noticed was in T2. The 18 Wheeler chasing the dirtbike/Harley leaps off the road into the culvert, and the entire front end falls apart. The axle snaps in half, the wheels are askew. Then, it resumes the chase with some cosmetic damage and a working axle. It wouldn't have been so obvious, but they zoom in on the front of the truck when it lands, and then follow the crash with broken axle for a couple of seconds.

I don't even know if it matters- I'm sure it wasn't an option to drop two trucks off a 30 foot drop at 80 MPH, to see if one didn't break the front end. Most of this other stuff though, I wouldn't notice until someone pointed it out to me.

Trigger
02-26-05, 05:06 PM
did you guys already mention the magic windshield in Twister?

Tarantino
02-26-05, 09:53 PM
I remember the chase scene in Bullitt...the same shots were used from different angles at different points in the chase, so the hubcap comes off of the same tire like...4 times and there's a blue VW bug that drives by in several shots.

Quite funny.

grim_tales
09-24-05, 10:18 AM
In Sleepy Hollow, it would be impossible for the "Headless Horseman's skull" to belong to the headless horseman. We know the horseman filed his teeth so they'd be pointy, but the skull had normal teeth.

The entire ending of the Terminator featuring the endoskeleton. There's no way that could happen. There's a good chance the titanium casing of the metal would conduct the heat and melt the motherboard, all the wires and internal pieces.

starseed1981
09-24-05, 10:31 AM
I vote for the gentleman walking around in jeans during the first after-battle in "Gladiator".

BigPete
09-24-05, 10:33 AM
Not obvious, but when I saw "The Life Aquatic" a few weeks ago, when Zissou and the team go on that island where the bandits are, after they exit the hotel you can clearly see a vehicle drive by through the fence behind them. This was supposed to be a deserted resort island though...

I'm not sure you can call anything an error in that movie ...

Giantrobo
09-24-05, 10:34 AM
Sorry if already mentioned

<b>Predator 2:</b>

1. Predator rips out hoses and wiring after sprinklers shorts his system in the meat warehouse, but he also rips off several Dreads. OOPS! It's hard to see the 1st time but someone pointed it out to me years ago and now I laugh whenever I see the scene.

2. Gary Busey is cut in half by Predator throwing disc, a huge splash of blood falls to the floor and if I remember right his severed lower half...but not his severed upper half. Where did his upper half go?

Giles
09-24-05, 10:52 AM
I vote for the gentleman walking around in jeans during the first after-battle in "Gladiator".

I was surprised that Ridley didn't digitally remove that blooper for the revised cut of the film.

MahatmaPetey
09-24-05, 12:06 PM
in a movie i made when i was 10, it was supposed to be midnight but when i walk past a window i'm blinded by the ridiculously bright sun. hopefully we can fix that when it comes out on dvd.

story
09-24-05, 02:49 PM
I always felt the Indiana Jones trilogy had some of the most grievous moment-to-moment continuity editing errors of any movies I've ever seen, particularly Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Legolas
09-24-05, 07:37 PM
In Days of Thunder, when Cole and Claire go to visit Rowdy, his wife says to Cole, "Hi Tom."

Panda Phil
09-25-05, 04:59 PM
Surprised that no one ever mentions the shot in Raiders where Belloq swallows a fly during a speech without batting an eye.

Also one of my favorites was during Clash of the Titans where during a long shot of Perseus flying over the city, the footage of two guards walking up the stairs loops and they're suddenly teleported back down to ground level.

FaustBos
09-25-05, 06:03 PM
The scene in "Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me", the shot of mountains (in the background) when the camera pans across the 'London' set.

I LOVE this one!! I laughed out loud in the theater when I saw it. I'm thinking back now, and wonder if it might have been intentional. I could sware you see the HOLLYWOOD sign too. I'll have to check that.

paradicelost
09-25-05, 10:45 PM
I don't believe i've ever caught a goof that has been just really obvious in a film before, usually i hear about it in the commentary, or read about it on the IMDB. And then I watched "Less than Zero"(worst book-2-film adaption ever), and in the first party scene in the film, Clay walks into the house and stops right in front of the boom mike operator, not just the boom, but you see the operator, and he looks right at the camera and smiles. I swear if the camera was on him for another minute he would have introduced himself. Thats the most obvious screwup i've ever seen, but then again if you're a fan of the book, the whole film is one big goof(sorry to get off topic)

lordwow
09-25-05, 11:08 PM
Star Wars: A New Hope: Obi-Wan's lightsaber dying mid-fight.

Dr. Calamari
09-26-05, 12:12 AM
I got one.

In The Opposite Of Sex, two of the main characters are going to Canada, via Detroit. The Canadian port of entry shows a mountainous backdrop, which is totally incorrect...the topography of Ontario (Windsor, to be exact) is pretty much the same as that of Detroit, which it adjoins. No mountains or forest (or even trees, at least on the Detroit side) around there, nosiree!

MovieExchange
09-26-05, 12:24 AM
>>>>>
>>>>>

It might have been mentioned prior, but which scene does this refer to?

It's on the Death Star. I don't remember the exact scene, but one of the other Stormtroopers says something like "check on him" right after it happens.

On another Star Wars note - Luke says "Hey" not "Carrie." No blooper.

Kiss Meets the Phantom - it's as much a blooper as some of the others here. Ace Frehley was so *****ed up during filming that he couldn't even get in front of the camera, so they put a black man in Ace's makeup and costume. They didn't even try to get someone matching Ace's physical stature, and the guy had lips bigger than Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler combined, making the substitution even more glaring.

Giles
09-26-05, 10:20 AM
Surprised that no one ever mentions the shot in Raiders where Belloq swallows a fly during a speech without batting an eye.

Also one of my favorites was during Clash of the Titans where during a long shot of Perseus flying over the city, the footage of two guards walking up the stairs loops and they're suddenly teleported back down to ground level.

In regards to the Belloq scene I wouldn't necesarilly call that a blooper - more like accidentaly/non-responsive improve acting.

I'll have to check out that Clash of the Titans blooper - that sounds funny.

DealMan
09-26-05, 10:22 AM
My favorite is from Last of the Mohicans.

It occurs while the British are marching after surrenduring the fort and right before they are attacked by the Indians. If you look at the bottom of the frame you can see a crewmember wearing a baseball cap and talking into a megaphone at the extras.

MahatmaPetey
09-26-05, 11:54 AM
i just watched Manhattan Baby last night, and when they zoom in for a close up on the father's face, you can clearly see the entire crew watching him in the reflection of his glasses.

atari2600
09-26-05, 02:36 PM
GLADIATOR.

In the beginning when Russle Crowe is in the woods being taken away to be exacuted. There is a man in blue jeans and a t-shirt in the backround. Quite hilarious!

does anyone have a screenshot of this one?

Legolas
10-13-05, 07:42 PM
Anyone ever see First Knight? Apparently, you can see telephone transformers in the background.

Seeker
10-23-05, 03:04 PM
Boy, it's OBVIOUS that this is NOT the "most obvious" goofs in movies thread.

Why is it that people point out the obscure goofs rather than the obvious ones?

I stand by my statement from almost 3 years ago.

I guess it's more fun to point out obscure goofs, or there really aren't any obvious ones.... ;)

Bill Geiger
10-24-05, 05:24 PM
does anyone have a screenshot of this one?

I am watching it now and the only person in the background is a guard on a horse wearing the proper clothing.

The jeans guy must be, as said earlier, in the scene after the first battle which I am gonna look for it now.

Bill Geiger
10-24-05, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by starseed1981

I couldn't find this...at what time on the dvd does this occur?

Fincher Fan
10-25-05, 09:10 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned but there is two instances I can recall in Casino. The first is in the beginning as DeNiro hops in his car - the camera and crane arm are easily visible in the door window. The second is when he is dragging Sharon Stone through the house to the bedroom - reflected in the mirror behind them at the end of the hallway is the steadicam operator!

Damed
10-25-05, 10:16 AM
The most glaring one I've seen is in LOTR: Return of the King.

When Aragorn et all go to the black gate, and meet the mouth of Sauron. Aragorn cuts his head off, and he falls off his horse (this happens in front of the gate). The next scene is the black gate opening, and all the orcs coming through. This is a wide shot, and you see Aragorn there on his horse in the foreground.... but no mouth of Sauron? The body, the head - even his horse, are no where to be seen in the shot. Magically disappeared I guess.

SuprVgeta
10-25-05, 04:09 PM
Dumb and Dumber - When Jim Carrey is in the bar waiting for Mary and the bartender is like "yeah I know her..." and Jim Carrey gets ticked off and grabs the bartender's collar. In the first shot he's grabbing him with the right hand, but in the next shot he's holding the bartender's collar with his left hand.

Although not a movie one, a glaring mistake in 24: Season 1 when I watched it on DVD: Spoilers, as it's in the last episode
When Jack is chasing Victor on the docks and shooting at him during the finale shootout you can clearly see a cameraman wearing his helmet with a clear glass screen in front of him, and he rotates the camera to follow Jack. When I first saw the scene I was like WHOA! who's that guy behind Jack, turn around Jack! lol

cleaver
10-25-05, 04:26 PM
In T2 when "Arnold" jumps his bike to go after the T1000
The crash toward the end of The Fast and the Furious when you can see the helmet
All of Game of Death

jaeufraser
10-25-05, 06:56 PM
I LOVE this one!! I laughed out loud in the theater when I saw it. I'm thinking back now, and wonder if it might have been intentional. I could sware you see the HOLLYWOOD sign too. I'll have to check that.

Considering he cracks a joke later on about how much the English countryside looks like the hills of southern california, I'd bet it was intentional.

Giles
10-26-05, 12:59 AM
I am watching it now and the only person in the background is a guard on a horse wearing the proper clothing.

The jeans guy must be, as said earlier, in the scene after the first battle which I am gonna look for it now.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I find it hard to believe Scott didn't digitally remove this blooper for the Extended Cut of the film.

Brack
04-05-14, 02:33 AM
Watching The Terminator for the umpteenth time, I can't believe I or not one else noticed Arnold's change of hairstyle during the night club shoot out. At the beginning of the scene, Arnold had medium short hair, but by the end of the scene he had a buzz cut. Did Arnold get an accidental haircut or something?

TheMovieman
04-05-14, 02:44 AM
Kind of shocking in the 10+ years since this thread was started and nobody mentioned... Batman Returns???

http://i.imgur.com/zgmKJ5r.jpg

Brack
04-05-14, 02:48 AM
Kind of shocking in the 10+ years since this thread was started and nobody mentioned... Batman Returns???

http://i.imgur.com/zgmKJ5r.jpg

I guess I'm stupid. Where is the blooper?

TheMovieman
04-05-14, 03:13 AM
The eye shadow is gone (it was in the scene before but removed as he's about to tear off the mask). Never understood why they just didn't shoot it from the back and then cut to the front as he's tearing it off.

gmanca
04-05-14, 03:17 AM
The eye shadow is gone

Bricks were shitted

rennervision
04-05-14, 09:17 AM
The one I immediately thought of was the scene in You Only Live Twice where James Bond's preferred martini is now "stirred, not shaken."

UAIOE
04-05-14, 02:15 PM
The one I immediately thought of was the scene in You Only Live Twice where James Bond's preferred martini is now "stirred, not shaken."

I can't express how much this took me out of the movie. I can't even watch the movie anymore.

rennervision
04-05-14, 04:27 PM
As a Dirty Harry fan, I can also say it drives me nuts that Harry's police chief (played by Bradford Dillman in The Enforcer and Sudden Impact) is called the wrong name in Sudden Impact. In The Enforcer he was Captain McKay; in Sudden Impact he's now Briggs. But Briggs was the corrupt police chief played by Hal Holbrook in Magnum Force who was later replaced by McKay!

Traxan
04-05-14, 07:00 PM
"Finding Nemo" -- Nemo's tank in the dentist's office was clearly a freshwater design, from the gravel to ornaments and airstone and the filter, which was a key plot point. Yet the fish were from the ocean. A saltwater tank would have been stylistically VERY different. The filter would have been very different as well. As a veteran fishkeeper, this just jumped out at me.

I mentioned this to Bill Kinder, who produced the DVD, and he was surprised. He didn't know, either.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KTMN-5CdOnw/UA9DaC6qpKI/AAAAAAAACkw/J7NB3mtsd-U/s1600/Finding+Nemo-00:38:00.jpg

Very obvious freshwater design.

http://allaquaticsgv.com/images/salt_tank.jpg

A salt water design more appropriate for Nemo.

Some others:

"Braveheart" -- Extras in battle scenes wearing watches and in a few fight scenes, just dicking around in the background and not really making the effort.

"Rumble in the Bronx" -- You can see snowcapped mountains in the background. In the Bronx? That's because it was shot in Vancouver.

"Speed" -- Same thing. When the bus finally makes it to LAX and crashes into that old 707, you see snowcapped mountains in the background. The hills behind Malibu aren't that tall and sure don't get snowcapped.

Michael Corvin
04-05-14, 10:19 PM

Maybe because this is the "Most obvious blooper" thread and not the "Blink and you miss it" blooper thread.

UAIOE
04-05-14, 10:36 PM
"Rumble in the Bronx" -- You can see snowcapped mountains in the background. In the Bronx? That's because it was shot in Vancouver.

I admit I had never seen a Jackie Chan movie before this came to the theaters.

I noticed the mountains, and the kid playing a Game Gear without a game in it, and the general silly characters in this movie. I let most of that slide because the stunts were nothing I had seen before.

TheMovieman
04-06-14, 12:06 AM
Maybe because this is the "Most obvious blooper" thread and not the "Blink and you miss it" blooper thread.

I'm sorry, but seems to be an obvious blooper and it's not exactly blink and you miss it (go to 3:09). Might not go over minutes or anything, but pretty damn obvious and hard to miss.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wBvlGF5nD7s#t=3m09s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GoldenJCJ
04-06-14, 12:15 AM
"Speed" -- Same thing. When the bus finally makes it to LAX and crashes into that old 707, you see snowcapped mountains in the background. The hills behind Malibu aren't that tall and sure don't get snowcapped.
There's a blooper in Speed right before that shot that makes me cringe every time I see it. At the point where Jack and Annie are the last two people on the bus and they use the floor panel to slide under the bus just before it explodes, as they show the two riding on the floor panel you can plainly see wheels attached to it. The whole thing could have been easily avoided if they had just changed the angle of the shot by raising the camera about a foot higher.

Rypro 525
04-06-14, 01:11 PM
Has the "phantom punch" in the Godfather been mentioned? Where a guy gets the crap beat out of him, but the punches miss clearly by 3 feet

Guru Askew
04-06-14, 01:26 PM
Watching The Terminator for the umpteenth time, I can't believe I or not one else noticed Arnold's change of hairstyle during the night club shoot out. At the beginning of the scene, Arnold had medium short hair, but by the end of the scene he had a buzz cut. Did Arnold get an accidental haircut or something?

Not a mistake. His hair is singed from fire. He loses his eyebrows at this point too. Maybe not the most convincing or well-handled example of the Terminator character sustaining damage throughout the films, but still intentional.

Spiderbite
04-06-14, 02:57 PM

I can't express how much this took me out of the movie. I can't even watch the movie anymore.

Are you talking about where the other spy "Henderson" (actor Charles Gray) offers 007 a drink? If so, I always took that as a quip. The undercover guy who is supposed to know everything get the drink wrong and 007 just has to grin and bear it. Even Sean Connery responds to him a little sarcastically if I remember correctly.

I don't think James Bond ever orders a martini in the movie that way, does he?

Ash Ketchum
04-06-14, 07:03 PM
I admit I had never seen a Jackie Chan movie before this came to the theaters.

I noticed the mountains, and the kid playing a Game Gear without a game in it, and the general silly characters in this movie. I let most of that slide because the stunts were nothing I had seen before.

Speaking of Jackie Chan, in the movie MR. NICE GUY (1997), the opening sequence shows a TV reporter and her crew covering a drug deal from a hidden spot on an upper level of a warehouse until they're discovered by the bad guy and chased by his henchmen. They're shooting on VHS(!) and somehow the tape winds up in the hands of Jackie Chan (I don't remember how) and he or someone in his household puts it in a VCR at home and what we see is...not the drug deal as it would have been shot from the hidden spot high above the action, but the entire opening sequence of the film edited exactly as we saw it, with multiple angles, cross-cutting close-ups and everything. Nobody thought to use the video camera employed as a prop to simply shoot five minutes of the drug deal from the angle of the hidden camera crew and then use that clip in the VCR sequence. Something that would have taken a few minutes to set up and added absolutely zero extra dollars to the budget.

Loc Nar
04-06-14, 10:04 PM
Love this thread. I noticed at the outset (way back in 2003) there was discussion about the infamous car appearing in the Fellowship of the Ring. raKim was absolutely right. This car blooper was in the theatrical release and I recall seeing it at the theater. It appeared just as he said - during the scene where Sam notes that he's just stepped past the furthest he's ever been from home. The scarecrow scene. As soon as it was brought to light, I have no doubt that Weta techs scrubbed the hell out of the offending blooper for all future prints, discs, etc. Maybe they even scrubbed it before PJ ever saw it, but it was there. I saw it. And you can too.

It is captured for all eternity on the Extended Fellowship of the Ring DVD set (I have not double checked to see if it is still present on the Blu-Ray set) - and I don't mean within the film itself - it was scrubbed out before it was pressed. If you go to the Appendices Disc II and then go to the Sound and Music - Music for Middle Earth section, you can see the car. Specifically, go to 9:45 of that section which starts the Fellowship Theme section. At 10:00 you will see an overhead shot of Frodo and Sam near the scarecrow. In the upper right of the screen, there is a smoking fire - someone burning leaves or something. Look to the left of that fire and you will see a dust trail come barreling down a road from right to left - way to fast for a Black Rider. That's the infamous car.

UAIOE
04-07-14, 12:43 AM
Are you talking about where the other spy "Henderson" (actor Charles Gray) offers 007 a drink? If so, I always took that as a quip. The undercover guy who is supposed to know everything get the drink wrong and 007 just has to grin and bear it. Even Sean Connery responds to him a little sarcastically if I remember correctly.

I don't think James Bond ever orders a martini in the movie that way, does he?

I'm being facetious.

Speaking of Jackie Chan, in the movie MR. NICE GUY (1997), the opening sequence shows a TV reporter and her crew covering a drug deal from a hidden spot on an upper level of a warehouse until they're discovered by the bad guy and chased by his henchmen. They're shooting on VHS(!) and somehow the tape winds up in the hands of Jackie Chan (I don't remember how) and he or someone in his household puts it in a VCR at home and what we see is...not the drug deal as it would have been shot from the hidden spot high above the action, but the entire opening sequence of the film edited exactly as we saw it, with multiple angles, cross-cutting close-ups and everything.

I was aware of this blooper. Again, the main attraction of Jackie Chan movies is less plot and overall continuity/logic, and more spectacular stunts.

Unless we talk "City Hunter". That movie is great because its so goddamn nuts. This is the only movie I could ever consider a "live action cartoon".

Ringmaster
04-07-14, 01:02 AM
Has the "phantom punch" in the Godfather been mentioned? Where a guy gets the crap beat out of him, but the punches miss clearly by 3 feet

It's one of the greatest movies of all time but every time I see that "phantom punch" I cringe.

Giles
04-07-14, 01:07 AM
It's one of the greatest movies of all time but every time I see that "phantom punch" I cringe.

I haven't seen the Godfather in awhile - but, where/when does this happen in the movie?

zekeburger1979
04-07-14, 01:28 AM
I haven't seen the Godfather in awhile - but, where/when does this happen in the movie?

When Sonny is beating the crap out of Carlos in the street. I think James Caan and Gianni Russo thought that the camera was behind James and James made it look like he was punching Gianni for that angle instead of the one that was actually being shot.

Another obvious blooper from The Godfather is when the Don is walking Johnny Fontaine out the door after their meeting at the wedding, you see an extra walk halfway through the door frame, stop, and back out the way she came. Francis Ford Coppola talks about this in his commentary.

Jaymole
04-07-14, 08:36 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b01CNTnCA3A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jaymole
04-07-14, 08:38 AM
Love this thread. I noticed at the outset (way back in 2003) there was discussion about the infamous car appearing in the Fellowship of the Ring. raKim was absolutely right. This car blooper was in the theatrical release and I recall seeing it at the theater. It appeared just as he said - during the scene where Sam notes that he's just stepped past the furthest he's ever been from home. The scarecrow scene. As soon as it was brought to light, I have no doubt that Weta techs scrubbed the hell out of the offending blooper for all future prints, discs, etc. Maybe they even scrubbed it before PJ ever saw it, but it was there. I saw it. And you can too.

It is captured for all eternity on the Extended Fellowship of the Ring DVD set (I have not double checked to see if it is still present on the Blu-Ray set) - and I don't mean within the film itself - it was scrubbed out before it was pressed. If you go to the Appendices Disc II and then go to the Sound and Music - Music for Middle Earth section, you can see the car. Specifically, go to 9:45 of that section which starts the Fellowship Theme section. At 10:00 you will see an overhead shot of Frodo and Sam near the scarecrow. In the upper right of the screen, there is a smoking fire - someone burning leaves or something. Look to the left of that fire and you will see a dust trail come barreling down a road from right to left - way to fast for a Black Rider. That's the infamous car.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GOg5x1uMMe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shannon Nutt
04-07-14, 09:46 AM

That's more something of the time period though...a lot of stunt fights had obvious missed punches in them in movies of that period (when filmmakers weren't as particular because they didn't think their movies would be seen 100 times over on 50-plus inch home TVs). We just pinpoint The Godfather because it's one of the great all-time movies.

The one that's ALWAYS bothered me, and few people have even noticed it is in STAR TREK VI when McCoy and Kirk on on the ice planet and McCoy says "He's definitely on about something, Jim." The first half of that line (the camera switches angles half-way through), DeForest's mouth isn't even moving. :(

Spiderbite
04-07-14, 09:57 AM
I'm being facetious.

I figured you were but I didn't think the other guy was.

rennervision
04-07-14, 01:24 PM

I always figured that's because Sean Connery was so sick of playing Bond at this point he thought "Aw to hell with this," and smiled politely while secretly hoping the goof ends up in the final cut. :)