Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one ? Serious Sam, XBox, and a Best Buy screwjob ...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-03-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As discussed in this thread ( http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=257426 ) I ordered Serious Sam on Dec. 16 using my Goldmember coupon. With free shipping, the total was $15.89 - sweet.

The next day I got an email saying the game had shipped. By my reckoning, it would arrive by New Year's Day, maybe even the day after Christmas - again, sweet.

January 2nd arrives. No game yet. I call 1-888-Best-Buy for info. I also check my account myself. The tracking shows it shipped out of the fulfillment center on the 18th and arrived in the Chicago USPS sort center. It then apparently fell into a black hole. Now Sam isn't the only one who's serious

The phone monkey promises they will investigate (whatever that means) and will email me in a couple of days with my options. Fine.

Said email arrives today. All it says is "item returned" (after never receiving it in the first place) and "account credited", but only for the $15.89. No replacement coupon, no 2nd attempt to ship, no apology, nothing.

(insert exploding head smilie here)

I call back. After summoning all the righteous indignation I can muster and explaining what a good customer I have been since they opened their first store here, the only sort of apology I get is "I've noted on your account you want a $5 in-store gift card instead of a new digital coupon, but I don't know if they do that. Thank you."

Did the Chicago post office have a problem with employees -GASP- STEALING PACKAGES and BB wants to save Mr Zip's image ? Did the truck mine was on wreck or get hijacked ? Do they think I simply have nothing better to do than lie about a lost $15 game so I can get a second copy of the same game free ?

It's not about the $5 coupon, or even the lost package. It's about being treated like a valued customer instead of like garbage.

**** 'em

MOD NOTE: Edited for foul language.
Old 01-03-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
So you're really mad ... not a reason to violate DVD Talk Forum rules. Closing thread.